Spurs Web
Borodin

PL Aston Villa Vs SPURS Sun 21st March 19:30 K.O.

6 minutes ago, Alonso said:

I’m not sure why all the negativity tonight to be honest.  

not flashy, but work rate much better, some decent football and given away nothing defensively.  

Moura brilliant and lots of strong performances albeit not full of flair but solid nonetheless.  

2-0 against a team we are competing with for top places and a clean sheet away from home.  

Thursday is history so let it go 

I think it was more 'trepidation' than negativity. Seeing seven changes to a team line up does give cause for concern that they will not work cohesively at first and give the opposition chances to score. I was impressed in the manner in which they grew as a working unit the longer the match went on.My only reservation would be the selection of Vinicius. Granted he scored but apart from that 'tap in' he brought little to the party (in my humble opinion).

It will be interesting to see which players are left out and who is brought back in for the Newcastle game.

We have Newcastle, Southampton, Everton in the next 4 or 5 games so there is no excuse for not maintaining this opportunity for 4th or 5th place. 

It will be interesting to see if we can pick up 9 points from those 3 games. 

COYS 

15 minutes ago, jb41 said:

Job done.

Not one for the purist but looks like they were putting a shift in so can't argue with that.

COYS

This is true. We were bemoaning a total lack of effort in the last 2 games, so this was definitely something we all called for.  We didn't sit back and it was quite an even game. 

The defence scares the crap out of me; even though it was a clean sheet, we are pretty bad at the back.

39 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

This is true. We were bemoaning a total lack of effort in the last 2 games, so this was definitely something we all called for.  We didn't sit back and it was quite an even game. 

The defence scares the crap out of me; even though it was a clean sheet, we are pretty bad at the back.

Although the back four looked vulnerable one interesting statistic from tonight was that the average age of them was just 23 years Tanganga 21 Rodon 23 Sanchez 24 and Reguilon 24 . Maybe with a little bit more time playing together we have a defence that could last for some time to come ??

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

We have Newcastle, Southampton, Everton in the next 4 or 5 games so there is no excuse for not maintaining this opportunity for 4th or 5th place. 

It will be interesting to see if we can pick up 9 points from those 3 games. 

COYS 

Once the Newcastle match is finished we will start another 'next five matches' predictions in the thread with that name. Then we can see how good everyone's foresight really is.

6 hours ago, KCspurs said:

Not too bad. We looked like a team that's played a lot of matches recently but Lucas was good, Ndombele was good, I liked what we saw from Tanganga. We didn't look near our best but any win will do at the moment.

Anything slightly good would been up an improvement over what we've been seeing lately,  I'm glad he started to carry out the negative useless players and try and some of the new ones Rodon should have been given a chance ages ago, what was the point of buying those players if you're not going to try them he's an experience centre back and he's young and hungry

How patronising for Mourinho to say it is sad Tottenham had to suffer their shock mid week Europa League exit I order to produce the committed performance that saw them secure victory. Does he take us all for fools? 

We didn't create the chances to score but were gifted 2 goals - without that it would have been 0 - 0. We only had had 9 shots of which only 3 were on target. One was a penalty and was a tap in from a defensive error!! Hardly a basis for enthusiasm for the future. 

For me, only Lucas really put in a committed performance throughout the game. A general concensus on the forum throughout the game implied it was far from a committed performance. Why can't he be honest and say we had the luck to come away with the win, and he wants to see more effort?

I have reached the stage where I have decided to never watch his post match spiel again nor to read about it - he winds me up and puts me in a foul mood for the rest of the day. 

You don't have to agree with me as I am biased against him from a long standing dislike of the man, but please let me have my rant as it helps me to calm down. 

COYS 

11 hours ago, Borodin said:

Once the Newcastle match is finished we will start another 'next five matches' predictions in the thread with that name. Then we can see how good everyone's foresight really is.

Or what blind optimists/pessimists we are !