Spurs Web
Borodin

PL Arsenal Vs SPURS Sunday 14th March 16:30 k.o.

The scoreline is no more than we deserved. Brilliant opening goal but totally against the play. David Luiz was given absolutely nothing to do the whole game. Bale posed about as much a threat as a dead sheep and the whole team lacked inspiration, confidence and positivity. Their equaliser was always on the cards and as I've said before in here, every game Sanchez has a dodgy moment.  For me initially it was a definite penalty, didn't matter where the ball was it constituted a reckless and dangerous challenge which is a foul. Upon reflection I am beginning to change my mind.

Then Lamela gives away a needless second yellow and hands them the game.I could write reams but suffice it to say that all I feel at the moment is sick to the stomach after watching a Spurs performance that defies logic.

6 minutes ago, Alonso said:

We got what we deserved.

but VAR and Oliver blew the penalty. 

Hoddle, Owen and even Wright say no penalty.

I have just watched the incident over and over again and I'm inclined to agree with you and change my initial thoughts . Not a penalty but nevertheless a stupid and reckless challenge that invited Oliver the opportunity to blow his whistle, which he did.

2 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I have just watched the incident over and over again and I'm inclined to agree with you and change my initial thoughts . Not a penalty but nevertheless a stupid and reckless challenge that invited Oliver the opportunity to blow his whistle, which he did.

I get Oliver making the call from his angle but 2 other angles make it a clear and obvious that it was an error.  I cannot understand what VAR is for if it can’t reverse that one.  It’s shocking 

1 minute ago, Borodin said:

Well he was going to block the shot right with a last ditch lunge right?  So not a complete Aurier-esque howler of a penalty and maybe not even a pen.

25 minutes ago, Tonite said:

As we said get at them , and they get rattled, we showed them too much respect 

More like we were too frightened to press and rattle them.

In the last 3 games we played with confidence, today there was none of that. 

If we sit back and let them play the game in our half, it is inviting disaster. That's what we did during our bad runs, yet we haven't learned from it. 

We need to keep them in there half and not let them waltz out and play in ours.we need to press more. For Kane to only have 2 touches in their half and none in the box in the first half speaks volumes. 

We have a strong attacking side. If we don't use it to keep the opponents penned in their half, we deserve all we get. 

I am so fed up right now as a win today should have been well within our grasp. 

COYS 

I'm feeling pig sick. 

I honestly felt that after tonight's game I was going to have to eat humble pie and admit to Borodin being right in picking me up for being too negative and not having faith. 

We are not yet out of it, but we are still in a position that our rivals need to lose for us to catch them. It could have been so different if we had won as other results went our way - we didn't pull points back. 

I'm finished on here for tonight. I am going to watch Allo, Allo for a couple of hours to try and cheer myself up

If I wake up tomorrow having had yet another long  Covid relapse I shall sue JM and the players for unnecessarily putting my heart under pressure. 

COYS 

34 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

What did I say Sanchez a liability

Has nothing to do with Sanchez when the ref is bribed. Even the commentators said, Oliver is wrong on this. The funny thing is, if the ball had gone on target, Sanchez would have blocked the shot! 

Lamelas red is also doubtful, cause he didn’t hit Thierny intentionally. And if its a red, Xhaka must have left the pitch too. Cause the tackle on Dorothy was clearly a foul, weather he touched the ball or not. But he wasn’t given a card. In general, Arsenal hasn't  been charged as much as we were. And what about Cedrics handball?

IMO the ref was biased. Nevertheless we haven’t shown much. Its hard to play one man down but playing with 9 is more difficult. Alli was not existental. But same for Ndombele and as much I like Emilios contribution, his passing accuracy could be better. When Sissokos on the ball he slows down the counter attack and prevent us from going forward

Our biggest weakness is the mid. Thats why I often wonder about Mous decision 

We can't expect to win every game, but this loss was disappointing.

I have no problem with us starting slowly and making sure we don't concede early, but I think the killer blow was their equaliser just before half time. It would have been a huge difference psychologically had we gone in one up. Son going off seemed to make no difference, at least adversely. Lamela's goal was an absolute peach and I think he and Lucas were probably our best players.

I think the top 3 are pretty much decided, but 4th is still wide open, with all the other teams showing the same levels of inconsistency as we are. There are a lot of games still to be played between the chasing pack and points will inevitably be dropped. I think we have just as much chance as the rest and I remain confident that we can do it. If Citeh win the CL and the PL, does that allow 5th to qualify?

One other thing - it's lovely to see Sanchez accepting Dier's brain-fart tactics when the Englishman is not playing. If Dier is not on the pitch, Sanchez makes sure he is there in spirit.

We have 2 MF players capable of driving forward but they didn't do it in this match. It was Lucas picking up the ball from deep and doing it. Harry and the front 3 players spent more time in our half rather than making Arsenal defend in theirs. There seemed little incentive to getting forward - not even with long diagonal passes or balls over the top. 

Their defence was too rarely put under pressure in the first half. I don't know enough about football being a hockey player, but I do get puzzled with games like today when a squad as good as ours is made to look 2nd rate by a team that itself has been out of sorts this year. 

COYS 

Ridiculous to give a penalty after he'd already missed the ball and the ball was exiting the field of play. He didn't deny him a scoring opportunity, he'd already blown it.

That being said, the whole team was poor outside of Moura for about 85 minutes. Can't complain about the result much since we didn't deserve any more. Pathetic showing

It was not a penalty. 

Last minutes proved us that playing attacking football is the only way this team can have success. But again the idiot expired manager tried to switch to his old bushit football style, he simply can't learn anything, he can't build anything. 

By the end of April we will have only 6th place in EPL to fight for. No cups, no europa league or other wet dreams. 

So In reflection today I hope Jose's told the players how disappointed obviously I am and the rest of the Spurs fan population.

Apart from putting the wrong left and right back on the pitch I can't really blame Jose for yesterday it was the players extremely poor effort and Performance that let us down. Apart from Hoijberg in the first half having a bit of a go at them and getting in their faces and Moura work his ass off as usual, lamelas 5-minutes of Wonder the rest of them are an absolute disgrace.

Now my poor Mum hasn't had a mental boost in hospital and now I've got to go to the dentist tonight in a bad mood.

I think the only way they can turn this around now is to win every game till the end of the season obviously winning the caripoo cup and the Europa League and obviously getting Champions League, above goonies