Spurs Web
Borodin

PL West Ham Vs SPURS Sunday 21st Feb 12:00 k.o.

4 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

OK, so we lost. I personally won't accept any criticism against the players or JM. 

In my opinion we were the best team and and didn't deserve to lose. We twice hit the woodwork and were unlucky there. They were lucky we gave them 2 soft goals. 

Sadly, it looks as though nerves are getting to the the players as we are playing well but snatching our shots. It is heartbreaking, but let us not go mad hurling abuse. 

We need to get behind the team not put more pressure on them by castigating them. 

COYS 

Don’t agree mate, you can’t play like a bunch of shy girls for 70 minutes and then try and grab the game in the few remaining minutes. When was the last time you confidently watched Spurs and felt we owned the whole 90 minutes against a decent team? 

41 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

Doherty too - he is playing further upfield than Tanganga was

First half Tanganga was in acres of space time after time, and got ignored. they just went down the left all the time.....

On 2/18/2021 at 8:26 PM, Mihai said:

I am optimistic West Spam will get 3 red cards and we will attack like nothing in the world by shooting 2 times on goal, snatching a huge point in a super 0-0 performance. 

Right on the ball again. You're a genius... :4:

15 minutes ago, Alonso said:

10W 6D 8L

I said it before and I will say it again now

lose to City no problem, lose to WHU and Jose gets the sack.

not blaming him for this per se, but results are poor and that’s what happens to Managers when results are poor.

his insistence to play Dier at CB and the constant chopping and changing in the back 4 is leaking goals week in week out and he was brought in to get us sorted defensively.  

for me he has to go 

It sounds paradox (god knows I hate Josie), but sacking Mourinho at this moment would be suicidal. Who should turn the wheel around? Rodgers, Ancelotti are both successful with their clubs and not available. Kovac is satisfied at Monaco and Nagelsmann would be a choice, but now he is discussed at Real I doubt we have a chance. Zidane? What would Gareth say? I personally would try Gerard, just to see how he does. I think he couldn’t do worse than the master of the toilet play, Mourinho the shit maker!

But I really think at the moment he sits in the same boat as the players and if he takes the chance he and the team could come out of this stronger. Its one thing to motivate the players but another to keep yourself motivated. He stated, the players are not beliving in themselves. But what about him? Does he still believe in his abilities. I wish not, cause the time would be perfect to change and part with old ways and believesystems. 

On the other side, the club shouldn’t be a support group for his EGO

When teams put a string of good results together and are feeling confident, they are more relaxed on the pitch. They make less panicky mistakes leading to conceding goals. They are more inclined to take their chances and score goals. 

For whatever reason, our season in the EPL has gone sour. The squad is good enough to be sitting in the top 4, and there is a argument they should be. However, we are not. Understandably, it is going to be more of a struggle for the guys to relax and play well. 

The future may be looking bleak and may turn out to be a disaster. Having said that, we are in with a chance to win the Carabou Cup - we beat City against all the odds to get to the CL Cup final last season. We are still in the European Cup and winning that gets us into next seasons CL. 

I neither happens then, by all means vent your anger. Until it does, as Spurs supporters, let us get behind the manager and team. 

And no, I have not morphed into a JM supporter. 

COYS 

The frustrating thing is that we seem to create our problems rather than the opposition. That looked like a training exercise of "concede an early goal and see if we can fight back'.

Last 40 mins was a stirring effort but by then the damage had been done, two goals scored early in each half killed us off and left us chasing the game.

I know the team has to be rotated because of fixture pile ups but I would have started again today with Bale, Son and Alli and see how that panned out, keeping a 'still recovering' Harry Kane for the second half. Early season we were like greyhounds out of their traps at the kick off whistle, pressing and threatening, always dominating the play and not giving the opposition an inch of space. Now look at us.

I think through a constant series of team changes and unfathomable substitutions the manager has destroyed the self belief and confidence this squad once possessed and used so well to cut through teams with at the beginning of this campaign.

Undoubtedly Jose's man management skills need a lot to be desired and his post match interviews are now miles away from the smiling Mourinho we used to see on our screens. He's back to his 'mean and moody' petulant best, refusing to answer reporters that question his judgement and telling everyone how the team 'should have won but didn't'.

He has two insurance policies at the moment, Carabao Cup and Europa League Cup. Should both of those trapdoors open under his feet then the noose tightens and he's gone. The club will could well fall silent again as Bale returns to Real Madrid along with Reguilon, Vinicius loan period ends, Lloris and Kane go to PSG and maybe take Son with them. Once again we would have to rebuild and Levy escapes the hangman.

Thank God we have no supporters at matches because they would have little to cheer about at the moment. We are on a very slippery slope with Arsenal just two points behind us. Let's hope City do us a favour later today and take all 3 points. The Gunners then have Leicester and Burnley away before we play them on March 21st. We have Burnley, Fulham and Palace and unless that constitutes 9 pts we could go into the derby desperately needing a win.

I appreciate we need to be optimistic but performances and results lately would indicate that a pinch or two of "realistic" has also to be added to the pot.

15 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

The squad is good enough to be sitting in the top 4,

To quote the manager last week "It happened last season, let’s keep it going until the end and let’s see what the table will give us. In the end, the table always gives you what you deserve".

So whilst I agree with your statement about the squad at the end of the day it's their performances that have not been good enough. Look at a list of the players we have to choose from and you would assume we would be challenging strongly on all fronts, league title, domestic and European cups. Granted we are still in EPL and a Cup Final on April 25th but based on current form I cannot see us beating Pep's team and EPL will only become tougher as the teams get fewer.

I will continue to hope we turn this around, beat City, win the EPL and finish top four and regardless of whether we do or not my support for this club will remain unwavering.

COYS

For what reasons Serge is not playing, I don’t know. But even I don’t like Dorothy (simply not good enough) I prefer him over Japhet.

Dier is the best option at the back (LCB) and that speaks volumes! If Ben, only in a 5 man defensive line, although I would replace him right from the spot, he is too mediocre. I would exchange him with underrated bargain players like Borna Barisic for example, who could also be used as CB. Another option would be Rodon. Coupled with Toby. Of course in a LCB position in a classy 4 men defensive line. Btw Rodons natural position, but this is what Josie hasn’t tried out yet. That don't surprise me, cause Josie has no clue! 

Taking Lamela off was a fail. He was one of few players that showed contribution from the start and thats why his substitution is not understandable. Taking off Son would have made more sense, who showed nothing today. Dorothy for Japhet was okay, but Dele? Super fail! 

Why Harry shouldn’t need to pick up the ball in midfield was obvious in the match. He can hold the ball but is slow as fuck and thats why Soucek caught him up. Its the job of Son, Lucas and Bale to serve him with passes, when he is meant to play as a striker!

In every match you will find Lloris have his errors. Another reason why we should have replaced him long ago. But imagine he gets injured! Good god have mercy, Joe Hart would be his suitor. IMO Fabianski was always one of the most underrated PL veterans.

It's the same thing time after time.  We had enough chances to win and we seem OK defending set pieces and structured attacks, but always there are individual errors or a general sense of panic. The best teams find their best back 4 and stick with it.

Also, if Bale cannot yet play 90 minutes, why not play him the first 45 instead of the last 45? He is definitely getting back to some kind of form, but we are always chasing the game when he comes on.  It's bloody frustrating.

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

The frustrating thing is that we seem to create our problems rather than the opposition. That looked like a training exercise of "concede an early goal and see if we can fight back'.

Last 40 mins was a stirring effort but by then the damage had been done, two goals scored early in each half killed us off and left us chasing the game.

I know the team has to be rotated because of fixture pile ups but I would have started again today with Bale, Son and Alli and see how that panned out, keeping a 'still recovering' Harry Kane for the second half. Early season we were like greyhounds out of their traps at the kick off whistle, pressing and threatening, always dominating the play and not giving the opposition an inch of space. Now look at us.

I think through a constant series of team changes and unfathomable substitutions the manager has destroyed the self belief and confidence this squad once possessed and used so well to cut through teams with at the beginning of this campaign.

Undoubtedly Jose's man management skills need a lot to be desired and his post match interviews are now miles away from the smiling Mourinho we used to see on our screens. He's back to his 'mean and moody' petulant best, refusing to answer reporters that question his judgement and telling everyone how the team 'should have won but didn't'.

He has two insurance policies at the moment, Carabao Cup and Europa League Cup. Should both of those trapdoors open under his feet then the noose tightens and he's gone. The club will could well fall silent again as Bale returns to Real Madrid along with Reguilon, Vinicius loan period ends, Lloris and Kane go to PSG and maybe take Son with them. Once again we would have to rebuild and Levy escapes the hangman.

Thank God we have no supporters at matches because they would have little to cheer about at the moment. We are on a very slippery slope with Arsenal just two points behind us. Let's hope City do us a favour later today and take all 3 points. The Gunners then have Leicester and Burnley away before we play them on March 21st. We have Burnley, Fulham and Palace and unless that constitutes 9 pts we could go into the derby desperately needing a win.

I appreciate we need to be optimistic but performances and results lately would indicate that a pinch or two of "realistic" has also to be added to the pot.

I agree with all you say. I was horrified when Mourinho came as I never liked him and felt he had long lost the plot.

I still feel the same and put most of the blame on him for how the season has turned out. That said, the players have not covered themselves in Glory. Too often there has been no excuse for the goals they have conceded nor for the dozens of missed golden chances. If they had done their job efficiently, we would have been enjoying success. In fairness, they have let him down. 

There are 2 reasons for my current views. The first is that it will be a calamity  if we finish out of the top 5.The second is, that to avoid disaster, we have to hope and pray a miracle happens and we do enough to keep our top players next season. 

I don't like his management style nor his preferred tactics. I have no confidence he will bring the success we all crave. I think he has blown it and it is very unlikely he will succeed. But until it is certain, the reality is I have to live with him so will have to give him my support. 

I will be the first to cheer if JM is sacked, but I will be heart broken if we are back to pre Poch days starting all over again. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Spurfect said:

For what reasons Serge is not playing, I don’t know. But even I don’t like Dorothy (simply not good enough) I prefer him over Japhet.

Dier is the best option at the back (LCB) and that speaks volumes! If Ben, only in a 5 man defensive line, although I would replace him right from the spot, he is too mediocre. I would exchange him with underrated bargain players like Borna Barisic for example, who could also be used as CB. Another option would be Rodon. Coupled with Toby. Of course in a LCB position in a classy 4 men defensive line. Btw Rodons natural position, but this is what Josie hasn’t tried out yet. That don't surprise me, cause Josie has no clue! 

Taking Lamela off was a fail. He was one of few players that showed contribution from the start and thats why his substitution is not understandable. Taking off Son would have made more sense, who showed nothing today. Dorothy for Japhet was okay, but Dele? Super fail! 

Why Harry shouldn’t need to pick up the ball in midfield was obvious in the match. He can hold the ball but is slow as fuck and thats why Soucek caught him up. Its the job of Son, Lucas and Bale to serve him with passes, when he is meant to play as a striker!

In every match you will find Lloris have his errors. Another reason why we should have replaced him long ago. But imagine he gets injured! Good god have mercy, Joe Hart would be his suitor. IMO Fabianski was always one of the most overrated PL veterans.

The teams JM picks is killing off Son's game imo. With Kane, Moura, Lamela, Bale on the pitch with him where is he he supposed to play? They pass the the ball more to one of those four and we never see during the game. 

He needs long/through balls to run onto or given to him on the wing to take advantage of the brilliant side of his game. It just never happened this game. 

Just my view that I feel sorry for Sonny in so much that he is not getting the passes he thrives on. 

COYS 

40 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

It's the same thing time after time.  We had enough chances to win and we seem OK defending set pieces and structured attacks, but always there are individual errors or a general sense of panic. The best teams find their best back 4 and stick with it.

Also, if Bale cannot yet play 90 minutes, why not play him the first 45 instead of the last 45? He is definitely getting back to some kind of form, but we are always chasing the game when he comes on.  It's bloody frustrating.

Totally agree about Bale..let's use him like we did in the EPL and turn him into a match winner rather than a match saver.

Put him on from kick off.

53 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Totally agree about Bale..let's use him like we did in the EPL and turn him into a match winner rather than a match saver.

Put him on from kick off.

It’s well worth trying at least anyway. The current approach is not working, everyone is very used to defending against our stale attacking system, we just aren’t hard to play against really. At least Bale would offer something different! 

Just reflecting on the match today and the first one vs WHam earlier this season. Lanzini scores that screamer and Bale hits the bar with something similar. It’s a very fine line.

I also note there were hardly any of us (me included) who wanted Lingard at Spurs when that transfer story did the rounds. Now he’s got 3 goals in 3 - and is a match winner today with a nice finish, that out lot would have snatched at, with no composure.  Proof that you can’t necessarily write a player off! 

Today Bale proved he is still a magic player. In fact he was brilliant. 

On the other hand we have the moron who played him because the performance and supporters screamed to get him in, not because the idiot believed in him. Mourinho doesn't know anything about our players skills, about where the players should play in order to reach the highest performance. Focus on defending style when you have an attacking team in hand is simply crazy. 

The only chance to play in Europe next year is to win the carling cup. No chance for top 7 if the world class moron is still here. 

1 hour ago, Mihai said:

Today Bale proved he is still a magic player. In fact he was brilliant. 

On the other hand we have the moron who played him because the performance and supporters screamed to get him in, not because the idiot believed in him. Mourinho doesn't know anything about our players skills, about where the players should play in order to reach the highest performance. Focus on defending style when you have an attacking team in hand is simply crazy. 

The only chance to play in Europe next year is to win the carling cup. No chance for top 7 if the world class moron is still here. 

We could still win Europa I suppose.

23 hours ago, KCspurs said:

We could still win Europa I suppose.

We could, but not under Mourinho's leadership if he believes the problems are not under his control.

Some of the football has been scintillating which proves to me we have the squad to do it, we just don't have the manager. 

COYS