Spurs Web
Borodin

EPL Dinamo Zagreb Vs SPURS 18th March 17:55 K.O.

4 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Would you like to play under a manager who accuses you, insults you, makes fun of you constantly? He simply destroyed the team spirit.  

No wonder he accuses and insults them - they are fucking awful. Would you prefer him to be telling them how great they are after a performance like that?  They NEED to be accused.

It seems we only have two players in the team with balls - and one of them wasn't playing tonight!

10 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

Sack JM, but also tell at least 8 players that they are officially on the transfer list. JM has got this all wrong for sure, but the players should all be fucking ashamed of themselves. Every single one of them.

You may be right.

However, with the squad we have, it begs the questions, 'Why can't he get the best out of them and why have they they played so timidly'. If he is this brilliant manager, why are players of their ability not able to play to their potential. 

As far as I am concerned he destroyed a pretty good Utd Squad and he has does the same at Spurs. He is the coach and it is his job to find a way to get those players to have the right attitude.

In football, managers with far lesser squads who get results against better teams are praised to high heaven. For me if managers who don't get the result they should with better squads should take their share of the blame. Not put all the blame on the players. 

Mourinho has done his usual by blaming the players with no mention his team choice and tactics may have had something to do with it. 

We will just have to agree to differ. 

COYS 

Just checked the result but before I did a thought to myself “I bet spurs have blown it” and that says it all.

they are a bunch of bottlers, the “spursy” tag will never be lost unless they win a few trophies and I can’t see that happening without heavy heavy investment but tottenham don’t have the cash to spend. I think levy has  done an amazing job with the stadium but I hope he gets rid of Jose after the cup final. He’s not the right fit for the club and they will be mocked even more “not even Jose could win with Spurs”.

if I ever have a son he won’t support spurs. I’ll bring him up neutral. It’s pointless tying your mast to club. I’ll definitely make sure my nephew avoids football fandom!

hope Kane goes abroad. 

18 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko and Winks spelt disaster from the kick off. The club simply received what it deserved tonight. This is the lowest I have been with my hopes for this team. Gutted.

Before the kick off I named 3 of those 4 as being dodgy.

It was essential we didn't concede yet Mourhino put 4 dodgy players in defence! Yet we still have those who thinks Mourinho did nothing wrong and his players let him down. Nobody has mentioned team selection. 

Even Mourinho after the match put all the blame on the players. They say a bad workman always blames his tools. That sums up Mourinho to me. 

COYS 

2 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

You may be right.

However, with the squad we have, it begs the questions, 'Why can't he get the best out of them and why have they they played so timidly'. If he is this brilliant manager, why are players of their ability not able to play to their potential. 

As far as I am concerned he destroyed a pretty good Utd Squad and he has does the same at Spurs. He is the coach and it is his job to find a way to get those players to have the right attitude.

In football, managers with far lesser squads who get results against better teams are praised to high heaven. For me if managers who don't get the result they should with better squads should take their share of the blame. Not put all the blame on the players. 

Mourinho has done his usual by blaming the players with no mention his team choice and tactics may have had something to do with it. 

We will just have to agree to differ. 

COYS 

We don't differ on one thing.  JM has to go.

You can turn your question around, if they are such brilliant and talented players, why can't they play well enough to beat a decidedly average Zagreb team?  When the first whistle sounds, they are on their own. They are gown men for chrissakes.

How many of our players do you think the top 6 teams would look to sign?

What would you have done with team selection, given that we were 2-0 up going into this game? What team selection would have won this game?

You can look at the three main factors involved here, Levy, Mourinho and the players and apportion blame in whatever way you wish. The end result is that Tottenham Hotspur in their last two matches have put in Premier League and European Competition performances that are an embarassment to this Football Club and everything it stands for. The rebuilding needs to start in the morning with the removal of the manager. A caretaker needs to be brought in and it needs to be someone who isn't seeking the role permanently but is required to try and lift the morale and spirit of the players prior to the Carabao Cup final against City so we can at last put in some sort of effort to lift the trophy. Levy needs to take a long hard look at his 20 year reign as Chairman and decide if it is truly in the best interests of this once famous (but still proud) establishment for him to remain.

The players can only hang their heads in shame at the pitiful manner in which they surrendered to both Arsenal and Dinamo. Their fates will eventually be determined by the new manager who must be fully backed financially in his search for the talent he believes is required and his choice of who must be removed from the equation.

3 minutes ago, Borodin said:

You can look at the three main factors involved here, Levy, Mourinho and the players and apportion blame in whatever way you wish. The end result is that Tottenham Hotspur in their last two matches have put in Premier League and European Competition performances that are an embarassment to this Football Club and everything it stands for. The rebuilding needs to start in the morning with the removal of the manager. A caretaker needs to be brought in and it needs to be someone who isn't seeking the role permanently but is required to try and lift the morale and spirit of the players prior to the Carabao Cup final against City so we can at last put in some sort of effort to lift the trophy. Levy needs to take a long hard look at his 20 year reign as Chairman and decide if it is truly in the best interests of this once famous (but still proud) establishment for him to remain.

The players can only hang their heads in shame at the pitiful manner in which they surrendered to both Arsenal and Dinamo. Their fates will eventually be determined by the new manager who must be fully backed financially in his search for the talent he believes is required and his choice of who must be removed from the equation.

I agree with almost all of this - but I don't think a change of chairman would get the team playing better. 

2 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I agree with almost all of this - but I don't think a change of chairman would get the team playing better. 

I understand what you mean but that term 'the team' is one which I mean refers to the current group of players representing this football club. I am suggesting perhaps a fresh face after 20 barren years would prioritise success on the pitch and bring in a manager equally as determined. Then they could both begin the rebuild that is so desperately needed in the squad.

If Daniel Levy sacks Mourinho tomorrow morning but learns absolutely nothing from the experience or fails to recognise his shortcomings regarding the present situation then we are just in for more years of rinse and repeat.

Chairman needs to evolve or leave, manager must go and the players will remain or go in accordance with the views of the new permanent manager concerning their futures at the club.

1 minute ago, Borodin said:

Chairman needs to evolve or leave, manager must go and the players will remain or go in accordance with the views of the new permanent manager concerning their futures at the club.

I don't think Levy went for the easy or cheapest option when he selected Mourinho - he wanted success and JM was a proven winner. Man Utd fans may complain about him, but he is their most successful manager since Ferguson.?

The big question is .... who the hell would/should we get as his replacement ... and why would any manager who currently has a good reputation risk coming to Spurs?

4 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I spent some 34 years in the Army with 33 years managing others. This started in low managing positions responsible for a small group to a high position managing over a hundred including those managing in the lower levels. 

It was different in the Army in that morale of the soldiers of all ranks was paramount. It was never accepted there was a bad soldier, the one managing almost invariably was hauled over the coals when things went wrong.

I have felt for a longtime that the way Mourhino has treated and spoken to his players has done more to dispirit them rather than raise their moral. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those players were worried sick about making mistakes rather than being relaxed that  and worried they would be dropped, even not making the bench. Bale and Dele were senior players. They must have been really angry at the way they were treated over the first 3 months of the season. 

But that's just my view. It appalled me how he treated all those players from academy level to senior players. It is not the few times he promoted them to some games that keeps morale high, it is treating them in a bullying manner that knocks confidence and destroys morale. He lost the dressing room at Utd, and I don't think he particularly carried ours - it was they were concerned of repercussions if they stood up to them.

I'm ex Army so my views may well differ. My 16 months in N Ireland brought it home to me that the whole team from top to bottom had to get on. Upset one of the team so they switched off could cost lives. Mourhino wouldn't have lasted out there - he would have been reprimanded and shipped out - any career advancement finished. 

COYS 

Haven't posted for a long time - probably getting on a year.
Been so pissed off with JM that I couldn't be bothered to participate and decided that until he goes, I will stay away.
Hopefully it wont be long now before I feel like starting to post again.

Nothing more to add regarding tonight's game or how shit we have been under JM - I guess it's already all been said.

FOJM!

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Former Tottenhan midfielder Glenn Hoddle, speaking to BT Sport: "Mentally they have got it wrong right through the game. I said, if Zagreb score I am expecting a reaction. That is Spurs chance to respond but they went backwards.

"They went downhill instead of fighting. They should have upped the gears but they didn't. There is not enough quality in the team. Everyone was looking at each other. When it happens it is a disaster for a team. Hojbjerg not playing shows you what they need. A massive miss. He is one who leads and is always talking and demanding.

"They lost the plot but they also lost their heart."

Glen Hoddle......the voice of reason and truth.

Let's get Hoddle back as a mentor to Jermaine jenas with Ledley King as the assistant coach.

Try and get somewhere near top 4 win the caripoo Cup. Levi can cook off as well sell the stadium to make an absolute fortune with the club unless he actually brings in a manager and spend on players that we actually need

15 minutes ago, GPK said:

Haven't posted for a long time - probably getting on a year.
Been so pissed off with JM that I couldn't be bothered to participate and decided that until he goes, I will stay away.
Hopefully it wont be long now before I feel like starting to post again.

Nothing more to add regarding tonight's game or how shit we have been under JM - I guess it's already all been said.

FOJM!

Please don't wait for that idiot to leave before your next contribution. This place needs members who will post and share their views and opinions. I fully appreciate that you are pissed off with JM but don't let that stop you from discussing the club and what it needs to do in order to turn things around.

Just out of interest what would you do as chairman if Jose resigned tomorrow ? Would you bring in a caretaker for the remainder of the season and begin the search for his replacement during the summer break or get someone in ASAP to try and steady the ship ?

Jose Mourinho apologised to the Tottenham fans and said his players failed "at the basics of life" after they threw away a 2-0 lead to be knocked out of the Europa League by Dinamo Zagreb. A second-leg display described as "diabolical" and "a disaster" by their ex-player and manager Glenn Hoddle saw Spurs knocked out in the last 16 in Croatia after extra time. A hat-trick from Mislav Orsic did the damage, reversing the comfortable lead Mourinho's side had built in last week's first leg.

"They [Dinamo] left sweat, energy, blood. In the end they left even tears of happiness," Mourinho told BT Sport. "They were very humble and committed. I have to praise them."On the other side, my team - I repeat, my team - didn't look like it was playing an important match. If for any one of them it is not important, for me it is."I am disappointed for a difference of attitude of one team to another. I feel sorry that my team is the team that didn't bring to the game not just the basics of football but the basics of life, which is to respect our jobs and to give everything.

"On behalf of my team, in spite of maybe some of them who don't share my feelings and my emotions I can only apologise to the Tottenham supporters. I hope they feel the same way I feel. Today is live or die - and in this moment, we die."

Does anybody have a sword they can lend this guy to fall upon ??

These quotes coming from Mourinho and the message to supporters of "I share your pain" makes me retch.

To try and infer that he's as puzzled and disappointed at such a dismal performance as we are is an insult.

It does nothing but make his relationship with the squad toxic and shows he will stoop to any level to try and avoid responsibility.

Time to go....now !!

8 hours ago, Borodin said:

Jose Mourinho apologised to the Tottenham fans and said his players failed "at the basics of life" after they threw away a 2-0 lead to be knocked out of the Europa League by Dinamo Zagreb. A second-leg display described as "diabolical" and "a disaster" by their ex-player and manager Glenn Hoddle saw Spurs knocked out in the last 16 in Croatia after extra time. A hat-trick from Mislav Orsic did the damage, reversing the comfortable lead Mourinho's side had built in last week's first leg.

"They [Dinamo] left sweat, energy, blood. In the end they left even tears of happiness," Mourinho told BT Sport. "They were very humble and committed. I have to praise them."On the other side, my team - I repeat, my team - didn't look like it was playing an important match. If for any one of them it is not important, for me it is."I am disappointed for a difference of attitude of one team to another. I feel sorry that my team is the team that didn't bring to the game not just the basics of football but the basics of life, which is to respect our jobs and to give everything.

"On behalf of my team, in spite of maybe some of them who don't share my feelings and my emotions I can only apologise to the Tottenham supporters. I hope they feel the same way I feel. Today is live or die - and in this moment, we die."

Does anybody have a sword they can lend this guy to fall upon ??

He truly is disillusioned, when the team comes out second half almost as bad as the first half that tells you he can't motivate or coach them. Wake up Levy your time is ticking