Jump to content
Spurs Web
Borodin

EPL Dinamo Zagreb Vs SPURS 18th March 17:55 K.O.

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Salopspur said:

The really sad thing is, the majority of modern footballers couldn’t give a flying fuck.

So true mate when  getting in there hyper cars going back to their Mansions getting their full wages while they would they care. Apart from Moura  maybe hoiberg and sonny maybe they should all pay back their wages for the last 6 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Borodin said:

Jose Mourinho apologised to the Tottenham fans and said his players failed "at the basics of life" after they threw away a 2-0 lead to be knocked out of the Europa League by Dinamo Zagreb. A second-leg display described as "diabolical" and "a disaster" by their ex-player and manager Glenn Hoddle saw Spurs knocked out in the last 16 in Croatia after extra time. A hat-trick from Mislav Orsic did the damage, reversing the comfortable lead Mourinho's side had built in last week's first leg.

"They [Dinamo] left sweat, energy, blood. In the end they left even tears of happiness," Mourinho told BT Sport. "They were very humble and committed. I have to praise them."On the other side, my team - I repeat, my team - didn't look like it was playing an important match. If for any one of them it is not important, for me it is."I am disappointed for a difference of attitude of one team to another. I feel sorry that my team is the team that didn't bring to the game not just the basics of football but the basics of life, which is to respect our jobs and to give everything.

"On behalf of my team, in spite of maybe some of them who don't share my feelings and my emotions I can only apologise to the Tottenham supporters. I hope they feel the same way I feel. Today is live or die - and in this moment, we die."

 

Does anybody have a sword they can lend this guy to fall upon ??

We don't need comments, he is not a TV commentator. He is a coach, the team needs an attitude, a change, at least after the break to see something else. It's easy to notice, but his job was to act. But he did not, because he was in fact hoping to snatch a classic poor 0-0. Cheating football doesn't work anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Why I've just woken up with a really bad hangover maybe I was dreaming and had a really weird nightmare that the overpaid numpties :q:ruined our season

Sorry mate, it really happened....:12: Try a hair of the dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

How embarassing ... Joe Hart posts a Well Done message to the team.

https://mobile.twitter.com/elslwlr2/status/1372686657196068869/photo/1?ref_url=https%3a%2f%2fd-819606992375704085.ampproject.net%2f2103060631004%2fframe.html

After the historic comeback by Dinamo Zagreb, a post from Hart's Instagram account caught the attention of fans as the story read 'Job Done' with a big green tick to go with the caption. With the England international sitting on the bench for the PL outfit, it was clear that someone else was operating Joe Hart's Instagram account and made a glaring error with the post. Joe Hart was quick to delete the same but the error had caught the eye of football fans leaving them capturing it and sharing it across on social media platforms like Twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As one who never had the same faith that Mourinho could lead this squad to success, although deeply disappointing, last night's result was not that much of a shock. Thy way he has publicly treated some of the players made me feel he never really had the full backing of the dressing room. When the likes of Kane spoke in support of Mourhino, I felt it was a PR job. Hence my lukewarm support for him and my negative posts that doubted he would do it. 

It gives me no pleasure that, because he has failed so badly. It may well have put our club back years to return to being a genuine top 4 club again. Although I have never liked the man,  wanted desperately for him to succeed. Failure to to so could be calamitous.

I know that some on here believe he hasn't really put afoot wrong, and it is all down to the players lack of motivation that has led to these unacceptable results. I can't accept that logic. The whole point of having a manager is that he can come up with a formula that works. Those who become the  top managers do it with the richest clubs who provide them with the best players in the world. For me, the real top managers are those with the lesser clubs who keep their clubs from being relegated and get their players punching above their weight. Mourhino hasn't even got this squad consistently playing to their capabilities. 

It hasn't really sunk in with me just how big a disaster this season may turn out to be. When it does, it will really hurt as I was on such a high with expectations up until the point when it went pear shape under Poch. DL and Enic really must get it right this time. There is no need to panic and that may well mean sticking with Mourinho until the end of the season.

It is not mathematically certain yet that we cannot at least get 5th place. Now is the time for Mourinho to get this half decent squad playing a style of football they enjoy and back to winning ways. He has to ge the the players in the right frame of mind and putting 100% into every match. He also has to stop publicly implying it is the players fault for not following his instructions and not putting the effort in. Something is wrong in the dressing room and it needs sorting. 

COYS 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disconcerting to hear that Lloris confirms, its to do with what’s going on in the club. 
Again an instance where, “I don’t like this gaffer, let’s get him gone.” There’s been to much of a power shift in football and if fans think players care for the shirt, they are mistaken. So long as that nice fat pay cheque keeps rolling in. I think back to the likes of Perryman, Roberts and Hoddle, consummate professionals who knew where there bread was buttered and for who they were doing it for; like are old mate Stanmac. These lot today boil my shit. Not fit for purpose. Truly,  they are the worst pampered wankers in sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Salopspur said:

Disconcerting to hear that Lloris confirms, its to do with what’s going on in the club. 
Again an instance where, “I don’t like this gaffer, let’s get him gone.” There’s been to much of a power shift in football and if fans think players care for the shirt, they are mistaken. So long as that nice fat pay cheque keeps rolling in. I think back to the likes of Perryman, Roberts and Hoddle, consummate professionals who knew where there bread was buttered and for who they were doing it for; like are old mate Stanmac. These lot today boil my shit. Not fit for purpose. Truly,  they are the worst pampered wankers in sport.

If the club captain is implying unrest, for me that is worrying. 

It is true that the heart has gone out of the team, but is it really all down to the players not being bothered. That attitude hurts them as much as we fans. 

These players are not robots but human beings and no different to us fans. If we are being treated without respect and publicly criticised by our boss, there is every chance we would be upset and it would affect our performance. I hate all this talk about mental problems that people are suffering with. That said, I had a spell in the late 60s when my then boss was a swine to work for and that was an unhappy time of my life and I only did enough to avoid being in trouble . I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho has lost the dressing room and they are so fed up they are not playing for him any more. OK, it can be argued they should not slacken off, but if they are all wound up with him, it would be difficult to drive it out of their minds and concentrate. 

I am still firmly in the camp that Mourhino is the problem rather than the players. 

Each to their own opinions, of course, we will be nearer to the truth once Mourhino goes and the players will be able in a position to speak out. 

COYS 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not absolving the manager of this mess either James. I just don’t like this scenario where the players can’t take a bollocking in the modern game. I’ve read your earlier post recalling your service days where you’ve got to run a happy ship, so to speak, I agree that’s life and death. You can’t tell me you didn’t get your RSM  to chew some squaddies out when required though. Criticism is a part of life and we all have to live with it. Apparently today’s footballers don’t agree. Lampard has had the same crap to get rid of him. A seriously doubt Shankley, Clough and the like were” come here darling; about your performance last game, I’m sure you gave it your best and I’m really grateful, but do you think you might, if you could cut out the tiny mistakes and perhaps listen to what I told you to do.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have said this before but as much as I hate Manchester United I have nothing but the greatest respect for Sir Alex Ferguson's managerial reign. His secret was never to belittle his team or a particular player in front of the media. You would never have seen him give a post match interview such as Mourinho gave last night.

Failure as a football team is a collective thing between manager, coaches and players. For one of those factions to wash their hands of the other two and attempt to deflect the blame away is cowardly and unprofessional. Ferguson kept it all behind club doors and no matter how much he bollocked a team member they always respected him for not embarassing them publicly to the media and supporters.

Last night I witnessed Jose in a pathetic attempt to say that he too shared the sadness of the fans as they witnessed one of the worst Spurs performances ever. He attempted to align himself with supporters and distance himself totally from his players and staff. He proclaimed to be as puzzled as us regarding the defeat, insisting he had warned the team at half time that if they continued to play as they did in the first they could get beaten. I just don't buy it. He is like a cornered rat willing to find any excuse to relieve himself of the burden of responsibility for his team's performance.

When Hugo Lloris says "The team at the moment just reflects what's going on inside the club." it is clear indication that whatever is wrong with morale and attitude has spread throughout the whole fabric of Tottenham Hotspur.

Last night Jose Mourinho walked away from sharing the guilt with his team. They will not forget or forgive. He can never recover from this and will simply wait for the axe to fall, pick up his golden handshake and go.

In closing though I must also say that the likes of Winks,Dier, Sanchez, Sissoko, Bergwijn, Alli and Doherty should never represent the club again. Simply not good enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Salopspur said:

I understand the no personal criticism in front of the media thing Borodin, but I ain’t to sure most of the shrinking violets can take it behind closed doors either.

The little darlings need a huge dose of harsh reality and a reminder of how privileged they are to be playing for this club. Maybe they do have difficulty accepting criticism but unless someone is willing to tell it like it is we will be stuck with these whinging sycophants. Personally I would walk into the dressing room today and ask Dier, Winks, Sanchez and Alli for their shirts because they won't be needing them anymore. Gutless parasites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mourinho is so washed up now even a full tide can’t pull him back. He has reverted to form and I can’t see any way he recovers the locker room. This really feels like a new low for me and I’ve followed this club for over 40 years. I truly despair for our future 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Salopspur said:

I’m not absolving the manager of this mess either James. I just don’t like this scenario where the players can’t take a bollocking in the modern game. I’ve read your earlier post recalling your service days where you’ve got to run a happy ship, so to speak, I agree that’s life and death. You can’t tell me you didn’t get your RSM  to chew some squaddies out when required though. Criticism is a part of life and we all have to live with it. Apparently today’s footballers don’t agree. Lampard has had the same crap to get rid of him. A seriously doubt Shankley, Clough and the like were” come here darling; about your performance last game, I’m sure you gave it your best and I’m really grateful, but do you think you might, if you could cut out the tiny mistakes and perhaps listen to what I told you to do.”

Spot on !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree but maybe the squad have been getting more bollockings than we know about ,,,and it’s led to a point where the players are being vocal back to jm ,,,which in turn is causing bigger problems,,,but it’s really crap ,,,from the management and the playing staff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

If the club captain is implying unrest, for me that is worrying. 

It is true that the heart has gone out of the team, but is it really all down to the players not being bothered. That attitude hurts them as much as we fans. 

These players are not robots but human beings and no different to us fans. If we are being treated without respect and publicly criticised by our boss, there is every chance we would be upset and it would affect our performance. I hate all this talk about mental problems that people are suffering with. That said, I had a spell in the late 60s when my then boss was a swine to work for and that was an unhappy time of my life and I only did enough to avoid being in trouble . I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho has lost the dressing room and they are so fed up they are not playing for him any more. OK, it can be argued they should not slacken off, but if they are all wound up with him, it would be difficult to drive it out of their minds and concentrate. 

I am still firmly in the camp that Mourhino is the problem rather than the players. 

Each to their own opinions, of course, we will be nearer to the truth once Mourhino goes and the players will be able in a position to speak out. 

COYS 

 

Goony game and last night where did our so called captains stand up and make a difference I'm afraid lloris same kane were both toothless and have been during analysis should have been a shouting and instigating a comeback.no leadership lacklustre,  give the armband to Hoijberg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not been on here for a while. Mainly because I'm still trying to get over our home game against Chelsea but agree 100%, give the armband to Hoijberg.

A captain needs to be kicking people whether it's his teammates or the oppo or preferably both.

Anyway, back to the padded cell where I can rock myself to sleep with those memories of a toothless Graham Roberts smiling and with a trophy in his hands...where does the time go?

Take care all and keep safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jb41 said:

Not been on here for a while. Mainly because I'm still trying to get over our home game against Chelsea but agree 100%, give the armband to Hoijberg.

A captain needs to be kicking people whether it's his teammates or the oppo or preferably both.

Anyway, back to the padded cell where I can rock myself to sleep with those memories of a toothless Graham Roberts smiling and with a trophy in his hands...where does the time go?

Take care all and keep safe.

Please consider staying rather than disappearing. This forum needs members like yourself who will pop in and contribute to keep the discussions and debates flowing. Posts are the lifeblood of this place.

I too share your view that Hojbjerg would make a superb captain. The team lacks direction and leadership. He's just the guy to take the reins.

The question is who would you have managing your new captain ??

PS...

You brought back some great memories with your mention of Graham Roberts. A true gladiator who would have died for the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The manager question is difficult and depends a lot on the culture, the players and the hierarchy.

Personally I would like to see Spurs be a bit like Athletico Madrid, fighting against illustrious neighbours because let's face it, we don't win very much.

It might mean being a bit more pragmatic but if you see the players putting their heart and soul on the line to get a result then I'd take that all day long rather than playing in entertaining defeats then watching everyone else winning trophies and giving us this "Spursy" shit every season.

We almost had that "Simeone" experience with Poch where the club, the squad and the fans were galvanized and got within touching distance of real glory but I don't think Jose has that effect on the wider squad and is too decisive. You can tell from the interview with Loris yesterday that there is discontent in the camp.

I would go for one of the following and back them up with cash and time...

Nagelsmann

Brendan Rodgers

Stephen Gerrard (wildcard but you can't knock his passion)

Now the third real ale has kicked in, I really need to get some sleep.

COYS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jb41 said:

The manager question is difficult and depends a lot on the culture, the players and the hierarchy.

Personally I would like to see Spurs be a bit like Athletico Madrid, fighting against illustrious neighbours because let's face it, we don't win very much.

It might mean being a bit more pragmatic but if you see the players putting their heart and soul on the line to get a result then I'd take that all day long rather than playing in entertaining defeats then watching everyone else winning trophies and giving us this "Spursy" shit every season.

We almost had that "Simeone" experience with Poch where the club, the squad and the fans were galvanized and got within touching distance of real glory but I don't think Jose has that effect on the wider squad and is too decisive. You can tell from the interview with Loris yesterday that there is discontent in the camp.

I would go for one of the following and back them up with cash and time...

Nagelsmann

Brendan Rodgers

Stephen Gerrard (wildcard but you can't knock his passion)

Now the third real ale has kicked in, I really need to get some sleep.

COYS

 

Fading after three ales? Are you a gooner in disguise?

in all seriousness- why would Nagelsmann or Rodgers join this shit show and work under Levy?

 

would you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, USSpurs said:

Fading after three ales? Are you a gooner in disguise?

in all seriousness- why would Nagelsmann or Rodgers join this shit show and work under Levy?

 

would you?

I can understand Rodgers staying at Leicester but Nagelsmann might relish the thought of pitting his wits against the top Premier managers. A salary of £12m a year might also be a nice sweetener but I doubt Levy would ever make that sort of offer again. Once bitten and all that...

@jb41 said three REAL ales so that's a whole different ball park. Some of that stuff is like rocket fuel. My stepson used to make his own and we'd have a few glasses then put some in his lawn mower and cut the grass.....:6:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, USSpurs said:

Fading after three ales? Are you a gooner in disguise?

in all seriousness- why would Nagelsmann or Rodgers join this shit show and work under Levy?

 

would you?

Yes I would if the chairman gives you the financial backing ,you've got the best stadium training facilities in Europe to walk into, at least 3 good players and the best fans and forums in the world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×