Spurs Web
Borodin

PL SPURS Vs Crystal Palace Sun 7th March 19:15 K.O.

A polished performance that was pleasing to the eye for so many reasons. Firstly was the attitude of the team compared to a few weeks ago. Leading one nil with a minute to go before half time and we concede an equaliser. Start of second half the opposition bring on their star striker to add even more pressure. Not so long ago we would have withdrawn into our shell and probably let in a second goal and ended up chasing the game. Not any more. They came out flying and hit them with another goal before they could draw breath.

Second great thing to see was Harry's first goal. Not only was it a beautiful strike it was also one that would only be taken by a player who was brimming over with confidence and had total belief in himself. He's in the form of his life and obviously loves the company he now has around him in Bale, Son and Moura. Long may it continue.

Hojbjerg was a colossus yet again and time after time he broke down their attacks. An unsung hero that in my opinion should be wearing the Captain's armband. Lucas Moura ran himself into the ground tonight, creating space and chances galore. That's why I wanted him starting instead of Alli who just doesn't provide the pace required to sustain our attacks and high pressing.

My only reservations were concerning Winks and Sanchez. Harry gave away a stupid and needless free kick a minute or two before they equalised and seemed to care little about the fact he'd gifted them a golden opportunity. Teams like Palace live off set pieces so the last thing you do is bring oneof them down for no reason. He just doesn't make the grade for me and needs to be moved on. Sanchez always has me holding my breath until he's made his usual massive error and managed to get away with it. There's rarely a match when he doesn't mess up big style at least once.

Apart from those two I thought everyone gave a good account of themselves and deserved nothing but praise from the manager. Great game, great result and another four goals :16:

14 minutes ago, Borodin said:

A polished performance that was pleasing to the eye for so many reasons. Firstly was the attitude of the team compared to a few weeks ago. Leading one nil with a minute to go before half time and we concede an equaliser. Start of second half the opposition bring on their star striker to add even more pressure. Not so long ago we would have withdrawn into our shell and probably let in a second goal and ended up chasing the game. Not any more. They came out flying and hit them with another goal before they could draw breath.

Second great thing to see was Harry's first goal. Not only was it a beautiful strike it was also one that would only be taken by a player who was brimming over with confidence and had total belief in himself. He's in the form of his life and obviously loves the company he now has around him in Bale, Son and Moura. Long may it continue.

Hojbjerg was a colossus yet again and time after time he broke down their attacks. An unsung hero that in my opinion should be wearing the Captain's armband. Lucas Moura ran himself into the ground tonight, creating space and chances galore. That's why I wanted him starting instead of Alli who just doesn't provide the pace required to sustain our attacks and high pressing.

My only reservations were concerning Winks and Sanchez. Harry gave away a stupid and needless free kick a minute or two before they equalised and seemed to care little about the fact he'd gifted them a golden opportunity. Teams like Palace live off set pieces so the last thing you do is bring oneof them down for no reason. He just doesn't make the grade for me and needs to be moved on. Sanchez always has me holding my breath until he's made his usual massive error and managed to get away with it. There's rarely a match when he doesn't mess up big style at least once.

Apart from those two I thought everyone gave a good account of themselves and deserved nothing but praise from the manager. Great game, great result and another four goals :16:

Agree with most of it but Sanchez for me has been very good in the last three matches.  Still room to improve of course but already the potential is showing.  

28 minutes ago, Alonso said:

Agree with most of it but Sanchez for me has been very good in the last three matches.  Still room to improve of course but already the potential is showing.  

I agree that his overall performances are fine but he just has this Achilles Heel that at least once in a match he will make a mistake that could have devastating consequences. If he can eradicate that then I'll stay a lot calmer during a game and he'll be a much better player :6:

Meanwhile, for those of you who want to see the goals again (and again) here's a You Tube video link :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3wUSIZsZgs

Classic quote from Jose after the game : "We have scored 100 goals already this season, not bad for a defensive team"

2 hours ago, SCIFIN17YID said:

Sunday 14th March

we will play the scum, predict your predictions, we smash them !

I predict a gratifying 2-0 victory

2 hours ago, KCspurs said:

I predict a gratifying 2-0 victory

I have already posted up the match thread for this game so feel free to post your views and predictions in there please.

It proves once again the moron manager doesn't understand anything about his team. We have great attacking players, this is our strength, not the boring defensive football that he always has in his mind. The manager should be able to adapt to the type of the players. 

Bale is world class talent, even he can't run anymore. Kane - Son - Bale partnership is brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Mihai said:

It proves once again the moron manager doesn't understand anything about his team. We have great attacking players, this is our strength, not the boring defensive football that he always has in his mind. The manager should be able to adapt to the type of the players. 

Bale is world class talent, even he can't run anymore. Kane - Son - Bale partnership is brilliant. 

That defensive football which you refer to has brought about 100 goals already this season...we are only the second side in Europe to reach such a milestone. So he can't be that much of a moron surely ??

Gonna rant about Roy Keane ,,,pundit hmmm,,,not giving reggie the credit he deserves,,,micha Richards reminds him about reggie,,,he says he went on loan yes to Seville and won the europa league crown hmmm ,,kin gold fish ,,,ohhh ohhh Harry Kane went out on loan hmmm not bad really ,,,the bloke wouldn’t get in the spurs side ,,he was blessed with good football players e was a donkey bully who would be a liability now cos he would get sent off ,,,he was never anything but a work horse ,,,with limited ability 

12 hours ago, Borodin said:

That defensive football which you refer to has brought about 100 goals already this season...we are only the second side in Europe to reach such a milestone. So he can't be that much of a moron surely ??

The moron is far away from having a decent season, I hope finishing 7th will not be considered a great performance by you. Let's not rush to forget what's happened this season. 

26 minutes ago, Mihai said:

The moron is far away from having a decent season, I hope finishing 7th will not be considered a great performance by you. Let's not rush to forget what's happened this season. 

I agree...and let's not rush to assume where we will finish in the league either. Still some way to go yet....:16: