Jump to content
Spurs Web
Borodin

"Mourinho Next For The Sack" Odds Tumble to 13/10

Recommended Posts

He has to go, I was all for giving Jose a chance but it is clear to me he doesn’t have the changing room. With this squad they should have been coached for possession, pressing and front foot. I’m not sure what happened with poch, maybe the players lost faith and stopped trying 100% but with jose I feel like he has lost the players. 
 

I have to caveat this by saying I barely watch full games now and I mostly read and watch snippets, I can usually tell when the performance will be insipid and switch off. Have my younger brother who is brilliant armchair analyst and even he thinks Jose has to go. 
 

it was ballsy move by levy to chop Poch but in hindsight I think we’ve regressed even more. Such a waste of attacking talent, granted we have not got best defence but this season performances have been absolutely dire from what I’ve seen. 
 

no idea who to get in either, but honestly I’d be amazed if Kane and Jose are there after this season. Re Kane I hope he goes somewhere and wins the trophies his work rate and talent merit. 
 

Football club fandom, it really is a mugs game tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SCIFIN17YID said:

I think we got to bite the bullet and fire him this sucker is going to laugh at us, how much would we have to pay him off to be exact perhaps give ledley king a shot ?

I love Ledley king but he’s not going to cut it as a manager. 
agree Jose will be laughing with his pay off. And everyone else will be laughing at spurs. 
 

I’ve no idea who they would get but honestly as a caretaker manager they might as well shove redknapp in until the end of the season. He’s ancient but there’s no time to work on anything major tactically so he might just get them playing on the front foot. 
 

it needs to be an experienced manager who’s used to playing attacking football. None of this park the bus bollox which doesn’t seem to work in current climate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dazza1976 said:

He has to go, I was all for giving Jose a chance but it is clear to me he doesn’t have the changing room. With this squad they should have been coached for possession, pressing and front foot. I’m not sure what happened with poch, maybe the players lost faith and stopped trying 100% but with jose I feel like he has lost the players. 
 

I have to caveat this by saying I barely watch full games now and I mostly read and watch snippets, I can usually tell when the performance will be insipid and switch off. Have my younger brother who is brilliant armchair analyst and even he thinks Jose has to go. 
 

it was ballsy move by levy to chop Poch but in hindsight I think we’ve regressed even more. Such a waste of attacking talent, granted we have not got best defence but this season performances have been absolutely dire from what I’ve seen. 
 

no idea who to get in either, but honestly I’d be amazed if Kane and Jose are there after this season. Re Kane I hope he goes somewhere and wins the trophies his work rate and talent merit. 
 

Football club fandom, it really is a mugs game tbh. 

Spot on. 

Once Mourinho goes, the truth will out and Mourinho's lack of man management skills will be laid bare. 

I fully agree he has lost the support of many if not all in the dressing room. 

I reckon Kane knew months ago that the season was going to end in failure. I suspect he has reluctantly had his agent quietly looking around for his next club. He loves Spurs and will be heart broken to leave but it is only human to want to play at the top level and to win some medals. 

Being a football fan has been mugs game for a couple of decades. Because of the money splashing around in the game, it has allowed the players agents to push wages to an immoral level. I stopped paying to enter the ground 30 years ago nor bought any kit. It is we fans getting ripped off. 

Because I have been following football since 1950/51 it is in my blood and difficult to give up. That said, I am becoming disillusioned, with it all. All the cheating by the players such as feigning injury and VAR getting so much wrong etc I am complaining more than praising and enjoying watching matches less. 

I stay on the forum as I like the guys who post and it adds a Social side to my life which has been a boon during these lockdown. 

COYS 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It probably hasn't escaped his attention that the likelihood of losing Kane, Son and possibly others can't be ruled out, and that Mr Levy isn't exactly generous with funds to rebuild the squad. If so, he may have doubts that we will become a genuine top European club and snub the offer. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, KCspurs said:

Perhaps they are working something out behind the scenes and they will allow him to manage against Villa before sacking him, knowing every point is critical at this stage

I imagine last night's result has sent shock waves throughout the board. They are caught in a cleft stick. It will be clear to those responsible for bringing Mourinho to the club that it appears to have backfired. Worse still, they will be struggling to cope with the fact it has made them look stupid to have rushed in with this out of the blue ridiculous decision of bring in Mourinho. 

There is no obvious solution of what to do next. Does he go quickly or stay until the end of the season? Is the replacement a temporary stand in or the next permanent manager with a fixed 2/3 year plan. Can they rid themselves of Mourhino without looking even more stupid by having to give him mega millions? Is there someone in the club who could see us through the rest of the season. They will be worried sick about making another huge blunder. 

We have one of the best, if not the best stadium in Europe, yet here we are the laughing stock of the EPL. 

COYS 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devastated,,,beyond words ,,he has lost the whole squad now in 2 weeks ,,,amazing apparently Jose went to the Zagreb dressing and applauded them after the match !

berndan Rodgers is an Arsenal supporter and would cost millions,,,,,,this is a mess ,,,gutted ,,,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although we do still have a faint hope we could make it to 4th place, we have to balance that against the risk of an ugly end to Mourinho's tenure, the way it happened at Chelsea and at Man United. We can't let things continue until they get that bad.

I think a loss against Villa would have to bring the sack, there should not be another dawn in the Mourinho era if we lose to them. They need to waste no time bringing in Nagelsmann or Rodgers else we risk losing them to another club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jay Kane said:

He has to go,offer Brendan Rogers a deal he can’t turn down..

Why would Rogers leave Leics right now for Spurs? They’ve got rich owners, a fantastic training ground just opened and a positive mood/spirit about the place with some good players. I presume he’s well paid and happy. Yes we are a bigger club - but hard to see it happening when they’ll almost certainly be in CL next season and we almost certainly wont. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

It probably hasn't escaped his attention that the likelihood of losing Kane, Son and possibly others can't be ruled out, and that Mr Levy isn't exactly generous with funds to rebuild the squad. If so, he may have doubts that we will become a genuine top European club and snub the offer. 

COYS 

Why/how would we ‘lose’ Kane? Someone would still actually have to buy him and Levy would have to accept an offer to end his current (3yr remaining contract) early.
 

You’d be looking at around £150m for Kane. Not many clubs can afford that (PSG? ManC? RM? ManU?) and Levy just won’t sell, almost certainly not to a Prem rival.
 

Kane’s agent can tout him around all he likes - you’re still only talking about the same 2-3 clubs. 

It seems more likely to me that Mourinho will go and the next manager (whoever he may be) builds the team around Kane and would convince him to stay. 

Kane can go abroad when he’s older (has talked about playing until he’s 40!) to an easier league and win things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

Why would Rogers leave Leics right now for Spurs? They’ve got rich owners, a fantastic training ground just opened and a positive mood/spirit about the place with some good players. I presume he’s well paid and happy. Yes we are a bigger club - but hard to see it happening when they’ll almost certainly be in CL next season and we almost certainly wont. 

Completely agree. If ever a managerial position came with a health warning and a poisoned chalice gift token it's the Spurs one. Anyone who takes it on is putting their career ambitions at serious risk. How the hell Levy is going to sell it to someone after this fiasco will be a complete miracle. I would definitely have his mobile number on my 'blocked' list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not talking to the players won’t make any difference,,,,,it will show them he is only a one man band ,,,also it only breeds contempt and distrust for him and the staff,,,( oh I won’t talk to you lot ,that will show ya ha) and the squad will just gossip and bitch between themselves,,,,which leads to the fcuk you mentality,,,,maybe he is not talking to any off the squad ???? Even before the matches 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

Not talking to the players won’t make any difference,,,,,it will show them he is only a one man band ,,,also it only breeds contempt and distrust for him and the staff,,,( oh I won’t talk to you lot ,that will show ya ha) and the squad will just gossip and bitch between themselves,,,,which leads to the fcuk you mentality,,,,maybe he is not talking to any off the squad ???? Even before the matches 

Lloris was clearly very upset in his interview, chastising the players but hinting at something very seriously wrong inside the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah mate he was pissed off seriously,,,so is it the senior players that Jose is only talking to ,,cos he can’t communicate to the younger players. They need a good punch up clear the air shouting match ,,,no comebacks .not a one on one ,,everyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BlockFeet said:

Why/how would we ‘lose’ Kane? Someone would still actually have to buy him and Levy would have to accept an offer to end his current (3yr remaining contract) early.
 

You’d be looking at around £150m for Kane. Not many clubs can afford that (PSG? ManC? RM? ManU?) and Levy just won’t sell, almost certainly not to a Prem rival.
 

Kane’s agent can tout him around all he likes - you’re still only talking about the same 2-3 clubs. 

It seems more likely to me that Mourinho will go and the next manager (whoever he may be) builds the team around Kane and would convince him to stay. 

Kane can go abroad when he’s older (has talked about playing until he’s 40!) to an easier league and win things.

You maybe right.

The other side of the coin is, if Kane really wanted to leave and was deliberately stopped, would he be unhappy about it? Would that affect his attitude and how well he played. 

I don't know how much say players get in transfer deals, but I would surprised if they had no say at all. I would expect there would be talks between Levy and himself if Harry really wanted out. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Harry wanted out then it's the least the club can do to let him go and genuinely chase some silverware after all he's done.

I don't think one true supporter would begrudge him that right. He's more than earned it compared to others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jb41 said:

Good shout really.

He won't care about big egos, price tags and will give the kids who are good enough a chance.

I have a lot of time for Sherwood and he always makes incisive and constructive comments when talking about Spurs, who he obviously still loves. I'd be more than happy to see him prepare the team for the Carabao Cup Final. Give him until the end of the season and see what happens.

This is what we need :

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×