Spurs Web
Craig Truespur

Have We got Our Dele back?nice sonny reaction

So the biggest positive last night was getting Dele back to what we know and love hopefully he can keep this up, I think he's learnt over the last season that he needs to get his head down work hard take his personality into his play, let's hope he concentrates on his training and work right other than Instagram and mouthing off about how many other teams want him. I'm hoping Jose does this the players holds the share up and says to you realise how lucky you are to wear this shirt and to be paid to play The most Beautiful game.

He deserves to start against Burnley hopefully will be pulling the strings behind the front two. 

If jose drops him that just throws out confusing messages and I don't blame dele for throwing his toys out the pram a little. Him and BALE the perfect swap at the moment the creativity that we're missing hopefully we'll get lo celso back soon as well and start creating more on attack have wing play and create in midfield we are deadly.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/25/im-crying-tottenham-fans-react-to-what-son-did-just-after-dele-scored-yesterday/

The challenge is the Bale is also doing much better.  Son and Kane even if not on form (as Son is now) are automatically chosen.   Does Dele really deserve a start after one good performance?  More time, absolutely, but you can’t fit both with Lamela and Moura also to factor in.  One thing for sure is both Bale and Dele should be in front of Stevie B at the moment.  

I suppose it’s a good “problem” to have if selection is difficult for Mouronho.  On the other hand somebody (as well as some fans) are going to disagree with the decisions h makes.  

In Wednesday's game they did really well and was praised by JM so why not start with them? 

As you all know my football knowledge is limited and all theory listening to the pundits. That said, for what it is worth, I think we should start with them as Burnley aren't the easiest team to score against. In 24 games they have kept 11 clean sheets including 1 against us. And in 7 games only conceded 1goal.

What has JM got to lose? When starting without them in the last 6 EPL games they have lost 5.

COYS 

Dele did show promising signs of becoming his old self against wolfsberger but we must not get ahead of ourselves... I can appreciate the occasional good appearance from Dele now where hes able to shine against lesser teams(which makes sense), but for me, he is still far from making the PL return we all would love to see. He was almost good as gone late last year with the majority of the forum and fan base happy to cut ties with him.  So, to pick him even over Lamela or Moura atm considering there recent rise in form would be slightly unfair. 

I think if we are to commit ourselves to a "player project" for the remainder of this year, then id chose Bale, even ahead of stevey atm. Clearly brings an exciting pace to our football and is capable of creating clear cut chances, its just his endurance now, which will slowly fade with age. I think Stevey will come good eventually, just needs a massive boot up the arse. 

These are just my views on Alli, but I honestly hope he can prove me wrong and make his way back to being a valued 1st team player.

COYS

I think Dele or Lo Celso should be chosen most of the time and it should come at the expense of Lamela and Moura's minutes. They are higher in class and should be getting the touches.

26 minutes ago, KCspurs said:

I think Dele or Lo Celso should be chosen most of the time and it should come at the expense of Lamela and Moura's minutes. They are higher in class and should be getting the touches.

I will agree about Lo Celso being higher in class but respectfully disagree over Alli. I think Lamela and Moura are just as influential on the pitch, sometimes even more when you need some attacking pace to liven things up.