Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Tonto911

Pundits, var, blah blah blah etc

There is a pattern developing...

Gundogan 'engineered' that penalty against Hojberg at the weekend, just like Werner did for the chavs recently (against Dier)...

They both put their foot in front of a defender's foot as they were either running or swinging the leg to hit the ball...

We all could see it especially as it was shown over and over on var.

I recall also that Mane also did it for the bindippers last season....

Tammy Abraham did it last evening, and didn't get a penalty but did get injured - serves him right !

Andy Townsend , commentating said "he was unlucky" instead of pointing out what I just described.

We are all being conned all the time - by cheats, poor refs, var and wanky pundits.

Why don't our attackers learn and adopt this 'black art' and redress this imbalance ?

26 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

Gundogan 'engineered' that penalty against Hojberg at the weekend, just like Werner did for the chavs recently (against Dier)...

They both put their foot in front of a defender's foot as they were either running or swinging the leg to hit the ball...

Tammy Abraham did it last evening, and didn't get a penalty but did get injured - serves him right !

Andy Townsend , commentating said "he was unlucky" instead of pointing out what I just described.

We are all being conned all the time - by cheats, poor refs, var and wanky pundits.

Why don't our attackers learn and adopt this 'black art' and redress this imbalance ?

Abrahams last night turned into the challenge deliberately and expected a referee's whistle and a penalty. Instead he suffered an injury and has only himself to blame. What has also been really embarassing were the two pathetic attempts of Dele Alli to conjure up a penalty in his last two appearances. The first resulted in a simulation yellow card and the second just left him sitting on his bum looking a complete idiot. He really needs to watch a few videos and learn how to do it properly. I must admit though I still cringe when I watch Lamela get Martial sent off.

One of the biggest hypocrites with regard to diving is Alan Shearer. He moans about divers on MotD, but I distinctly remember him calling it 'being professional' when he was playing.

All teams have divers - some are very good at it (Saleh, Mane) and some are crap (Dele).

It's embarassing to see the actual contact that takes place and compare it to the manner in which they fall and scream out in pain. They are obviously waiting for that slightest touch on their ankle or shoulder and they drop like a felled stag. Something needs to be done and quickly.

If Hojberg had gone down when he was trodden on it’s no pen ,,,it’s clear and obvious foul ,,but he stayed on his feet ,,and if the ref and var said t was accidental,,,so was the contact from Hojberg 

6 hours ago, Borodin said:

It's embarassing to see the actual contact that takes place and compare it to the manner in which they fall and scream out in pain. They are obviously waiting for that slightest touch on their ankle or shoulder and they drop like a felled stag. Something needs to be done and quickly.

I reckon these players who scream and roll around should be forced to play 5 minutes of rugby

14 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I remember Joey Barton standing on the touchline watching a rugby match and saying that there was no way anybody would get him on the pitch

Have you seen this ? Just about sums it up in my book.

I've been to loads of luncheons and dinners where you get a celeb on your table for the duration. Phil Bennett was interesting and Dame Edna was disgusting (and soooo funny), but the best by a country mile was Ranulph Fiennes. What a man. Completely fearless and very intelligent.

On 2/16/2021 at 2:01 PM, Tonto911 said:

To be fair i think Harry Kane is a ‘’master’ of it now

On 2/17/2021 at 8:48 PM, Cromulentmart said:

I remember Joey Barton standing on the touchline watching a rugby match and saying that there was no way anybody would get him on the pitch

I think they'd all "get him" if he was on the pitch......

(See what I did there?)