Spurs Web
Borodin

PL SPURS Vs Burnley Sunday 28th Feb 14:00 K.O.

With the euphoria of the mid week European win now just a pleasant memory it's back to the bread and butter matches. These guys are not going to lie down and will be a tough nut to crack. I'd like to see all the big guns on the pitch during the 90 minutes. Bale, Son and Kane together with Alli, Lamela, Moura,Vinicius lending a hand to beat this lot.

I cannot see them beating us but unless we stay on the front foot and press and press continuously then I can see them grinding out a draw and that is not what we need.

So I will go for a cautious 2-0 win based on the proviso we keep the pressure on otherwise 0-0 or 1-1.

I expect Mourinho to revert to type in this game.

Bale will probably start over Lamela and our midfield will probably be Sissoko, Hojbjerg and Ndombele. God knows what our back 4 will be, although it doesn't seem to make any difference to our defence.

JM hasn't really set up a pattern when selecting teams.

I believe there is the talent available for him to pick the right team to win. Based on the last few EPL games, I'm just not sure if the team will necessarily turn up and do the job. 

I am hoping that we get the win. That said, Burnley have a record of upsetting the odds and we have earned reputation in the last 6 EPL games we can't be relied onto win. I really have no idea what to predict so I shall let my heart choose and go for scraping a win. 

COYS 

Burnley have scored more than 1 goal only 4 times in the league this season. Only Sheffield have fewer goals. It would be nice to see Jose sending men forward early to try to get an early one and break their confidence before it can build, they'd have to be deflated to concede early on, knowing their ability to mount a comeback is nil.

10 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Jose has loads of weapons at his disposal,,,he must use the ones that are firing ,,,rest sonny ,and Kane ,,,let the others off the leash 

Can we at least have Son and Kane sitting on the bench ? If only to calm my nerves :8::16:

Considering who was rested mid week I would say we will see Lloris, Ndombele, Hojbjerg, Bale, Son, Moura and Kane. I would imagine Alli has also earned a place in the starting line up.

It saddens me to say that every game is a dread for me now I embarrassed this over the last 6 games they need to pick it up now realise that the difference of Us winning and losing is either pride or depression the next week.

Hammers one was the final blow it not replied quite well we should have scored 3 then we wouldn't have been scratching around trying to get an equaliser. I was even going to watch Soccer AM this morning because Frank Bruno's on there then I found out he's hammers fan which pissed me off:7:

As we've always said it I think Dele deserves a start here with BALE may be stepping in as a rotation with him now so we've got two flare players to work behind the front two. 

I really don't want to see dier or Sanchez near our defence unless we're desperate. 

Surely there was a reason we bought Doherty and Rodon, let's give them a chance to build up relationship with the back for and keep it solid.

Anyways I'm hoping for Sonny to come back to form smacking a few in Dele getting a tap in to boost his confidence even more.3-0 coyms 

I just hope to see Bale in the first 11. Result is not important anymore, EPL is closed for Spurs. We won't get even Europa League. 

The only hope is Carling Cup. 

I have a feeling that the match today will be a weather vane to the rest of our season. We have had an extremely poor league run but made it into the last 16 of the Europa League and know that we have an extremely good chance of getting to the last 8 following the draw. A good win today (and I mean 3-0 or above) would set us up nicely, confidence wise, for our next two matches against Fulham and Palace. Nine points from these three fixtures would put us on 45pts from 27 games. To get that into perspective West Ham currently lie in 4th spot with 45 pts from 26 games.

A run like that could therefore drastically affect our chances of getting into the fight for the top 6 and ultimately 4th which I believe is the only realistic chance we now have of a top four finish. So three wins and then a Europa tie first leg lead against Dinamo Zagreb to set us up nicely for the derby with Arsenal. :16:

The other side of the coin is a dour draw today, same against Fulham and getting turned over by Palace. Then not getting an away goal in Croatia and going into the Arsenal game feeling extremely negative and losing.

Hence my reference to today's match being pivotal for the outcome of the remainder of our season. So let's hope Jose and the lads have shaken off the memories of the past few weeks and are going into this one confident and positive. Early goal to settle the nerves and force them to be a bit more adventurous then put another two past them and going in at half time with a 3-0 lead. Sounds good to me.

16 hours ago, Mihai said:

I just hope to see Bale in the first 11. Result is not important anymore, EPL is closed for Spurs. We won't get even Europa League. 

The only hope is Carling Cup. 

You have to keep up my friend. The Carling Cup stopped in 2012/12. :two:

2012/13 to 2015/16 Capitol One Cup

2016/17 No Sponsor so just EFL Cup

2017/18 to present day Carabao Cup

Great to see Bale starting in our PL team sheet, deserves this start and hope he can act on this opportunity and make it count.

Mouras played well over the weeks to keep his spot in the side :16:JM seems to see something in Sanchez that I think we fail to see but hopefully he can come good 'again'? 

If all goes well today, would be great to see Dele get some minutes aswell...Strong side and very realistically we could score 3 today... Calling a 3-1,

COYS

Also nice to see Aurier in the side, I like Doherty and hes made some good passes that led to goals in the last couple games, but I feel he always looks tired during games and hasn't quite recovered as a player since he was out with Covid... imo, I do prefer Serge but please no mistakes today ! 

COYS