Spurs Web
Borodin

PL Arsenal Vs SPURS Sunday 14th March 16:30 k.o.

Yes I fully realise we don't play these bastards untl a week today but I wanted to post the match thread up early so everyone has a chance to give their opinions and predictions for this fixture.

If you had asked me a couple of weeks ago I'd have been happy to scrape a draw against them but not any more. I see very little to worry about and if Arteta watched us play Palace then I would imagine he is passing bricks. There is simply no way that David Luiz and his motley crew can handle the attacking onslaught that Bale, Kane , Son and Moura will provide. I am going to back up my prediction that Luiz will give away a penalty in this game by placing a sizeable bet to that effect during the week ahead. With any luck he will earn himself a red card as well.

Aubameyang may manage to slip one past Hugo but it will pale into insignificance compared to the ones our strikers are banging in against Leno or whoever they decide to play as keeper.

I'll have us to take this 3-1 

I like Clubber Lang's prediction above, but I posted up in the other thread that I think we will sail to a satisfying 2-0 win. We are peaking right now and firing on all cylinders; I am sure they are not excited to be playing us at this time. Arse weren't good in February and have just drawn to Burnley and looked bad doing it. We have the benefit of playing at home on Thursday; Woolwich will be traveling to Olympiacos and back before they see us. All of this adding up to 2-0 Spurs, dominating throughout, 50/50 on Luiz getting sent off

Massive match ,,I think we will have to much fire power for there defence,,we know from the Burnley match that they will take chances playing out from the back ,,,so we have to defend from the front .1-4 spurs 

If current form is anything to go by then a look at the league table tonight will show you that Spurs are the only team to have won their last three matches. Let's hope we've had our slump and we can maintain this level of performance until the end of the season.

We need to put early pressure on luiz,if he plays ,,,he is not so good under pressure,,,am sure Lucas Moura is the man to nick the ball off him ,when they are trying to play out from the back ,he closes down very well 

I have no idea how this will pan out.

It is definitely going to help us to be playing at home whilst The Arse will have to travel back from Turkey - if they lose over there it will also help our cause (provided we win on Thursday).

I think I will wait until Friday before I make my prediction.

This season, both teams can be like the Curate's egg - either good or bad. Add to that it's a Derby game of the utmost importance to both clubs. 

Like Crom, I have no idea what the outcome will be, but I have a sneaky feeling we will come out on top as I think our striking force are now taking their chances, whereas Woolwich are missing a lot of late - it might even be by 2 or more goals if we score first. 

COYS 

38 minutes ago, Jay Kane said:

Huge game,difficult to call,while a win would be fantastic as I’ve said many times before a draw would be ok,I’m going for a hard fought 1-1 draw,coys!!!!

I just have this feeling we are going to over run them and get a hatfull. I just cannot see their defence coping with our Fantastic Four if Jose starts them (Bale, Kane, Son and Moura).

I reckon I shall be watching this match with a glass of red and AFTV Watchalong playing on my mobile phone so I can watch and listen to that weird bunch of dickheads shout and moan about their team as Spurs pound them into submission.

Fingers crossed that's how it turns out :21:

Our squad is awesome,,,the fantastic 4 could also be four others my mate I believe in our firepower,,,Jose has so many options on the pitch aswell as our bench which is full off gold 

Dont care what happens in the world...

covid 19 does one and we all drink the pubs dry and get pissed for a month

piers morgan does a reverse and starts banging Meghan

The queen turns out to be transgender

Ant really is Dec

Elton john really aint gay

dont care this is more important.DONT LOSE TO THESE WOOLWICH TOSSERS

My team selection would be :

Lloris, Aurier,Sanchez,Toby,Reguilon,Hojbjerg,Ndombele,Bale, Lucas ,Son, Kane  :16:

I loved Jose's quote regarding this game :

Jose Mourinho on the North London power battle: "I look up, I don't look down. If Arsenal was seven points ahead of us, I would look to them. But because we have seven points more than them, I don't look down."

Paul Merson: "I think Arsenal are favourites against them this weekend. I really do. If both teams play to the best of their ability I think Arsenal win the game. “I think their passing and movement is better. Spurs rely too much on Harry Kane and Son, and lately Gareth Bale.”

:7: This from the guy who said that Harry Kane would struggle to score goals under Mourinho's management.

After Everton losing today a look at the league table will tell you that if Man Utd beat West Ham tomorrow and we beat Arsenal then we shall end this wekend in 5th spot on 48pts. :16:

Chelsea are in 4th on 51pts but have played one game more. There is very little between us now and that all important fourth position.

The fat lady ain't singing yet lads :yid3:

1 game at time, we need Bale to continue his upturn in fitness and form along with Kane, Son and Moura. 

if JM goes for it with the front four I think we can and will win. If he’s negative in any way Arsenal will win and torpedo our comeback. 

this is a must win for top 4 chances. 

come on Gareth, prove me and all the other doubters wrong and you are truly back. 

spurs 3 - 2 gooners 

31 minutes ago, Dazza1976 said:

1 game at time, we need Bale to continue his upturn in fitness and form along with Kane, Son and Moura. 

if JM goes for it with the front four I think we can and will win. If he’s negative in any way Arsenal will win and torpedo our comeback. 

this is a must win for top 4 chances. 

come on Gareth, prove me and all the other doubters wrong and you are truly back. 

spurs 3 - 2 gooners 

Jose hates Arsenal as much as anybody. He still remembers the Wenger days and would love to turn them over. I've no doubt we will come out all guns blazing. I'm still going for a 3-1 win.

Results went for us again yesterday - Chelsea, Villa and Everton dropping points was perhaps more than we could have wished for. Draws between the top 7 or 8 are always the best results for us, as it means two teams each drop 2 points rather than one team losing 3 points. 

All we have to do now is take advantage and BEAT THE ARSE !

I can't really explain how important this Derby is for me especially as my ex scumbag company are gooners. Also my poor mums back in hospital again after a fall so I'll be going up there for Mother's Day literally on the last whistle, so they have to do it for her and my late father who left me or white feather on my car today so that's surely is a good omen for us.

Plus you can't make up my life at the moment I've got to go to the dentist tomorrow because my tooth cracked Open last week, so it would be nice to go there tomorrow with a skip in my step rather than my head down very grumpy.

This is the chance for Bale to shine today he should be well up for this and I think players like Lamella come on to really wind them up because I hate it when we get aggressive against them, it would also be good to see dele shine against them another overhead kick into the gooners net would be marvellous. I think Harry's movement is important today and sonny working as a 3 at the top lots of movement lots of wing play please get those balls in the box.

I go for us to win 3-0 but hopefully that's just the first half go on and double it by the second:7:coyms

2 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

I can't really explain how important this Derby is for me especially as my ex scumbag company are gooners. Also my poor mums back in hospital again after a fall so I'll be going up there for Mother's Day literally on the last whistle, so they have to do it for her and my late father who left me or white feather on my car today so that's surely is a good omen for us.

Plus you can't make up my life at the moment I've got to go to the dentist tomorrow because my tooth cracked Open last week, so it would be nice to go there tomorrow with a skip in my step rather than my head down very grumpy.

This is the chance for Bale to shine today he should be well up for this and I think players like Lamella come on to really wind them up because I hate it when we get aggressive against them, it would also be good to see dele shine against them another overhead kick into the gooners net would be marvellous. I think Harry's movement is important today and sonny working as a 3 at the top lots of movement lots of wing play please get those balls in the box.

I go for us to win 3-0 but hopefully that's just the first half go on and double it by the second:7:coyms

I hope your mum's fall isn't too serious. 

If we start with the magic four of Kane, Son, Bale and Moira, and let them run riot, it should provide us with a happy, non nervous afternoon. Because of our last 5 games, I haven't got butterflies in my stomach for once - I'm actually lmpatiently waiting for the game to start. 

COYS