Spurs Web
Borodin

PL Aston Villa Vs SPURS Sun 21st March 19:30 K.O.

Okay, we pick ourselves up from the mid week disaster and travel to Villa Park in an attempt to hold on to a top six finish. With games now running out it's imperative we try to secure European football of some sort next season and perhaps more importantly finish above Arsenal in the table.

I'm writing this thread tonight (Thurs) still reeling from the disgraceful performance against Dinamo Zagreb. Considering how pivotal that game was to our season I am completely baffled regarding the total lack of pride and effort out on the pitch tonight. I can only pray that things alter for this game but I have no idea what changes may take place between now and Sunday concerning players (and perhaps manager).

I will predict a 1-1 draw which two weeks ago I would have been disappointed with but now will happily settle for.

Let's not give up! This is the time when we should stay together and fight for our 8th place!

Even 10th is not so bad, but we can keep 8th until the end, let's use our manager brilliant skills and fight!

The best thing about this game is the kick off time. It means that if we do produce another abysmal performance it will only ruin a few hours before I go to bed instead of most of the bloody day like the Arsenal result did.

That is honestly the only one positive I am able to provide regarding this fixture. I have no idea what the result will be or who will play following last week's interviews and revelations from Mourinho and Lloris. I think Harry's silence also speaks volumes.

Today I watched two rugby teams stand toe to toe and slug it out in one of the most exciting matches ever. No quarter asked or given, total passion and commitment from everyone on the pitch. I also never questioned one single refereeing decision made because I could hear the officials discussing every incident and then explaining to the players why they were being penalised.

How wonderful would that be if I was able to say the same about our game against Villa.

One sport has it so right and the other has a long, long way to go in order to catch up.

I don't want to be fenicitty but I don't really give a shitttte at the moment I want to be like the players but I can't it's in my heart my blood my eyes are blue and white to still care but I don't want to.

Most time we can look forward to a game as if a team is playing well but they're not are they and not fighting they're not working for their money so why should we bother....grrrrrr

Over this crap period of my life I've learnt that when spurs are letting me down to have them on in the background try and do something positive while they're on like DIY or trying to fix something around the house so at least I've got something positive out of it when I'm throwing my screwdrivers around and we're losing.

Here's hoping for a 4-0 thrashing and Grealish sits on the sidelines thinking I should play for Spurs I can make a difference and we get him on the cheap in the summer

9 hours ago, Borodin said:

Today I watched two rugby teams stand toe to toe and slug it out in one of the most exciting matches ever. No quarter asked or given, total passion and commitment from everyone on the pitch. I also never questioned one single refereeing decision made because I could hear the officials discussing every incident and then explaining to the players why they were being penalised.

How wonderful would that be if I was able to say the same about our game against Villa.

One sport has it so right and the other has a long, long way to go in order to catch up.

Oh my god that's so true you should push this let football listen to Rugby and get it right brilliant

1 hour ago, Craig Truespur said:

Over this crap period of my life I've learnt that when spurs are letting me down to have them on in the background try and do something positive while they're on like DIY or trying to fix something around the house so at least I've got something positive out of it when I'm throwing my screwdrivers around and we're losing.

I was wondering if the gamblers amongst you should put a tenner on whoever we are playing. That way at least you have some sort of positive when we lose.

14 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I was wondering if the gamblers amongst you should put a tenner on whoever we are playing. That way at least you have some sort of positive when we lose.

When I gamble I enjoy the element of risk involved. Betting on dead certs has never appealed to me :6:

A lot of people on the internet are referring to this match as the 'do or die' fixture for Mourinho as Spurs manager. I just cannot see it myself. I still think my idea of there being a 'winning clause' in Jose's contract as being feasible. Levy is simply not that stupid to just promise somebody a £12m a year contract for 3/4 years with full compensation if it's terminated before completion.

I reckon something along the lines of "Should the team be unsuccesful in achieving CPL qualification and not winning a trophy or league title during a season then the club reserve the right to terminate the contract at the end of that season and pay compensation of 25% of the remainder of the outstanding agreed term".

Like it or not I reckon he's here until after the last match on May 23rd.

12 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I'm not sure I even care!

I have no idea how this will pan out, but I hope that the backlash from Thursday hits the whole team and management very very hard.

I am going for  2-0 WIN.

By crikey, you know we are in deep shit when Crom says, 'I'm not sure if I care'. I knew things were bad bad hadn't realised just how bad.

Come on, Crom. I needed you to give me a nudge towards a more positive attitude when I got too negative.

COYS

Afternoon all.

I am going for a thrilling 2-0 win because I live in hope and expect a reaction for us long suffering fans.

Get ready for an "edge of the seat" classic :-)

COYS

19 minutes ago, jb41 said:

Afternoon all.

I am going for a thrilling 2-0 win because I live in hope and expect a reaction for us long suffering fans.

COYS

Hmmm "thrilling" and "edge of seat classic" ?? I'll settle for the 2-0 at the moment my friend.:16:

I have thought about the score 3 times today and came up with 3 different results. I thought about tossing a coin but I'm still working out out how to include the draw. It will probably keep me awake all night. 

COYS 

29 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I have thought about the score 3 times today and came up with 3 different results. I thought about tossing a coin but I'm still working out out how to include the draw. It will probably keep me awake all night. 

COYS 

Easy...if the coin lands on its side it will be a draw....there you go..sorted...:16:

7 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Easy...if the coin lands on its side it will be a draw....there you go..sorted...:16:

Of course. Now why didn't I think of that? And no, it is not because of my heritage. 

COYS I

With the Hammers only drawing, it is imperitive we win as it keeps us in the mix. 3 points behind Chelsea 1 point behind West Ham and 2 ahead of Liverpool. A top 6 spot becomes easier and 5th and 4th still on. 

COYS 

That's a novel starting XI. I wonder what the thinking is behind that? 

I  can't remember him starting with Harry and Alves before. It seems a very strong midfield behind the two strikers. Also, Rodon in partnering Sanchez?

I shall watch this game with interest to see how this set up gels and what the game plan is. Is this going to be be an all out attack? 

COYS 

4 hours ago, jb41 said:

Afternoon all.

COYS

Good to see you're still here mate I think you're one of the original old-time sufferers. Unfortunately since the last champions league we've not really had any classics. Unless BALE curls one in the top corner lamella does a Rabona Ali scores one of his overhead kicks and kane scores a rocket from 50 yards I can't see much excitement really

It may be nervous start lots of sideways and backwards passing someone Cox up in Defense and we hit the bar 10 times, he brings Winx on to save the day  my god I'm grabbing for the beer already

20 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Good to see you're still here mate I think you're one of the original old-time sufferers. Unfortunately since the last champions league we've not really had any classics. Unless BALE curls one in the top corner lamella does a Rabona Ali scores one of his overhead kicks and kane scores a rocket from 50 yards I can't see much excitement really

It may be nervous start lots of sideways and backwards passing someone Cox up in Defense and we hit the bar 10 times, he brings Winx on to save the day  my god I'm grabbing for the beer already

The beers are getting demolished and I'm biting my nails like there's no tomorrow...

I can see this turning into a day off work tomorrow already but every cloud and all that...the 3-3 draw earlier should motivate them to pull their finger out!!

COYS