Jump to content
Spurs Web
Borodin

Is Bale Back Or Just Being Crafty ?

Recommended Posts

Great to see Bale in action last match and showing signs of returning to full fitness and performances levels. There is however a school of thought that he is now simply turning it on in order to ensure his future next season lies again with Spurs.

There's no doubt Real would love to see him finish his contract away on loan but the guy is a massive burden on Jose's wage budget and the decision to continue to pay that for another year is a huge one that cannot be taken lightly.

Personally I think Gareth has naturally taken a long while to get himself up to premiership standards after two years in Spain doing very,very little. I am sincerely hoping that he is planning on playing to his full potential for us next season and that is when we will reap the rewards of taking him on loan.

So I dismiss the conspiracy theory that he's "working his ticket" and remain convinced that his loyalty to the club is genuine and that the supporters will be duly pleased when they return to the terraces and watch him in action season 21/22

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gareth-bale-real-madrid-transfer-23595565

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Borodin said:

Great to see Bale in action last match and showing signs of returning to full fitness and performances levels. There is however a school of thought that he is now simply turning it on in order to ensure his future next season lies again with Spurs.

There's no doubt Real would love to see him finish his contract away on loan but the guy is a massive burden on Jose's wage budget and the decision to continue to pay that for another year is a huge one that cannot be taken lightly.

Personally I think Gareth has naturally taken a long while to get himself up to premiership standards after two years in Spain doing very,very little. I am sincerely hoping that he is planning on playing to his full potential for us next season and that is when we will reap the rewards of taking him on loan.

So I dismiss the conspiracy theory that he's "working his ticket" and remain convinced that his loyalty to the club is genuine and that the supporters will be duly pleased when they return to the terraces and watch him in action season 21/22

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gareth-bale-real-madrid-transfer-23595565

It is a load of rubbish, if you ask me.

JM would have to be on it to deliberately deny him game time. Not only that, it would be implying Gareth is a little shit not caring about Spurs. His first love is THFC even above Southampton who he also loves. 

He was badly treated at RM and responded as any of us would. That led to making enemies ow spreading unfavourable rumours about him. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2021 at 8:31 PM, Jamesinashby said:

 His first love is THFC even above Southampton who he also loves.

Undoubtedly this picture shows Gareth's first love...Spurs a very close second :16:

1836300233_BaleandMoney_001.jpg.a323c37292a5e263c8c1bb145aa530f0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was having serious doubts about bale but last two games he has looked much better and tbh against palace it thought he was excellent. 
I hope he can stay injury free for the run in and more importantly Jose sticks with that front 4 of Son, Moura, Bale and Kane. 
absolutely no point not keeping them together now. I still think top 4 is outside bet but if those 4 are fit and ‘on it’ we might have 40% chance in Carling cup and also carry on in the europa.
We just need win something or Kane will be off I reckon. I’d love to see that front 4 play like that until end of season and also against tougher opponents!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dazza1976 said:

I was having serious doubts about bale but last two games he has looked much better and tbh against palace it thought he was excellent. 
I hope he can stay injury free for the run in and more importantly Jose sticks with that front 4 of Son, Moura, Bale and Kane. 
absolutely no point not keeping them together now. I still think top 4 is outside bet but if those 4 are fit and ‘on it’ we might have 40% chance in Carling cup and also carry on in the europa.
We just need win something or Kane will be off I reckon. I’d love to see that front 4 play like that until end of season and also against tougher opponents!

Good post and I agree, it looks like Bale is shutting up the critics and finding his form and fitness. Let's hope he stays injury free and able to be part of the Fantastic Four until the end of the season :16:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once any player has deservedly built a reputation as being world class, it is inevitable something wil be written about them. Bale is one of these, and the latest I have read is, that with the Euros coming up in a couple of months, he my not want to risk injury by pushing himself too hard. Also, that may be in Mourhino's mind thus reducing the number of games Bale will get.

I feel the first part is a slur on Bale, is unfair and unwarranted. I strongly believe that Gareth loves our club and would never deliberately put himself before the club. 

That said, I have been puzzled that Mourhino has made so little  use of him. It wouldn't surprise me for JM to add that to his list of reasons for not playing him. 

Of course, I am more than a little biased with my views of JM so I will reluctantly accept I maybe wrong. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

 I strongly believe that Gareth loves our club and would never deliberately put himself before the club. 

 

I agree with that statement but I would also say that Bale's priorities as a player are now definitely Wales first and Tottenham second. He has achieved untold success at club level and to take Wales into the final stages of a major European competition would be the 'icing on the cake' as far as his career is concerned. I am 100% certain that if he was selected for a match just before an important Welsh fixture you would not see a fully committed Gareth Bale on the pitch.

54tynr.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once the Carabao cup final is out of the way then you could maybe say similar about some of our other international stars. With the Euros coming up will some of our players put a full shift in if an injury/strain might jeopardise their international selection chances? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlockFeet said:

Once the Carabao cup final is out of the way then you could maybe say similar about some of our other international stars. With the Euros coming up will some of our players put a full shift in if an injury/strain might jeopardise their international selection chances? 

The point I was making is that unlike any of our other players Bale regards his club career as completed and a success (which looking at his list of titles and trophies would be hard to argue with). He now simply uses the club as a training facility for his Welsh ambitions and would do nothing to jeopardise them. The majority of our current squad have no experience of success at club level and rely on regular good weekly league performances to keep them in the hunt for selection at International level. (Harry Kane being an obvious exception). Gareth is a 100% certainty to play for Wales provided he is fit and healthy and he will do whatever it takes to ensure he stays that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Borodin said:

The point I was making is that unlike any of our other players Bale regards his club career as completed and a success (which looking at his list of titles and trophies would be hard to argue with). He now simply uses the club as a training facility for his Welsh ambitions and would do nothing to jeopardise them. The majority of our current squad have no experience of success at club level and rely on regular good weekly league performances to keep them in the hunt for selection at International level. (Harry Kane being an obvious exception). Gareth is a 100% certainty to play for Wales provided he is fit and healthy and he will do whatever it takes to ensure he stays that way.

I can't argue with your reasons as they are more than feasible. However, they can also be interpreted as Bale is only using Spurs to further his ambitions. 

I think there is  the possibility, if push comes to shove, Bale just might holdback. The difference between us is that for the moment I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I think he will give his best if he is picked. 

COYS 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I can't argue with your reasons as they are more than feasible. However, they can also be interpreted as Bale is only using Spurs to further his ambitions. 

I think there is  the possibility, if push comes to shove, Bale just might holdback. The difference between us is that for the moment I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I think he will give his best if he is picked. 

COYS 

 

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make. He is using the club to further his ambitions but his dreams are solely relative to International level and not club level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Borodin said:

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make. He is using the club to further his ambitions but his dreams are solely relative to International level and not club level.

If you are right, then that throws some light on why Mourhino hasn't bothered to pick him. It also makes a lie of him saying he loves Spurs and wants to his best for the club on the field. 

It also means to me that he shouldn't be picked again, and has shot himself in the foot for simply using Spurs for his own ends and doesn't care about the club to the extent he claims . 

I think Harry is as patriotic for England, but I think he would never let the club down in the game(s) prior to playing for England. Equally, I don't see him letting England down on International duty. He seems to give his all for both, which is how I feel all international players should play. 

As a Spurs fan, I only want players who play for the shirt. 

Just my view. 

COYS 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×