Spurs Web
Borodin

FA Cup 5th Round SPURS vs Everton Wed 10/02/21

Spurs Web Player Ratings :

Hugo Lloris – 3 – Made a world-class stop when Spurs were 1-0 up, then followed up by palming it into his own net. A game to forget for the Frenchman.

Matt Doherty – 4 – Actually one of his better performances in a Tottenham shirt on the ball, but still looks sloppy at the back. He failed to step up with everyone else to play Bernard offside in the crucial Everton winner, for example.

Davinson Sanchez – 5 – My biggest issue with Sanchez. He grabs a couple of goals and flies in with a great block early on. But he always always always has a few mistakes a game in him which means he may never be a consistent first choice.

Toby Alderweireld – 3 – Seemed to just lose his bearings for those seven minutes in the first half. No longer has the pace to make up for his mistakes, meaning they are highlighted. Seems so passive in the challenge these days.

Ben Davies – 3 – Seemed to struggle a little when he pushed up down the left and got caught out a few times. I think half the problem is not having centre-backs who are able to cover marauding full-backs.

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg – 4 – Gave the ball away with a needless flick for Everton’s first goal, then gave away the penalty for the third. Two big mistakes with good play either side.

Tanguy Ndombele – 6 – One of the better performances of the night, Tanguy Ndombele put in a real offensive and defensive shift. His fitness seems to improve by the week. Those around the corner balls are priceless in midfield.

Erik Lamela – 6.5 – Definitely seems to be staking a claim for a first-team spot at the moment with no other advanced playmakers standing up. A well-taken goal and plenty of chances created by the Argentine.

Lucas Moura – 6 – Such a talented player up until the final pass or shot. Too wasteful in the final third but his ball carrying skills are very important throughout the match.

Steven Bergwijn – 5.5 – Some nice little moments throughout the game. Does tend to drift in and out but consistent minutes are hard to come by this season.

Heung-min Son – 8 – Three assists for the South Korean on the night. So much better in that left-sided role with Kane on the pitch. He is not a striker.

Substitutes: 

Harry Kane – 7 – Made a difference after coming on and got Spurs back in the game. Unfortunately, missed a key chance at 4-4 to put Spurs in the lead.

Dele Alli – 5 – Coming on and getting booked for diving wasn’t ideal. Good to see him back out there, even if he probably had more minutes than he needed.

Harry Winks – 2 – Needed to be the driving midfielder with his fresh legs but Winks was far from it.

Giving Dele Alli a 5 rating has me absolutely baffled, unless they've missed off the minus sign in front. I have highlighted the comments to which I totally agree :16:

I am beginning to wonder if Harry Winks is struggling to play because he can't cope with the 'pressure' situation we are in. Also having to fight for a place since we bought players in the summer he has started to struggle.

He started his career when he came out of the academy showing he had raw talent that could see him become a pretty good player. Since the run that started after we had gone 11 unbeaten EPL games, he has, if anything, deteriorated. 

It is looking more like his career is with one of the regular mid table teams. KWP has come on a hell of a lot with Southampton.

Just a thought.

COYS

59 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I thought Lamela was our MotM - a really good, committed performance

Yes we was good earlier this season too in several matches until injury and Covid breach. Glad to have him back - he’ll be needed.

I can just see his shit-house tactics ruffing up City a bit... 

8 hours ago, Alonso said:

A bit ironic that Jose played Hugo over Hart because he undoubtedly felt it it was needed.  In the end Hugo gives up 3 questionable goals that Hart may have saved.  We will never know but i agree our keeper situation is worrying. I always felt Gazzaniga was going to develop into a top keeper and was certainly better than Hart and capable of challenging Hugo.

Gazzaniga is 10 times better than Hart. But it's always the same situation, the idiot manager doesn't like him, just like that. It's not a pragmatic reason. 

The only clear pragmatic theory is that we have a moron managing our club. 

13 hours ago, Borodin said:

I'm expecting him to be sacked later than Pochetino, but I trust in stingy Levy, when he will see the final table with us finish 10th and no european football, he will stop judging with his heart. :) 

1 minute ago, Mihai said:

I'm expecting him to be sacked later than Pochetino, but I trust in stingy Levy, when he will see the final table with us finish 10th and no european football, he will stop judging with his heart. :) 

I obviously hope you are wrong with your 10th prediction. I can see us in top 6 and a Europa spot but I just cannot see a trophy in the cabinet now the FA Cup has gone. That's the one Harry and Son wanted and I think it would take more than a miraculous victory against City and the title of Carabao Cup Holders to keep those two here for next season anyway.

Winning carling cup would be a miracle. But it is the only miracle I believe in, this season. 

If you believe 6th is ours, which club higher in the league right now, do you think is going to be out of top 6? We are not better than City, Utd, Lpool, Leicester, Everton, Chelsea. Maybe Spam could drop from that place. 

46 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Winning carling cup would be a miracle. But it is the only miracle I believe in, this season. 

If you believe 6th is ours, which club higher in the league right now, do you think is going to be out of top 6? We are not better than City, Utd, Lpool, Leicester, Everton, Chelsea. Maybe Spam could drop from that place. 

I don't think West Ham or Everton will make it and we will nick 6th spot.

19 hours ago, Mihai said:

Gazzaniga is 10 times better than Hart. But it's always the same situation, the idiot manager doesn't like him, just like that. It's not a pragmatic reason. 

The only clear pragmatic theory is that we have a moron managing our club. 

I always thought Gazzaniga was pretty poor. Made a few great stops but let in a lot of easy saves

15 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I always thought Gazzaniga was pretty poor. Made a few great stops but let in a lot of easy saves

Is Hart better? We didn't have to pay additional money for someone else, for the same service. Or maybe worse. 

5 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Is Hart better? We didn't have to pay additional money for someone else, for the same service. Or maybe worse. 

No he's not but apparently bringing him in on a free was part of getting round the 'home grown player' restrictions and allowed us to bring in another foreign signing. I was absolutely baffled and annoyed by the decision, utter madness.

To all of you out there looking for a way of watching live football using an android mobile or tablet then I can thoroughly recommend this app which is surprisingly available at the moment from the Google Playstore         https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.footy.hd.live17

Simply install from there and you will see a choice of European leagues to select. When you see an advert on screen just allow it to play out (30 seconds at the most) and then either select 'No Thanks' or press your back button to remove. You only get an advert when first opening or choosing a stream. I have found it one of the best out there and so easy to use.

Let me know what you think if you decide to try it. I'll definitely be using it for the City game later today :16: I would advise you install ASAP as I cannot see Google having this listed for much longer.

I'm watching Everton v Fulham and Fulham are winning 2 - 0. Everton look very poor, so how on earth did we let them score 5 against us. Fulham have been attacking all through the game and at the same time keeping Everton totally out of the game. 

It doesn't say much for us does it?

Thankfully Everton are likely to lose - had they won we would be heading for 9th or 10th place at the end of the season - especially as Arsenal won. 

What a disappointing season that promised so much after the 1st 12 games. 

COYS