Spurs Web
Borodin

EPL SPURS Vs RZ Pellets WAC 24/2/21 17:00 k.o.

With a 4-1 aggregate lead there is always a danger of complacency creeping in and this team will not let up on us, that's for sure. Still, taking all that into consideration I cannot see us losing this match. I shall allow them the courtesy of a goal but will predict we manage another three on Wednesday and an overall aggregate win of 7-2.

Onwards and upwards !!

We should play our second string, although perhaps we need  the reserves for the PL, because the first team ain't cutting it.

To be fair, West Ham was a close game that either side could have won, but the lack of concentration at the start of each half was a total disgrace. 

We should win this easily no matter what side we put out.

4 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

They have to score 4 goals plus match any we score during the match. Of course we will win. 

COYS 

The most confident post about the outcome of a match that I have ever seen you post....now I'm really worried.:7:

51 minutes ago, Borodin said:

The most confident post about the outcome of a match that I have ever seen you post....now I'm really worried.:7:

I do have a record of tempting fate and and getting punished for it, so now I am worried I have done it again. 

:21: So I am sending her a prayer to be lenient with me.

COYS 

25 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I do have a record of tempting fate and and getting punished for it, so now I am worried I have done it again. 

:21: So I am sending her a prayer to be lenient with me.

COYS 

The fates consist of three ladies known as The Moirai so I suggest you pray to all of them.It was part of a thesis I had to write many years ago. It's an interesting concept actually about us all being given the thread of life. Clotho spins each person's thread, Lachesis determines the length of each thread and therefore your lifespan and Atropos cuts the thread and thereby determines how we shall leave this life.

I strongly recommend keeping the trio sweet if Spurs are to lift some sort of trophy this season and sincerely hope we both have extremely long threads :16:

1 hour ago, Jay Kane said:

I think if the attitude is right from the players and the manager we could win the europa league no problem,it’s a way back into the champions league and it has to be mourinhos top priority..

With the greatest of respect I have made one slight addition to your post but agree entirely that the Europa is well within our abilities to win. It requires the 'attitude' of both to become positive and confident. Jose's recent bleating to the media in which he said "I think for a long, long time, we have problems in the team that I cannot resolve by myself as a coach." indicates to me that he doesn't intend to put in too much effort in order to resolve matters. He is also not accepting responsibility and trying to absolve himself and his coaching staff from any blame. He appears to be resigning the club to its fate and getting ready to walk away.

Same old Mourinho, smiling and happy when everything is going right and then petulant child as results start to go wrong. These are the times when a manager's true fighting qualities need to come shining through. I greatly admire the attitude of Chris Wilder at Sheffield United this season. In every interview he has been candid and honest about his teams performances but he always remains upbeat and confident about his and his squad being able to ride the storm. He sets the right example and the players will respect and respond to him because of that.

Imagine Kane, Son and the rest of our squad then hearing our manager gossip about internal club problems which he cannot control. See the difference ?

I'm afraid for me the writing is on the wall for the 'Special One'. It's just a matter now of when Daniel has the guts to read it and do something.

5 hours ago, Borodin said:

With the greatest of respect I have made one slight addition to your post but agree entirely that the Europa is well within our abilities to win. It requires the 'attitude' of both to become positive and confident. Jose's recent bleating to the media in which he said "I think for a long, long time, we have problems in the team that I cannot resolve by myself as a coach." indicates to me that he doesn't intend to put in too much effort in order to resolve matters. He is also not accepting responsibility and trying to absolve himself and his coaching staff from any blame. He appears to be resigning the club to its fate and getting ready to walk away.

Same old Mourinho, smiling and happy when everything is going right and then petulant child as results start to go wrong. These are the times when a manager's true fighting qualities need to come shining through. I greatly admire the attitude of Chris Wilder at Sheffield United this season. In every interview he has been candid and honest about his teams performances but he always remains upbeat and confident about his and his squad being able to ride the storm. He sets the right example and the players will respect and respond to him because of that.

Imagine Kane, Son and the rest of our squad then hearing our manager gossip about internal club problems which he cannot control. See the difference ?

I'm afraid for me the writing is on the wall for the 'Special One'. It's just a matter now of when Daniel has the guts to read it and do something.

Great post mate,you speak like a well educated solicitor.,if I’m ever in trouble I’m contacting you for advice,lol,just kidding lad..

22 hours ago, Borodin said:

Brilliant post

Tbh I think the change in tactics I.e attacking football,,,is brought on by the players ,,there must have been a meeting of some sorts ,,,I.e we had a saying in my pool team ,,,if ya like losing your a fcuking loser ,,,, no one likes coming second especially if your being told to play negative,,,,rather go done fighting ,,,,so some fighters must have expressed there own view on the situation 

Hope everyone is well! 

Being already 4-1 up you would imagine that we'll see this game out quite easily... but tonight, the players shouldn't worry about the agg score because we need to focus on winning this particular game and not the two combined. going out with the mentality tonight that its gonna be okay to concede because were already winning will surely lose us this tie, or make it harder work than it needs to be.

I agree with Borodin on being worried about potential complacency.. 4-1 is quite the cushion, yes... but not an impossible scoreline to come back from... especially against our defence atm. 

Aslong as we implement the attacking football weve shown over the last couple games which I believe stems from recent rise in form from Bale, Lamela and Moura we should be okay. But is it more important that we save these players for Burnley ? For me, its the opening up to attack that allows our midfield and defence to be compromised so easily.. I really was an advocate for Dier and Sanchez but now I honestly cant see what JM sees in the combination. Constant errors leading to goals and piss poor communication... yet Toby, Rodon and Tanganga are going to waste. 

Providing we forget were 4-1 up and bring the game to them early like we did in the reverse fixture, we should have no problems winning this 3-1 with an overall score of 7-2. 

COYS

7 minutes ago, LiamCOYS said:

Hope everyone is well! 

Being already 4-1 up you would imagine that we'll see this game out quite easily... but tonight, the players shouldn't worry about the agg score because we need to focus on winning this particular game and not the two combined. going out with the mentality tonight that its gonna be okay to concede because were already winning will surely lose us this tie, or make it harder work than it needs to be.

I agree with Borodin on being worried about potential complacency.. 4-1 is quite the cushion, yes... but not an impossible scoreline to come back from... especially against our defence atm. 

Aslong as we implement the attacking football weve shown over the last couple games which I believe stems from recent rise in form from Bale, Lamela and Moura we should be okay. But is it more important that we save these players for Burnley ? For me, its the opening up to attack that allows our midfield and defence to be compromised so easily.. I really was an advocate for Dier and Sanchez but now I honestly cant see what JM sees in the combination. Constant errors leading to goals and piss poor communication... yet Toby, Rodon and Tanganga are going to waste. 

Providing we forget were 4-1 up and bring the game to them early like we did in the reverse fixture, we should have no problems winning this 3-1 with an overall score of 7-2. 

COYS

Hey Liam !!

Welcome back, really nice to see one of your posts again, keep them coming. Have a look in the 'Don't blame me' thread in Spurs news. I'd love to know how you view the Mourinho situation and his latest bleats to the media. I agree that we need to be thinking about Burnley because that simply has to be a win for us and end this slide. Hopefully grab a couple first half and then coast through the second. I reckon a 6-2 or 7-2  aggregate win.

Jose Mourinho has confirmed that Ben Davies will wear Tottenham Hotspur’s captain’s armband against Wolfsberger AC tonight

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/24/he-will-be-captain-mourinho-says-amazing-tottenham-player-will-wear-the-armband-tonight/

He would not have been my pick to lead the team I must admit. What are your thoughts on this ??

Nor mine.

He has been a bit of a favourite with JM which may be why he got it. Also, he has been picking different captains in cup matches. Perhaps he was top of the rota for today's game. 

I haven't seen a general on the pitch whoever he has chosen, so it doesn't really matter, really. It is just some to attend the toss up. 

COYS 

After watching our last few games, I have decided that I want us to win, even if it is the most boring, turgid performance.

We can get pretty after we have qualified for the CL and won the EL.  Until then, play boring and win.

There is (of course) one problem with this - if we play fast, attacking football, we lose ...... and if we play cautious, defensive football, we lose !!

The joys of being a Spurs supporter.

6 minutes ago, LiamCOYS said:

I like our line up tonight... good to see toby back in and vinny up top aswell. Hope dele can pull some strings this evening too... 

No bale either which could only mean hes saving him for burnley ? 

COYS

Summed up well really. 

It's good to have you back posting.

COYS 

Totally missed the start still got silicone gun in my hand and switched on and Winx just hit the the heavens with a shot, let's hope it's nice and easy and comfortable tonight good to see Dele on the ball and scoring,he's got a bit of a stronger defensive line-up but left Dierier instead of playing Rodon like I told him