Spurs Web
Borodin

"Mourinho Next For The Sack" Odds Tumble to 13/10

9 hours ago, Borodin said:

Great article that sums up Mourinho and his managerial style perfectly...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/19/harry-kane-silence-tottenham-hotspur-jose-mourinho

Reading between the lines with articles such as these, it is difficult not to come to the conclusion that, when it comes to man management, Mourhino's is appalling. 

As a manager, there is no God given right when they say, 'Jump', the response must be, How high'. No two people are the same and often different approaches have to be taken with different people. Bullying despotic managers will never get the best out of those they manage. 

The TV highlighted Mourinho's inability to keep his players happy at Utd and he totally destroyed that squad. Sadly, he has done the same during his tenure with Spurs. The squad he has cannot compete with City or Liverpool before their injuries of key players decimated their squad. However, in my opinion the definitely should have been competing for, and being in a top 4 position. I also think we should still be in the CL. 

When we started well and we were sitting at the top of the league, doubters like myself were pulled up for not accepting Mourinho was still a top manager and that he would bring in trophies. Having reached a stage where every indication suggests this season may well be a disaster, there is a deafening silence from the Mourhino fan club. For me, even worse, all the blame is being piled on the the shoulders of the players! Not a single moan about the manager. 

I don't suppose there will be any chance of reading some posts from the Mourinho fan club admitting that he has not just failed, but led our club into a worse situation to the one when he took over. Even if we were to somehow beat City and win the Carabou Cup, the season will still be a a disastrous one if we are not in the CL - both for the financial loss and the possibility of losing Sonny and Harry. 

COYS 

2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

You maybe right.

The other side of the coin is, if Kane really wanted to leave and was deliberately stopped, would he be unhappy about it? Would that affect his attitude and how well he played. 

I don't know how much say players get in transfer deals, but I would surprised if they had no say at all. I would expect there would be talks between Levy and himself if Harry really wanted out. 

COYS 

True if Kane really wants to leave AND there is a club willing to buy him who he wants to play for, then it could happen. Still can’t see Levy allowing him to go to either Manc club though. So that probably leaves RM or PSG. 

4 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

True if Kane really wants to leave AND there is a club willing to buy him who he wants to play for, then it could happen. Still can’t see Levy allowing him to go to either Manc club though. So that probably leaves RM or PSG. 

I think we also have to understand the respect Harry has for this club. He knows if he left then it would be with the full blessing and thanks of every supporter so long as it wasn't to certain clubs. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd to name four. It's my opinion he would seek fame and fortune abroad and in that case it's a no brainer that Poch would welcome him with open arms and has the money to buy him.

At the recent Ligue 1's Player Of The Year award Mbappe said “It’s a very important moment for me, I come to a turning point in my career, I have discovered a lot here, and I feel it is maybe the moment to have more responsibility.I hope that can perhaps be at Paris Saint-Germain, that would be a great pleasure. Or maybe elsewhere with a new project.”

All clear hints that he intends leaving on a free at the end of this season. Now if Poch is under no illusions about this he will undoubtedly make contact with Harry to sound him out about joining him at PSG (maybe Son, Aurier and Lloris too).

I would have no problem whatsoever if Mr Kane goes to Paris and reunites with his old boss. He would go with my sincerest thanks and best wishes.

I have just read that Mourhino has told a reporter that he will be leaving the club at the end of the season as he didn't win the CL. 

Sad news For the JM lovers but great news for me

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

I have just read that Mourhino has told a reporter that he will be leaving the club at the end of the season as he didn't win the CL. 

Sad news For the JM lovers but great news for me

COYS 

I have just checked my calendar and it says April 1st James. You wouldn't possibly be trying to make 'fools' out of us would you mate ? :one: Otherwise maybe you could tell us where you read this news ? I'm just a bit suspicious and checking because my friends in Wales told me that Joe Biden had been assassinated this morning.

2 hours ago, Borodin said:

I have just checked my calendar and it says April 1st James. You wouldn't possibly be trying to make 'fools' out of us would you mate ? :one: Otherwise maybe you could tell us where you read this news ? I'm just a bit suspicious and checking because my friends in Wales told me that Joe Biden had been assassinated this morning.

It's sad your friends got in first, but I claim a partial victory. At least you felt you needed the source of information which implies you thought it could be plausible. 

Had you been  caught out, I was then going to suggest you checked today's date. 

COYS 

26 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

It's sad your friends got in first, but I claim a partial victory. At least you felt you needed the source of information which implies you thought it could be plausible. 

Had you been  caught out, I was then going to suggest you checked today's date. 

COYS 

To be honest I was almost duped until you added at the end that it was because we didn't win the Champions League. That sounded extremely 'dodgy'. So I naturally asked you to verify your sources :two:

I woke Brenda up at 2am and told her there was a large white van parked on our drive and it looked like they could be gas oil thieves siphoning out of the tank...(which is alarmed but she forgot). She was out of bed like a whippet and heading for the phone when I stopped her. Words could not fully do justice to her reaction  and I do not have the luxury of the pub to retreat to. I may not have thought this through properly judging by the silence that has since followed, I suspect an act of revenge pending and will live in fear until it is administered.

3 hours ago, Borodin said:

Off Track but did you see Joe Biden falling down the stairs the other day he couldn't even walk upstairs he's so frail I don't think anyone need to assassinating they could just blow on him heed fall over.

18 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Off Track but did you see Joe Biden falling down the stairs the other day he couldn't even walk upstairs he's so frail I don't think anyone need to assassinating they could just blow on him heed fall over.

All I would do is cover him in Pedigree food and Winalot biscuits then let his two mad dogs do the rest...sorted.

The one good thing that will hopefully come out of all this is that Mourinho will never be allowed to manage at top level again, anywhere. He has shown his true colours whilst at Spurs regarding player/manager relationships and his team selection/tactics have clearly illustrated how 'out of touch' he is with the modern game.

His media antics will have been noted around the World and I doubt there is one major club that would now consider him to be their manager. The 'Special One' is no more and as a Tottenham supporter I certainly will not be saddened by his demise.

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Steve Bruce currently top at 6/4 to be next for the chop with Mourinho in second place at 5/1

Link : https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

Mourhino hates to be 2nd so he'll be a bit miffed by this.

COYS

20 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Fascinating read here about what Mourinho said upon his appointment (Nov 2019) and the harsh reality of the situation today :

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/jose-mourinho-tottenham-four-promises-20334016

Well worth a look...:16:

He will never answer the question in a way that leaves him open to having to accept he got things wrong. He is blind to his inadequacies. 

He just can't live with criticism after all his successes. Sad really. If he held his hands up to mistakes, I don't think he would have received anywhere near the attacks made on him at Utd and with us. I may even have liked him as, when he is not being a prat, he comes across as a half decent bloke. 

COYS