Spurs Web
KCspurs

Do you think Jose will be sacked? If so, when?

Do you think Jose will be sacked? If so, when?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Jose will be sacked? If so, when?

• I don't believe he will be sacked. Jose will be our manager at the start of next season.
    • He will be sacked at the end of the season.
    • He will be sacked before the end of the season.
    • He will be sacked soon. The axe is already falling.
    • He's already been sacked. They introduce Borodin tomorrow!

13 hours ago, Borodin said:

Damn, just seen option 5, who squealed on me ?? :one:

Rumour has it you were top of the list, but now that your are settled in God's country, you had to turn him down! 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

Rumour has it you were top of the list, but now that your are settled in God's country, you had to turn him down! 

COYS 

It's true, I asked if I could work from home but Daniel said no.

Levy called sacking Poch the most difficult he had ever done.  Mourinho has steered this group to a worse run than Poch had us on.  So, for me the axe has to fall.  

The one caveat is where the heads of the (clearly) underperforming players are.  Who is still behind Jose and who would rather him go.  My guess is more want him gone but who really knows?

The West Ham result (given all the others) was for me the barometer that Levy would use and to all these sentimentals that claim he should be given the chance to lead us against City in the CC Final as if it was some monumental achievement I simply remind them to look at the fixture list that got us there.  Such a kind draw.

30 minutes ago, Alonso said:

to all these sentimentals that claim he should be given the chance to lead us against City in the CC Final as if it was some monumental achievement I simply remind them to look at the fixture list that got us there.  Such a kind draw.

I think you'll find that whilst many of us believe it to be the case that he will keep his position until April 25th there are very few who think he should. It is because of our lack of success over recent years that Mourinho still has some credit in the bank with Levy for getting us there (comfortable draw admittedly). If we sack Jose now and lose he will say he got us to the final and would have won it if still in charge. Keep him and lose then the exit door looms. The danger is if we win (highly ulikely I agree) and put Daniel in the unenviable position of sacking a manager who has finally brought a trophy to the club.

The biggest negative in all of this was delaying the date of the match until late April. I would love it to be end of this month and get the waiting over with so decisions can be made as we approach the latter end of the season with enough games left for a caretaker manager to try and get some spirit back into the squad.

30 minutes ago, Alonso said:

Levy called sacking Poch the most difficult he had ever done.  Mourinho has steered this group to a worse run than Poch had us on.  So, for me the axe has to fall.  

The one caveat is where the heads of the (clearly) underperforming players are.  Who is still behind Jose and who would rather him go.  My guess is more want him gone but who really knows?

The West Ham result (given all the others) was for me the barometer that Levy would use and to all these sentimentals that claim he should be given the chance to lead us against City in the CC Final as if it was some monumental achievement I simply remind them to look at the fixture list that got us there.  Such a kind draw.

One has to consider that when Jose first arrived we did enjoy a burst of good form, and the last time we were at the London Stadium we saw that. We were clearly better and looked rejuvinated. It illustrates in living color that the squad has not advanced but in fact has regressed since that time.

For all we know, Levy and Mourinho could be in total agreement about everything and they could agree that the players at the back aren't good enough and Levy will back him. But it cannot be argued that Mourinho has turned us around from where we were when Poch was shown the door.

13 minutes ago, KCspurs said:

One has to consider that when Jose first arrived we did enjoy a burst of good form, and the last time we were at the London Stadium we saw that. We were clearly better and looked rejuvinated. It illustrates in living color that the squad has not advanced but in fact has regressed since that time.

For all we know, Levy and Mourinho could be in total agreement about everything and they could agree that the players at the back aren't good enough and Levy will back him. But it cannot be argued that Mourinho has turned us around from where we were when Poch was shown the door.

Interesting stats :

_117109237_table1.jpg

Thanks for this information - it was pretty much as I thought.

We haven't moved forward. But the way the team has played in the EPL for the last few games (Which is a better guide than the 2 cups we are still in) we have certainly started to slide backwards. He's had his chance and it would appear he has blown it. 3 consecutive managerial positions and he has not lived up to his reputation of winning the top trophies. 

Bye Bye Jose - your chances of moving on to one of the top clubs is not looking too rosy at the moment.  That's my euphemism to say your days as a manager are almost certainly over.

Never mind, your pay offs for  3failures making you a rich man should ease the pain.

COYS

3 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Thanks for this information - it was pretty much as I thought.

We haven't moved forward. But the way the team has played in the EPL for the last few games (Which is a better guide than the 2 cups we are still in) we have certainly started to slide backwards. He's had his chance and it would appear he has blown it. 3 consecutive managerial positions and he has not lived up to his reputation of winning the top trophies. 

Bye Bye Jose - your chances of moving on to one of the top clubs is not looking too rosy at the moment.  That's my euphemism to say your days as a manager are almost certainly over.

Never mind, your pay offs for  3failures making you a rich man should ease the pain.

COYS

I was in the camp of holding out to see if he can win us a cup and get us near the top 5 but but him insisting on Keep Playing dier and Sanchez kind of put the kibosh on that for me. If you remember poch did the same he played  as well and that really wound me up I don't know how long it takes before they realise he's not a centre-back. And we all know my thoughts on how long it's taken Jose to realise that winks isn't a first team player. Audewerield and Rodon  should have started at the weekend maybe Fired Up the regular pairing we needed.

Also the failure to bring anyone a flair midfield player in the transfer window also gets me that Jose should have been kicking down doors for that.

Waste rubbish about his defensive Tactics and abilities has not shown at all has it none of the defenders have gone understanding with each other or talk to each other we've been punished way too many times on silly mistake specially from corners and set pieces when he should have been on the training ground busting his ass getting them ready for this.

I think I've answered the question yeah maybe we'll win the caripoo Cup but we need someone hopefully young ambitious you can kick all the players up the ass, offload deadwood and get us playing  attractive  football with a solid spine down the middle. 

Tbh I have said from day dot mr levy will not sack Jose ,,,,1 he nearly shot himself in the foot with the tactics,,,low block defend a lead ,,,didn’t work the centre backs are not dominate enough for that play ,,,the centre backs are not trusting of each other simple ,,,Jose change the tactics attack ,,,,we look so much better,,,,I know we are losing but we kin destroyed West Ham ,,,and we looked comfortable against city until a couple of bad errors,,,,I think mr levy will try to get 1 more centre back and a keeper that is dominate ,,,sissoko and winks are on the chopping block as is dier and toby 

Hopefully Jose will have evolved at this moment. Seeing Bale, Son, and Kane up top and how thoroughly they thrashed Burnley should be a revelation. There should be a monolith appearing in the middle of the pitch at the training ground, such should be the obvious point of Jose's evolution into playing attacking lineups. We will see if he can change with the game I suppose. It's obvious he doesn't have the defenders needed to play the style he's accustomed to.

I agree with your reasoning.

All I would add is that any half decent manager with the current squad should be able to play great attacking football and may well have had us in a better position to where JM has guided us. 

COYS