Spurs Web
Borodin

EPL SPURS Vs Dinamo Zagreb Thurs 11th March 20:00 k.o.

Shame that we have to have the home leg first but maybe not a bad thing coming straight after the Palace result. Obviously I expect Jose to make some changes in order to rest our big guns for the derby at the weekend but I don't foresee too many problems in this fixture. Provided we have sufficient firepower sitting on the bench (just in case) then I'll be happy if we can get a couple of goals but more importantly keep a clean sheet.

I'll settle for a comfortable 2-0 and no injuries :21:

In the Football Banter section there is a thread I made called Non Spurs matches to watch. One such game was last night when I sat through Juventus vs Porto. I have given a match report in that thread so won't go into too much detail.

One glaringly obvious fact of those two matches was just how vital an away goal can be, especially when your team is away for the second leg. At one point it was 3-3 on aggregate and one away goal each. Then Porto scored a second away goal. This meant Juventus had to score two goals to take it to penalties. They only managed the one.

Let's hope we stop them scoring tomorrow because away goals are worth their weight in gold. I'll gladly settle for a narrow win, a clean sheet and the prospect of going there and nicking an early away goal to put the result out of their reach. :16:

1 hour ago, KCspurs said:

Anyone know anything about this team?

They top their league and have won their last 5 matches. Played 23 Won 17 Drawn 3 Lost 3. Whilst the league is poor in comparison to ours they cannot be underestimated. We don't need to go full force probably, but we have to take them seriously. Their goalkeeper is excellent and well worth a look at if we are considering a new one :16:.

They are no donkeys,,,let’s put it like this they would be on par with Glasgow Rangers ,,a team that if you are not on your game str away will be all over us like a rash ,,,we brought luka modric of them ,,,

8 hours ago, Borodin said:

In the Football Banter section there is a thread I made called Non Spurs matches to watch. One such game was last night when I sat through Juventus vs Porto. I have given a match report in that thread so won't go into too much detail.

That game last night was one of the best I have seen in a long while.  Full credit to Porto.

I love to see Juventus lose, even though they have a statue of John Charles outside their stadium. That Agnelli is trying to fix the CL so it's only the usual teams in it every year. No need for the likes of Juventus to qualify then! 

11 hours ago, KCspurs said:

Anyone know anything about this team?

Everything is possible. Dinamo is the underdog and has nothing to lose. If they lose it’s no shame, if they win its a sensation.

If we underestimate them, they will kick us out of the tournament. If we draw at home, we will probably lose away. 

Dinamo wins every year the championship and is famous for a good academy work. The league is also good to develop and Dinamo a stepping stone for many young and talented croats.

But the new board was criticized, because in recent times they have started scouting foreign players to cash in on them. Best example Olmo who signed for Leipzig last year. Maybe a change in their concept, cause the former chairman was known for money laundry with young croatian talents. Especially in Spain and Italy. But that changed, now Mamic (former chairman) has been arrested. 

But because of the services of foreign players, homegrown talents like Lovro Majer (Modric 2.0) was undeserved warming the bench for over 2 years, who was the best upcoming talent in 2018. He is the same player type like Luka and tbh I wish him all the best. May he score and deliver goals to qualify for the national team. 

Another great talent who already caught attention is Gvardiol. If its true, Leeds wanted him for 20 million. But it seems Leipzig is also interested and is leading the race. Great prospect. CB and left footed. So, it may not surprise you, but Im strongly recommend him in many posts and I also mentioned him in my letter for Mourinho. But I doubt he read it, cause I heard we are after Milenkovic. I won’t say he is rubbish, but IMO we need to close the gap with the missing link and that is a left footed CB. 

Is it really that simple? For gods sake. Yes, it is! We are swimming defensivly. The Ajax boys are used to play right and Ben’s averageness comes out more clearly, since Verts has gone. 

35 minutes ago, Spurfect said:

Everything is possible. Dinamo is the underdog and has nothing to lose. If they lose it’s no shame, if they win its a sensation.

If we underestimate them, they will kick us out of the tournament. If we draw at home, we will probably lose away. 

Dinamo wins every year the championship and is famous for a good academy work. The league is also good to develop and Dinamo a stepping stone for many young and talented croats.

But the new board was criticized, because in recent times they have started scouting foreign players to cash in on them. Best example Olmo who signed for Leipzig last year. Maybe a change in their concept, cause the former chairman was known for money laundry with young croatian talents. Especially in Spain and Italy. But that changed, now Mamic (former chairman) has been arrested. 

But because of the services of foreign players, homegrown talents like Lovro Majer (Modric 2.0) was undeserved warming the bench for over 2 years, who was the best upcoming talent in 2018. He is the same player type like Luka and tbh I wish him all the best. May he score and deliver goals to qualify for the national team. 

Another great talent who already caught attention is Gvardiol. If its true, Leeds wanted him for 20 million. But it seems Leipzig is also interested and is leading the race. Great prospect. CB and left footed. So, it may not surprise you, but Im strongly recommend him in many posts and I also mentioned him in my letter for Mourinho. But I doubt he read it, cause I heard we are after Milenkovic. I won’t say he is rubbish, but IMO we need to close the gap with the missing link and that is a left footed CB. 

Is it really that simple? For gods sake. Yes, it is! We are swimming defensivly. The Ajax boys are used to play right and Ben’s averageness comes out more clearly, since Verts has gone. 

Great feedback information..thanks.

They have a 21 year old midfield player called Robbie Burton playing for them who was signed from Arsenal and vowed to the press that no matter what happened in the future he would never consider signing for Spurs. If he is selected to play I hope we make him bitterly regret making that statement so early in his career.

13 hours ago, KCspurs said:

I'm sure they are no slouches if they have made it this far in Europa, I just hope we can win by more than a goal and keep them off the score sheet to prevent any thrills in the second leg.

I love your euphemism 'thrills' - in my case I use a severe case of nervousness bordering on blind panic. That's the problem with being 81, my courage  supported by nerves of steel has got up and gone!! 

JM must be well aware that, the way our EPL season has panned out, this competition is the more like likely best chance for qualifying for the CL. He will also be well aware that conceding a home goal can be costly. 

I think we will see a strong starting eleven, but also a defence minded game plan. A 2 - 0 win should settle my nerves nicely. 

COYS 

24 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

A 2 - 0 win should settle my nerves nicely.

Here's an interesting statistic to help with those nerves James :

Dinamo Zagreb have lost nine of their last 10 matches against English sides in European competition, winning the other game 2-1 against Arsenal (:7:)  in the Champions League group stages in 2015.

:16::20:

37 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Here's an interesting statistic to help with those nerves James :

Dinamo Zagreb have lost nine of their last 10 matches against English sides in European competition, winning the other game 2-1 against Arsenal (:7:)  in the Champions League group stages in 2015.

:16::20:

Thanks for the comforting news and giving me a giggle over Woolwich. 

Just a thought.

If every thing goes pear shape and I have a nervous breakdown, can I send my ex SAS pal around to inflict a painful injury to your person. I think goolies and a pair of nut crushers came into a previous conversation I had with him!! 

COYS 

Talking of goolies my mate said that Meghan Markle should never have worn the earrings that caused so much controversy. She should have worn the ones she's had made from Harry's bo***cks. :4:

14 hours ago, Spurfect said:

They also have the lad who played at Arsenal for 14 years and went there for £800 thousand last year ,,,he plays in midfield 

6 hours ago, Borodin said:

They have a 21 year old midfield player called Robbie Burton playing for them who was signed from Arsenal and vowed to the press that no matter what happened in the future he would never consider signing for Spurs. If he is selected to play I hope we make him bitterly regret making that statement so early in his career.

I hope for him, they never face Partizan in a match. The ultras from Belgrade and the bad blue boys from Zagreb hate each other to death. Partizan hooligans are one of the worst in the world. They „fuck“ their opponents and that not literally, they do as they say. Honestly they raped opposite supporters. They are mad! Burton will shit himself and cry for his mommy and beg the club to let him back on the Island!:g13:

1 minute ago, Craig Truespur said:

I needed cheering up today and then he puts the centre pairing of Sanchez and dier together:12:

I could have written that statement. The CBs that too often are the ones who are at fault when we have conceded. I would have thought that keeping a clean sheet was a top priority. 

I think JM thinks we will score  a few so can risk conceding one. 

COYS 

Just now, Jamesinashby said:

I could have written that statement. The CBs that too often are the ones who are at fault when we have conceded. I would have thought that keeping a clean sheet was a top priority. 

I think JM thinks we will score  a few so can risk conceding one. 

COYS 

Just don't get why resting alderwiereld I know he has some grey hairs but he's not that old