Spurs Web
Craig Truespur

Is it Daniel Levy and Enics time to step down

20 hours ago, Borodin said:

I know very little of who's who in the world of American Football but it would not surprise me in the least if talks were going on 'across the pond' with one of the mega rich NFL club owners. The ground is ready made to facilitate their matches and anyone wishing to extend their portfolio to include English Soccer could not do better  stadium wise than choose ours.

Tottenham Hotspur really is a sleeping giant at the moment but with the right backing, not just financially but ambition wise as regards trophy and title success then the potential for Spurs over the next ten years is limitless.

Maybe some of our American members have a better idea of who from the NFL may be chatting to Joe aboard his luxury yacht ??

That is a good call and yes they have set it up brilliantly for NFL L7 I tried to get a little bit interested in it but apart from the cheerleaders I've just found it to overcomplicated stop starting all the time I think I would have been a good American footballer and a baseball players be honest shame I wasn't American.

I think they're probably games better to play them to actually watch.

As far as once were out a covid the talks may be going on in the background I still don't understand what's going on with the naming rights for the stadium why hasn't this come through yet

1 hour ago, Craig Truespur said:

I'd like it to be a group of English businessman that actually care about the football other than just making us into a profitable business yes the stadium isn't amazing but he was looking at the money that would be coming in from the revenue of the seats not thinking of all I'll reinvest the money from the seats back into the team.

Enic and the board are not mugs. They know that it is success that will bring them the highest return on their investment. The more successful they are, the more money they will make. They want success just as much as any owners. However, they are maybe going about it in a different way to some other clubs. They want the infrastructure in place to be able to generate the revenue which in turn can be used to obtain the success.  I don't disagree with this at all but Covid completely trashed their plans. The stadium has been empty for a year - no football, no NFL, no concerts, no boxing .... no revenue.

To say "businessman that actually care about the football other than just making us into a profitable business" misses the point. Caring about the football is what will make us a profitable business.

I can understand slagging off the manager and the players, but not Enic. Mourinho was hired to bring success and he was not a cheap option. 

2 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

Enic and the board are not mugs. They know that it is success that will bring them the highest return on their investment. The more successful they are, the more money they will make. They want success just as much as any owners. However, they are maybe going about it in a different way to some other clubs. They want the infrastructure in place to be able to generate the revenue which in turn can be used to obtain the success.  I don't disagree with this at all but Covid completely trashed their plans. The stadium has been empty for a year - no football, no NFL, no concerts, no boxing .... no revenue.

To say "businessman that actually care about the football other than just making us into a profitable business" misses the point. Caring about the football is what will make us a profitable business.

I can understand slagging off the manager and the players, but not Enic. Mourinho was hired to bring success and he was not a cheap option. 

My point was the football is the most important thing and success on the pitch also. The failure of Enic to invest in players properly over their term is one of the reasons why we haven't won anything. They borrowed enough money to build the stadium they should have done that to get the right players in place and indeed the managers that we actually needed. But if you look at our players that we've sold we more or less balance the books and there was already prophet sitting there to be spent on players there was rumours around there was 50 m to be spent last January. If they did their best to unload all the Deadwood to build up the funds fair enough?

I think Levi was more worried about getting the electric sorted out on the stadium than buying players like Grealish,That's my point someone else should have been dealing with the football side he was too busy dealing with building the stadium not worryying about the team and moral falling to Pieces which it has over the last two seasons. I agree Mourinho was brought in because he thought he was the best of a bunch to solve the problem after poch  I sort of fell for it thinking that Mourinho was the answer because of his experience but as most people have pointed out the problem is Mourinho doesn't seem to be a people person and he's ideas seem to be a bit prehistoric

1 hour ago, Craig Truespur said:

My point was the football is the most important thing and success on the pitch also. The failure of Enic to invest in players properly over their term is one of the reasons why we haven't won anything. They borrowed enough money to build the stadium they should have done that to get the right players in place and indeed the managers that we actually needed. But if you look at our players that we've sold we more or less balance the books and there was already prophet sitting there to be spent on players there was rumours around there was 50 m to be spent last January. If they did their best to unload all the Deadwood to build up the funds fair enough?

I think Levi was more worried about getting the electric sorted out on the stadium than buying players like Grealish,That's my point someone else should have been dealing with the football side he was too busy dealing with building the stadium not worryying about the team and moral falling to Pieces which it has over the last two seasons. I agree Mourinho was brought in because he thought he was the best of a bunch to solve the problem after poch  I sort of fell for it thinking that Mourinho was the answer because of his experience but as most people have pointed out the problem is Mourinho doesn't seem to be a people person and he's ideas seem to be a bit prehistoric

52tuea.jpg

Tbh we are in a better situation than arsenal,,they will be making more workers redundant at the end of the season and selling as many of the dead wood as possible,,the owner Stan kronke is not gonna do anything cos he is taking the money out of there income as the glaziers at Man Utd ,,,if we had new owners they can’t spend there own money it’s not allowed ,,,they can only spend the clubs money based on income and revenue,,,the glaziers have spent over £1 billion on player’s since fergie left the club ,,,,they haven’t spent one penny of there own money ever ,,

so new owners only means they might spend more off the club’s money,,,nothing else ,,new management,,new players ,,bigger wage bill etc ,,,more pampered over paid people that’s all ,,,and a bigger board off directors ,,,,,mr levy does about 5 different roles at the club ,,our board of directors is very very small compared to all the other clubs 

16 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Tbh we are in a better situation than arsenal,,they will be making more workers redundant at the end of the season and selling as many of the dead wood as possible,,the owner Stan kronke is not gonna do anything cos he is taking the money out of there income as the glaziers at Man Utd ,,,if we had new owners they can’t spend there own money it’s not allowed ,,,they can only spend the clubs money based on income and revenue,,,the glaziers have spent over £1 billion on player’s since fergie left the club ,,,,they haven’t spent one penny of there own money ever ,,

so new owners only means they might spend more off the club’s money,,,nothing else ,,new management,,new players ,,bigger wage bill etc ,,,more pampered over paid people that’s all ,,,and a bigger board off directors ,,,,,mr levy does about 5 different roles at the club ,,our board of directors is very very small compared to all the other clubs 

Well said mate all I'm saying is leave the business side to Levy because he's good at that but the football side needs to be a director a football that actually knows about up-and-coming players potential, even our scouting system seems to be a mess.

Just a highlight now stupid setup is it was exactly 2 years ago today I was at the Stadium when it first opened for the first match for the Under 18s we beat Southampton 3-1 Skippy on that day was by far the best player stood out from the whole squad and the other team he got a couple of chances in the first team not even full matches so I can't remember but then we shut him out on loan when we had a kid there with massive potential I reckon a future captain in the making but we bought Hojbjerg  which again was a great signing but skippy could be his understudy they be great together.

I really don't understand the thinking of sending out on loan without a clause where we cant bring him back he's man of the match for them  Time After Time.

On 3/24/2021 at 9:56 AM, Craig Truespur said:

Well said mate all I'm saying is leave the business side to Levy because he's good at that but the football side needs to be a director a football that actually knows about up-and-coming players potential, even our scouting system seems to be a mess.

Just a highlight now stupid setup is it was exactly 2 years ago today I was at the Stadium when it first opened for the first match for the Under 18s we beat Southampton 3-1 Skippy on that day was by far the best player stood out from the whole squad and the other team he got a couple of chances in the first team not even full matches so I can't remember but then we shut him out on loan when we had a kid there with massive potential I reckon a future captain in the making but we bought Hojbjerg  which again was a great signing but skippy could be his understudy they be great together.

I really don't understand the thinking of sending out on loan without a clause where we cant bring him back he's man of the match for them  Time After Time.

Cool dude ,,,but mr levy got bitten by the Italian director off football when bale left ,,,I just think mr levy needs out an out trust in that role to spend money mate 

15 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Cool dude ,,,but mr levy got bitten by the Italian director off football when bale left ,,,I just think mr levy needs out an out trust in that role to spend money mate 

I'm still confused that we got some guy from Swansea in what the hell is he doing did he get Rodon?

2 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

I'm still confused that we got some guy from Swansea in what the hell is he doing did he get Rodon?

I thought that Rodon, despite Wales losing 3-1, was really impressive against Belgium the other night. He's definitely one for the future.

He's an interesting read about Enic had seen it before

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/joe-lewis-spurs-owner-levy-12773340.amp?int_source=taboola&int_medium=display&int_campaign=organic

Looks like the last team building exercise was 2013

2 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

He's an interesting read about Enic had seen it before

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/joe-lewis-spurs-owner-levy-12773340.amp?int_source=taboola&int_medium=display&int_campaign=organic

Looks like the last team building exercise was 2013

It was interesting that he has interests in several clubs throughout Europe including Rangers! When Rangers were demoted to the bottom division, I wonder if he was behind the shenanigans that were behind the punishment? 

I know DL runs the footballing side, but I am curious whether the 2 confer at all. Could DL ask for money?  Can Joe interfere? 

A strange set up. 

COYS 

They own 20% and have never put one penny into Glasgow Rangers lol,,,and they have never had a say in anything at Rangers at all ,,they just get offers for there stake and laugh 

Mr levy runs the whole enic company ,,,Tottenham are the flagship money earner ,,,and mr levy is apparently in contact with mr Lewis on a regular basis .

but mr levy calls the shots ,,,but I suppose if mr Lewis his boss called and said sack Jose Mourinho now he would have to act 

same as roman abramovitch at Chelsea he gave Lampard the firing squad 

On 3/25/2021 at 7:11 PM, Mr8ball said:

Franco was never the problem. He has brought all of the players Boas wanted and sold all of the players that haven’t clicked.

Soldado, was signed although a younger Rodrigo was the same kind of player, but more hungry, younger and cheaper. The funny thing Rodrigo was Soldados direct suitor after No-Goal-dado left Valencia for us. 

Capoue to me was a good suggestion, but only in combination with Sissoko. Both knew each other from Toulouse. That pairing would have made sense to build upon. Capoue was defensive minded Sissoko box to box. And its not that a deal wasn’t possible. Sissoko left in the same season for Newcastle and we ended up with the so called „black Lampard“ Paulinho.

Yes, another Player Boas wanted. Why? Paulinho scored from 40 metres and he speaks portuguese. It was easier for AVB to play Scrabble in portoguese with a Brazilian, I guess. Apart from that, he played for Litvania and Poland. Wow, what a CV! But another reason, Paulinho was hyped by Chelsea and AVB wanted to make sure they don’t get him. Kindergarten games, after they have fired him! Thats my personal opinion, but I think a lot of people have earned money with Paulinho (money laundry)!

Chadli was a Player Levy wanted. Why? Because he scored against us. But no one of our scouts recognized Dusan Tadic‘s talent when they were scouting Nacer in Enschede.

Gandalf... I mean Gilfy (short for Grannys I like to fuck) was also a player Boas wanted. As Bob Marley sang in I shot the sheriff, „For what, I don’t know!“ 

Maybe to get sure he has a plan B, when he signed Moussa who came as replacement for (you won’t believe it) Luka Modric. Yes, you heard right. (Luka, the favorite player I still can not chose for my profile!!! )

Boas promise was to replace Luka with Mouthino, but because of these 3rd party orgies (ask fat Sam) we haven’t signed him. Instead we got Moussa, who was used as a CM. At Fulham he played as an attacking midfielder. Pssst... don’t tell anybody!

Why was Holtby chosen over Draxler? Good question!? Was it because of Holbys Father and english ancestors. Is the answer that easy? Probably, cause Draxler was/is way better than him. But again, a player BOAS wanted. 

Eriksen and Lamela were two players Baldini suggested. Two players I also admired. But what the people don’t know, Chadli was brought to replace Bale. Not Lamela. But because Lamela was our most expensive signing ever, he was introduced so and unfortunately, too early in the english game. Its unfair to blame BOAS, cause I think there was a big pressure on everybody, Baldini, Boas and Lamela. Lammy was a lightweight, but people demanded to see him playing. The fan community and Levy wanted to see something for the high amount of money. He was brought on, he got injured, the rest is history. He never played to his full potential and never meet the expectations people put in him!

Even if its necessary to spend more money in some cases, the problem is not only that Enic and Levy won’t invest, cause I know from personal experience you can find top players for little money. I found Jackson Martinez for 2 million in the mexican Jungle. Porto bought him 2 years later for 5 million and sold him for 30 to Atletico. Atletico sold him to China for 40 million. That makes me believe, that one of our main problems is the scouting. Our scouting is shit. They won’t recognize a talent infront of their eyes. Lukaku, Tadic, Fekir, Draxler, Aubermeyang..... But I also think the decision making is bad, when its good to keep or sell a player! We could easily made at least 250 up to 300 mill for Christian, Dele, Rose, Verts and Toby. 2 of the 5 left and are not playing. The others are gone for far less we would have get for them.

Back to the DOF. Although I think Baldini have great contacts, have a good reputation and did a great job, (he get all the players Levy and Boas wanted and also get rid of the ones who failed and still give player recommendations like Cengiz Ünder), he was made the the scapegoat for BOAS disastrous management! 

End of DOF part one

Mitchell came with Poch and with Wany, Toby, Trips, Dele and Dier we had a cheap and well functional lot. And what really happened behind closed doors, we don’t know, but Levy had the last word and Mitchell part ways. Now he is one of the most successful DOFs in the german Bundesliga in the services of RB Leipzig 

End of DOF part two

Will there ever be a part three? Dunno

What I know, if I would be chef scout and not only the last boy scout, here in the forum, we had won the fucking title. At least six times in a row. Im sure Levy would have let me kiss his bald head! :10:

Before we can get think of whether DL and Enic should be be replaced we have to reach a a conclusion as to what were all the targets and and is there real failure any that is culpable. Also to establish the real aim of the club.

Clearly the first target must have been to remain solvent and, preferably. as wealthy as the top successful European Clubs. They have passed that test with flying colours. Then they have to diversify with large amounts of income from non Football sources. That they have done with NFL games, boxing events and pop star shows. Also on the agenda was a new stadium and they have built arguably the best stadium in Europe.

But, of course, THFC changed from a hockey club into being a soccer club. Looking back through early history, as the FA developed over the years, Spurs were heavily involved and a market leader of the changes over the transforming years. DL and Enic are the current holders with the responsibility to keep the club solvent and to make it successful.

The one thing not mentioned above is winning football trophies. Hereby lies the nub of the argument. Is success measured by comparing the trophy cabinets or the the wealth of the club and its magnificent stadium. From we fans point of view, it has to be the trophy cabinet and the winning history of the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and City showing dominance over a decade or two. Also Arsenal spread over many decades.

In the formative years of the FA, we were dominant at times including our best years in the late 50s and early 60s. That said it pales into insignificance compared to the the likes of 5 or 6 EPL clubs  over the last few decades. The reason we didn't compete at the same level seems an obvious answer. We never matched those clubs in wage structure and the size of transfer fees.

We appeared be a wealthy club capable of doing the same as the wealthy clubs that bought success but, for reasons unknown to us, we didn't. Using hindsight, it is clear that speculation with high wage structures and splashing the cash has worked. Some clubs were ultra successful yet none of them collapsed financially.  Still we don't do it.

My verdict is that Enic and DL have served their purpose and we need to hand over the reins to a wealthy backer who is prepared to make the No1 priority as winning the top trophies on a regular basis. I fear it won't happen as I don't think Joe Lewis wants to sell the club. He apparently is into the NFL in a big way and that is now a cash cow with the new stadium.

COYS

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

We appeared be a wealthy club capable of doing the same as the wealthy clubs that bought success but, for reasons unknown to us, we didn't. Using hindsight, it is clear that speculation with high wage structures and splashing the cash has worked. Some clubs were ultra successful yet none of them collapsed financially.  Still we don't do it.

Leeds?

6 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Before we can get think of whether DL and Enic should be be replaced we have to reach a a conclusion as to what were all the targets and and is there real failure any that is culpable. Also to establish the real aim of the club.

Clearly the first target must have been to remain solvent and, preferably. as wealthy as the top successful European Clubs. They have passed that test with flying colours. Then they have to diversify with large amounts of income from non Football sources. That they have done with NFL games, boxing events and pop star shows. Also on the agenda was a new stadium and they have built arguably the best stadium in Europe.

But, of course, THFC changed from a hockey club into being a soccer club. Looking back through early history, as the FA developed over the years, Spurs were heavily involved and a market leader of the changes over the transforming years. DL and Enic are the current holders with the responsibility to keep the club solvent and to make it successful.

The one thing not mentioned above is winning football trophies. Hereby lies the nub of the argument. Is success measured by comparing the trophy cabinets or the the wealth of the club and its magnificent stadium. From we fans point of view, it has to be the trophy cabinet and the winning history of the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and City showing dominance over a decade or two. Also Arsenal spread over many decades.

In the formative years of the FA, we were dominant at times including our best years in the late 50s and early 60s. That said it pales into insignificance compared to the the likes of 5 or 6 EPL clubs  over the last few decades. The reason we didn't compete at the same level seems an obvious answer. We never matched those clubs in wage structure and the size of transfer fees.

My verdict is that Enic and DL have served their purpose and we need to hand over the reins to a wealthy backer who is prepared to make the No1 priority as winning the top trophies on a regular basis. I fear it won't happen as I don't think Joe Lewis wants to sell the club. He apparently is into the NFL in a big way and that is now a cash cow with the new stadium.

COYS

Joe Lewis has no interest in the NFL ,,,,at all ,,,his main interest apart from spurs ,,,is wait for it around the world yatch racing he is one off the biggest sponsors of that sport ,,,he also buys and sells fine arts .the nfl thing comes from mr levy pushing for a 2 tier pitch at the new stadium so nfl teams can play there ,,,money maker no bother ,,,that pitch can be used to host baseball teams aswell ,,the brewery at the stadium makes a pint for wait for it 25 p sells for a cool fiver ,,60 thousand drinkers have 6 pints each nice money ,,,that’s without grub that is made on site aswell ,,,if mr Lewis had an interest in the nfl he would have to fund a franchise himself and paying tax in the USA noooo lol

I am with crom on this subject,,,,Peter Risdale was Leeds Utd chairman when they were in the top flight ,,champs league etc ,,,he was allowed to throw money at any player ,,,,oh dear they lost everything very kin quickly and dropped off the football map another 12 years off new owners all dodgy and nothing ,,we have no trophies yes but would you swap maybe cambridge Utd’s league 2 winners or playing in the prem hmmmm 

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

I am with crom on this subject,,,,Peter Risdale was Leeds Utd chairman when they were in the top flight ,,champs league etc ,,,he was allowed to throw money at any player ,,,,oh dear they lost everything very kin quickly and dropped off the football map another 12 years off new owners all dodgy and nothing ,,we have no trophies yes but would you swap maybe cambridge Utd’s league 2 winners or playing in the prem hmmmm 

Is your missus still writing your posts? 

A few weeks ago you would have spread this over 3 posts.  LOL

COYS