Spurs Web
Borodin

Man City Vs SPURS Sat 13th Feb 17.30pm

Borodin I agree with your points and while I completely agree that the players have to take responsibility for their very poor performance, the simple fact is we’re not in any position to completely overhaul the team. That’s too much deadwood here that other clubs don’t want or need or will meet Levys ridiculous valuations. I fear that Son and Kane will just leave at the end of this season as why should they stick around while Jose rebuilds? I don’t see any improvement at all under Jose. The football is painful to watch and I don’t think the guy has it in him to change. He doesn’t have the players he has in Chelsea etc and reality is he probably will never have the likes of a John Terry again. So what’s the point in continuing with him? He doesn’t trust younger players, he can’t get Kane and Son  back to the form they had earlier. I don’t see a future for him here 

4 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

Nah. just recently, this is the worst spell that I can recall.... mind you the defence in front.....:12:

Tonto he’s a reasonable shot stopper. His command of the box is negligible, rarely comes off his line . His distribution has been awful down the years. If I was a centre half he wouldn’t instil  much confidence in myself. In his defence, that head collision and subsequent heavy concussion he suffered was the start of his error prone years. This isn’t knee jerk, I’ve been calling him a liability for years.

11 minutes ago, Salopspur said:

Tonto he’s a reasonable shot stopper. His command of the box is negligible, rarely comes off his line . His distribution has been awful down the years. If I was a centre half he wouldn’t instil  much confidence in myself. In his defence, that head collision and subsequent heavy concussion he suffered was the start of his error prone years. This isn’t knee jerk, I’ve been calling him a liability for years.

His distribution has always been woeful, even when he was making brilliant shot stops...he hasn’t been great for years but lately absolute trash 

We know bringing Mourinho was a dream come true for Levy. The big thing that I'm afraid of is Levy not to judge the performance but decide with his heart, by giving to the world class muppet another season to prove. This is the biggest disaster in Spurs history. 

7 minutes ago, Mihai said:

This is the biggest disaster in Spurs history. 

Really ? Isn't that over dramatising a bit ? We sit 8th in the league, are in the Carabao Cup Final in April and are still fighting for the Europa League Cup next week. You talk about the current sitaution being the 'biggest disaster in Spurs history' when some of us remember only too well the bitter taste of relegation

The season was 1976-77.  We had won the League Cup in 1971 & 1973, the UEFA Cup in 1972 and finished losing finalists in 1974.  We had become the first English club to play in three major European final and had not been out of the top division since 1950.  Spurs had not suffered relegation since 1935. In the previous season (1975-76) we finished 9th, but in 1974-75 stayed up by just 1pt. Our manager Terry Neill resigned from the club and made the short journey to Highbury, during the summer.  The club then appointed Keith Burkinshaw.

So be despondent if you will and call for the manager's head by all means but please don't make over statements like that. To call this the biggest disaster in Spurs history is a huge exaggeration. God forbid a Spurs fan should ever feel the pain of relegation ever again.

2 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Really ? Isn't that over dramatising a bit ? We sit 8th in the league, are in the Carabao Cup Final in April and are still fighting for the Europa League Cup next week. You talk about the current sitaution being the 'biggest disaster in Spurs history' when some of us remember only too well the bitter taste of relegation

The season was 1976-77.  We had won the League Cup in 1971 & 1973, the UEFA Cup in 1972 and finished losing finalists in 1974.  We had become the first English club to play in three major European final and had not been out of the top division since 1950.  Spurs had not suffered relegation since 1935. In the previous season (1975-76) we finished 9th, but in 1974-75 stayed up by just 1pt. Our manager Terry Neill resigned from the club and made the short journey to Highbury, during the summer.  The club then appointed Keith Burkinshaw.

So be despondent if you will and call for the manager's head by all means but please don't make over statements like that. To call this the biggest disaster in Spurs history is a huge exaggeration. God forbid a Spurs fan should ever feel the pain of relegation ever again.

Agree, it's exaggeration. But attention that I was referring to the next season, with Mourinho in charge. So who knows? :)  

3 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Agree, it's exaggeration. But attention that I was referring to the next season, with Mourinho in charge. So who knows? : 

Nobody does, let's see how this one pans out first. If Spurs don't qualify for Europe or win a trophy which will cause Kane, Son and others to be looking for the exit door then I cannot see Mourinho lasting another season. :16:

When we sit here demanding the head of Mourinho in order to put things right at our club let's not forget one thing... We’ve been masters at failure for a long time now, managers and players have come and gone, but Levy and ENIC have been around for just over 20 long years and are the one constant in our equation of lack of success. Daniel Levy is more than willing to give the supporters a sacrificial lamb in order to maintain control and there is little we as supporters can do to change the current Tottenham hierarchy.

Our owner Joe Lewis celebrated his 84th birthday on Feb 5th 2021 and the sightings of him at our stadium are about as frequent as those of Halley's comet. He isn't getting any younger and I'm convinced the introduction of the NFL to our new ground represents the foundations of our future development. When we announced our partnership with them in July 2015 I am certain it was just the first step towards a future goal of the club eventually being American owned.

These plans have been somewhat thwarted with current Covid restrictions but once Levy gets bums back on seats we may well see the transformation from Premier League caterpillar into Trophy Winning butterfly. Jose is a stop gap, a means to an end. If he brings success it's an added bonus but for now he serves his purpose as another scapegoat for another fruitless season. We have the infrastructure, now we just need the financial muscle to battle with the best this league has to offer.

Mark my words, the winds of change are coming and whoever wins the battle for naming rights may well show us which way they are blowing......

8 hours ago, Borodin said:

When we sit here demanding the head of Mourinho in order to put things right at our club let's not forget one thing... We’ve been masters at failure for a long time now, managers and players have come and gone, but Levy and ENIC have been around for just over 20 long years and are the one constant in our equation of lack of success. Daniel Levy is more than willing to give the supporters a sacrificial lamb in order to maintain control and there is little we as supporters can do to change the current Tottenham hierarchy.

Our owner Joe Lewis celebrated his 84th birthday on Feb 5th 2021 and the sightings of him at our stadium are about as frequent as those of Halley's comet. He isn't getting any younger and I'm convinced the introduction of the NFL to our new ground represents the foundations of our future development. When we announced our partnership with them in July 2015 I am certain it was just the first step towards a future goal of the club eventually being American owned.

These plans have been somewhat thwarted with current Covid restrictions but once Levy gets bums back on seats we may well see the transformation from Premier League caterpillar into Trophy Winning butterfly. Jose is a stop gap, a means to an end. If he brings success it's an added bonus but for now he serves his purpose as another scapegoat for another fruitless season. We have the infrastructure, now we just need the financial muscle to battle with the best this league has to offer.

Mark my words, the winds of change are coming and whoever wins the battle for naming rights may well show us which way they are blowing......

Fans on the internet will often fire the manager each week, but is there really any indication that Mourinho's seat may be warming? Would it require missing Europe entirely? Would he still have an argument that he can't succeed with what he has at the back?

By the way Mr Levy, if you're thinking of making the change and you want me to come in to be your Ted Lasso, I'm happy to accept the position :7:

12 hours ago, Borodin said:

Very true in that JM is simply an employee and DL and Enic are the ones who run the club for Joe Lewis. 

It would seem that over the years that any love that Joe Lewis may have had for the club has waned to the point of uncaring. DL and some in Enic may still hold a strong affection for the club, but their hands are tied in that their one priority is in making profits. 

Of course, any manager working under those restrictions will have less room for manoeuvre. However, for me it isn't necessarily a blanket excuse for failure. Just look at at Leicester, Brighton and Burnley, they are examples that avoiding dropping points with limited talent on the pitch is quite possible whether in the fight for top 4 or avoiding relegation. 

Having said that, in my view,  our demise is pretty much down to the manager and a handful of players. I think both JM's man management of some players has fallen short as have some of his tactics. With Lloris, Auriere, Sanchez and Dier, collectively thy have been responsible for far too many unnecessary goals that we have given away. I think all 5 of those will need replacing before we can think about getting back to where we were 2 years ago. 

Perhaps we do need a change of owner to change the mind set within the the club's administration. Perhaps a happy chappie Thai billionaire who love the club and not think of it as a money making asset. 

COYS 

I can’t see there being any change soon ,,unless there is a lot off player unrest behind the scenes.

must say dele Ali just looks like he really can’t be bothered at all ,,the players look like the harder they try the worse it gets,,,it seems to me there is a severe lack in confidence with the players not trusting each other 

maybe the injuries and the chopping and changing is unsettling the players 

22 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

I can’t see there being any change soon ,,unless there is a lot off player unrest behind the scenes.

must say dele Ali just looks like he really can’t be bothered at all ,,the players look like the harder they try the worse it gets,,,it seems to me there is a severe lack in confidence with the players not trusting each other 

maybe the injuries and the chopping and changing is unsettling the players 

I would add to that there seems to be a lack of leadership on the pitch. With the club captain too often being responsible for conceding goals, surely iti is time it was taken away from him? I have nothing against him personally, but it just seems a nonsense to me. For me, the general on the pitch has to someone who plays every game  and not be one who isn't regularly responsible for giving away goals, so that severely restricts the choices. 

Sadly, when you look at our last dozen games, the drift to mediocrity seems to be accelerating and increasingly appears to have reached an almost unsolvable situation. Without a massive change that is impossible to do anything about until the end of the season, it is hard to maintain hope. 

COYS 

58 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I would add to that there seems to be a lack of leadership on the pitch. With the club captain too often being responsible for conceding goals, surely iti is time it was taken away from him? I have nothing against him personally, but it just seems a nonsense to me. For me, the general on the pitch has to someone who plays every game  and not be one who isn't regularly responsible for giving away goals, so that severely restricts the choices. 

Sadly, when you look at our last dozen games, the drift to mediocrity seems to be accelerating and increasingly appears to have reached an almost unsolvable situation. Without a massive change that is impossible to do anything about until the end of the season, it is hard to maintain hope. 

COYS 

I refer the honourable gentleman to my recent thread entitled "What do we do with Hugo ?" :16::two:

14 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to my recent thread entitled "What do we do with Hugo ?" :16::two:

I think the answer is obvious and will happen in the next window. Hart must also go and not be his replacement otherwise the problem will not have been solved. Even that may not provide a solution if we finish between 7th and 9th which is not beyond the realms of possibility the way we are playing. Any really good aspiring goalies will not consider it an upwards step if we are not in Europe.

I feel we are in a canoe without a paddle being thrown about in the rapids heading for a 60ft waterfall with no chance of getting to the bank to escape.

All that just explains why I am feeling so miserable and dejected regarding the future. It is not looking for reasons as to why we are in this situation and is not attaching blame. I have just answered the question.

COYS

19 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I think the answer is obvious and will happen in the next window. Hart must also go and not be his replacement otherwise the problem will not have been solved. Even that may not provide a solution if we finish between 7th and 9th which is not beyond the realms of possibility the way we are playing. Any really good aspiring goalies will not consider it an upwards step if we are not in Europe.

I feel we are in a canoe without a paddle being thrown about in the rapids heading for a 60ft waterfall with no chance of getting to the bank to escape.

All that just explains why I am feeling so miserable and dejected regarding the future. It is not looking for reasons as to why we are in this situation and is not attaching blame. I have just answered the question.

COYS

I think this famous analogy sums up our situation perfectly :

It's like being in a dark room, looking for a black cat...that isn't there !

21 hours ago, Jay Kane said:

Klopp is 8/11 on to be the next manager to go,something is up there.

Typical of Liverpool. They sacked Brendan Rodgers simply because he didn't win the EPL. 

COYS 

4 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Typical of Liverpool. They sacked Brendan Rodgers simply because he didn't win the EPL. 

COYS 

They have moved quickly before ,,,but not this time ,,,no van dyke,,,and the rest of the defence,,,would scupper any manager,,,I am surprised Jose is not favourite