Jump to content
Spurs Web
Borodin

Bale Going Back To Real...

Recommended Posts

Gareth Bale: Tottenham's on-loan forward plans to return to Real Madrid

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56496981

I must admit that I didn't see this coming, especially with so many games left. Whether it's some sort of ploy remains to be seen but I just cannot see Zidane wanting him to return. I have a feeling Mourinho will not be too pleased with this announcement either.

Quite a few supporters think that what he's really saying is this :

"I was not deemed good enough for Real, and there are the Euros coming up in the summer. My aim and focus is there, and I can kill some time until then with Spurs. For them I am good enough and I'll use time with them for my main goal. After this is over, I will retire to Madrid, won't play, just there to cash out the contract."

I'm rather inclined to agree with them....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what to think about "Balegate."

He has played well for us recently and I think we all saw that he just oozes class. He is still one of the best around without a doubt.

However, he is not a JM type of player as he is not what you might call industrious. He is a luxury, but I think we should find a way to accommodate him in the team for 80 minutes plus in every game. He really is good enough to change a game in a second, but it's plain to see that JM doesn't want that kind of player. 

I am sure Bale will stay if JM leaves, but if we get top 4 and/or the Carabao, JM will keep his job and I fear that will be the end of Bale at Spurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cromulentmart said:

I don't know what to think about "Balegate."

He has played well for us recently and I think we all saw that he just oozes class. He is still one of the best around without a doubt.

However, he is not a JM type of player as he is not what you might call industrious. He is a luxury, but I think we should find a way to accommodate him in the team for 80 minutes plus in every game. He really is good enough to change a game in a second, but it's plain to see that JM doesn't want that kind of player. 

I am sure Bale will stay if JM leaves, but if we get top 4 and/or the Carabao, JM will keep his job and I fear that will be the end of Bale at Spurs.

I watched the full interview...he refers to troubles at the club and it's good to get away from them with Wales. His inference is that he used Spurs just to get fit enough for the Euros and had no intention of staying more than one season.

Personally I think his timing of this announcement is ill advised to say the least. He must realise the negative reaction it would create from the supporters and also Mourinho. Far better to leave at the end of the season amicably than do this.

It's stupid and crass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or very clever ,,,a quiet welsh lad that mr levy knows ,,,says it’s nice to get away from what’s happening at the club ,,,,backs up comments from Hugo,,,,yeah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

My other thought is bale basically said get rid of jm or I’m off ,,,bale knows he sells shirts for spurs as does levy ,,,,tell who has a Jose Mourinho spurs shirt 

For me, I have had the feeling there was bad blood between them almost from the start. I am not surprised that Gareth became pissed off with the very little game time he got right from the start and they fell out. 

I feel that if this situation had been handled differently, Bale could have made a huge difference. 

Once Bale is back with RM, the truth will out. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

For me, I have had the feeling there was bad blood between them almost from the start. I am not surprised that Gareth became pissed off with the very little game time he got right from the start and they fell out. 

I feel that if this situation had been handled differently, Bale could have made a huge difference. 

Once Bale is back with RM, the truth will out. 

COYS 

I'm not so sure, I think the Bale deal was already on the table when Jose joined and he went along with it. He could see that Bale wasn't fit at all when he first arrived and proceeded to gradually get him back firing on all cylinders. It's taken some time but I felt the corner was turned, we'd have a fully fit Gareth Bale to help us gain top four as the season ended and hopefully decide to renew his loan contract for the final year he was with Real.

So why now does he decide to reveal 'troubles at the club', talk about his time here as though it was a crafty plan of his just to get match fit for the Euros and announce his intention to return to the not so welcoming arms of Zidane next season ??. He must know that it would be like red rag to a bull as far as Mourinho is concerned. Maybe he is trying to say to Levy "It's him or me next year". Whatever his motive surely he has now burnt his boats with the manager and will struggle for game time ? I guess we'll know the answer to that when we play Newcastle (if he doesn't come back injured from intenational duty).

I'm sorry but I just do not understand the logic of making such a potentially damaging statement as that now, when there is absolutely no need to. I can only perhaps think it's a dastardly plan to scare the shit out of Zidane so he will start talks for Spurs to be able to keep him on the cheap rather than have to take him back. Whatever the plan is I cannot see Jose too pleased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I'm not so sure, I think the Bale deal was already on the table when Jose joined and he went along with it. He could see that Bale wasn't fit at all when he first arrived and proceeded to gradually get him back firing on all cylinders. It's taken some time but I felt the corner was turned, we'd have a fully fit Gareth Bale to help us gain top four as the season ended and hopefully decide to renew his loan contract for the final year he was with Real.

So why now does he decide to reveal 'troubles at the club', talk about his time here as though it was a crafty plan of his just to get match fit for the Euros and announce his intention to return to the not so welcoming arms of Zidane next season ??. He must know that it would be like red rag to a bull as far as Mourinho is concerned. Maybe he is trying to say to Levy "It's him or me next year". Whatever his motive surely he has now burnt his boats with the manager and will struggle for game time ? I guess we'll know the answer to that when we play Newcastle (if he doesn't come back injured from intenational duty).

I'm sorry but I just do not understand the logic of making such a potentially damaging statement as that now, when there is absolutely no need to. I can only perhaps think it's a dastardly plan to scare the shit out of Zidane so he will start talks for Spurs to be able to keep him on the cheap rather than have to take him back. Whatever the plan is I cannot see Jose too pleased.

It is hard to know why Bale was used so little over the first 2 dozen games. There were claims of injury but that doesn't explain why he was given so little time in the EPL. Another thing I found strange is that he started so rarely. He was, brought on at the end and got short periods on the pitch. If he was nursing an injury, he shouldn't have been risked. If he wasn't and they were trying to improve his fitness, a few short appearances - especially as he wasn't given the all that much, is not a way to get match fit. Nor does it sharpen up his game. I ever really understood the policy. some games he never even got on the pitch. 

I am not sure a player can contrive a plan and make it work. I think possibly DL wanted him, came up with a solution to get him and a clash of personalities got out of hand. More of a case of Bale wanting more and Mourhino having other ideas. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

It is hard to know why Bale was used so little over the first 2 dozen games. There were claims of injury but that doesn't explain why he was given so little time in the EPL. Another thing I found strange is that he started so rarely. He was, brought on at the end and got short periods on the pitch. If he was nursing an injury, he shouldn't have been risked. If he wasn't and they were trying to improve his fitness, a few short appearances - especially as he wasn't given the all that much, is not a way to get match fit. Nor does it sharpen up his game. I ever really understood the policy. some games he never even got on the pitch. 

I am not sure a player can contrive a plan and make it work. I think possibly DL wanted him, came up with a solution to get him and a clash of personalities got out of hand. More of a case of Bale wanting more and Mourhino having other ideas. 

COYS 

Whatever the reasons behind how much game time he has been given I do not understand Bale's logic in waiting until he's away on International duty and with 9 games still left before the season ends decides to drop this bombshell to the media ??

He's basically telling Jose and his fellow team mates "I dont give a f**k about you because I'll be back playing golf next season in Spain". The atmosphere in that dressing room will be toxic when he gets back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Whatever the reasons behind how much game time he has been given I do not understand Bale's logic in waiting until he's away on International duty and with 9 games still left before the season ends decides to drop this bombshell to the media ??

He's basically telling Jose and his fellow team mates "I dont give a f**k about you because I'll be back playing golf next season in Spain". The atmosphere in that dressing room will be toxic when he gets back.

I think some thing has happened in the last week or so which has pushed Bale into deciding he couldn't take any more.

I think it is a bit harsh that he couldn't give a damn about the players and the club - I think he he has genuine regard for Spurs and his fellow players. I think it is the clash between him and Mourinho, and he has given up any hope that under Mourinho he will ever be considered a first choice player. Understandably, Bale knows he has been a world class player and probably still sees himself as one and is not prepared to be treated as a bench player by a manager who, it seems, he can't get along  with. 

I still think that bringing him to us was a sound idea. It is jus unfortunate that it didn't work out for reasons unknown to us at the moment. 

COYS 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course, there will come a time when each will give their VERSION, so we will never be too sure of what really happened. I suppose someone like me will be more likely to back Bale and someone like Asc will back Mourinho. 

Then the discussion will be who was telling the truth based more on emotion rather than fact.  LOL

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A huge shame it has come to this! Bale’s reaction at being substituted in the Arsenal game said it all - he was a player in o/s form but did not receive the ball as the centre midfield as so often for us were unable to get a foothold in the game. Bale was full of confidence, producing magic moments for us and Mourinho takes all that away from him and the team with a ridiculous change which cost us the game imo. He showed no faith in Bale despite mutterings in post game interview that he is managing Bale to get the best from him. Then in one fell swoop he destroys everything! He is not a clever manager and I’d rather see the back of him than Bale.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sumsio said:

A huge shame it has come to this! Bale’s reaction at being substituted in the Arsenal game said it all - he was a player in o/s form but did not receive the ball as the centre midfield as so often for us were unable to get a foothold in the game. Bale was full of confidence, producing magic moments for us and Mourinho takes all that away from him and the team with a ridiculous change which cost us the game imo. He showed no faith in Bale despite mutterings in post game interview that he is managing Bale to get the best from him. Then in one fell swoop he destroys everything! He is not a clever manager and I’d rather see the back of him than Bale.

 

I could not agree more. 

In one of his early games he was playing on the right and all the time we were playing up the left. The stupidity of that is unbelievable, yet Bale was accused of not playing well. He's not a magician - if you don't get the ball to him what an he do? 

It seems Mourinho can do no wrong and his players keep letting him down!!! 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would this have happened if Harry Redknapp was still at the club. If we could mould a manager out of Harry Redknapp poch and some pieces of Mourinho you have the perfect manager unfortunately I don't think bale and jose ever got along obviously you had a few mouthings seeing training and it went downhill from there instead of sitting down sorting out what each wanted from this loan deal, how to get the best out of his fitness and his magnificent skills I don't think Mourinho has got it in him we can all see he still got the skill there you just got to be in the right position to use it he could have been a Ronaldo type player obviously without the pace everyone said that we get planned and neither in the wrong position or not playing him enough

Is the same with deli when you think about it I can't hear anything about having crisis talks with the player sitting down and actually working out what's the best for everyone and getting the best out of the player or moving them on if it's better for the club

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the first thing that enters the players dressing room with Mourinho is his massive ego. His thought pattern is "Right, you lot all know what I have achieved in the game so I must be good and whatever I say must be right even though you may not agree with it. His appointment was in danger of being overshadowed by the return of Gareth Bale so he put his foot down hard regarding any chance the guy had of immediately returning to full time playing. He knew Harry Kane and Son were virtual Gods at the club and under the protective umbrella of Levy sood avoided upsetting them at all costs..

Dele Alli was the cheeky, "lazy" young star who was everyone's clown and simply out for a good time. In Mourinho's eyes that meant he needed teaching a salutory lesson about the relationship between Manager and Player. Previously he and Poch had been more like best mates and that had to be sorted out. He therefore did his usual trick of singling out a couple of players for harsh treatment. Bale was allowed the odd cameo appearance to keep the fans contented and assuring them his fitness was improving all the time. Ndombele was frozen out and humiliated in front of the press and Alli was mysteriously dropped and rumours were allowed to circulate about his future at the club.

In fairness, there were problems with Ndombele who struggled to make the transition to the Premier League and Jose's way of handling it has worked. That's not down to his managerial genius but simply luck that Tanguy responds to the stick rather than the carrot. Bale has realised for some time his situation at Spurs and how Mourinho intends utilising him. He has cleverly waited until he is away from the club (and the manager's office) to say it was he who has been using the club (and not the other way round) in order to achieve International match fitness and has every intention of returning to Real Madrid next season. He then dropped a hand grenade by referring to 'troubles at the club'.

Dele Alli has not responded well to no longer being teacher's pet and instead of showing the World how good he can be when selected he appears to just sulk about the pitch with the very rare flash of his old self. The collapsed loan deal to PSG only increased his depression and I doubt he will still be with us next term.

All of this together with the pressure of having so much dead wood lying around and needing to be moved on has caused the inevitable implosion of morale and confidence amongst the squad. It's gone too far now and the only possible solution(s) involve one main necessity...a change of manager.

If I was Daniel I would be having discussions very soon with potential appointments, asking them how they would endeavour to sort out this toxic jigsaw. It's a mess and an embarassment to the Board. Daniel unfortunately has backed the wrong horse and selected a 'has been' rather than a 'potential winner'. Even with a top four finish and an unexpected victory against Man City in the final I would still have my doubts about him staying. It's not so much a question of celebrating his possible success but more looking back to the trail of destruction he leaves behind in achieving it.........then he moves on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ExO2OZCWQAAMYYu?format=jpg&name=small

This is what the local Madrid newspaper printed about Bale's latest statement.

Link : https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/gareth-bale-real-madrid-future-wales-golf-tottenham-hotspur-world-cup-2022-qualifying-927861?ITO=newsnow

Translated it reads :

Bale Threatens To Return ....

Says it all really about the welcome that awaits in Spain.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Borodin said:

ExO2OZCWQAAMYYu?format=jpg&name=small

This is what the local Madrid newspaper printed about Bale's latest statement.

Link : https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/gareth-bale-real-madrid-future-wales-golf-tottenham-hotspur-world-cup-2022-qualifying-927861?ITO=newsnow

Translated it reads :

Bale Threatens To Return ....

Says it all really about the welcome that awaits in Spain.....

I think all the time he spent on the golf course pissed them off a tad.

COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we have underestimated the lad. He knows that the last thing Zidane wants is him hanging on his back and being seen to do sod all next season whilst earning megabucks and thereby upsetting team morale.

So he declares his hand ten games before the season ends and lets Real Madrid know that unless they sort his situation out he will be returning like an unwanted boomerang. This allows them to negotiate with Spurs regarding a transfer deal including a pay off to Bale regarding the rest of his outstanding contract. The alternative is to try and sell him to clubs that neither want him or are willing to pay his exorbitant salary.

So I reckon we may well see Bale still at Spurs next season, but not as an on loan player but a fully signed on first team member. Now if that does happen I also expect to see a lot more of him on the pitch for league fixtures.

53ebjj.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real Madrid have now made their intentions clear In a report in Spanish Daily ABC (Via Sports Witness), Madrid have “made it clear” to Bale’s agent, Jonathan Barnett, that if and when Bale does return, he “will not play” for Real Madrid again and suggested that Barnett should be working towards finding Gareth a new club to play at when the transfer window opens this summer.

Link : https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2021/3/30/22358111/tottenham-hotspur-transfer-news-rumors-gareth-bale-real-madrid-loan-return

So he has a choice of sorting this mess out in order to find a club next season or return to Spain simply to train and play golf. It's becoming very clear that he will never play for Real Madrid again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh spurs are the only club that would take him in Europe,,,if spurs and Madrid can’t come to a deal he goes back on full wages playing golf in the sun ,,then leaves for nothing happy days ,,,I don’t think he is that bothered about Madrid’s threats of no football,,,they weren’t playing him before he came back to spurs ,,,

really he is taking the piss out of Madrid big time lol,,cos he couldn’t careless about them and crappy threats ,£2.4 million a month lol for not playing football not bad really 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alonso said:

Bale will be here if Mourinho isn’t.  

There is something rotten at Spurs and it’s initials are JM.

end of  

I sort of agree with this, but the rot had already set in to a certain extent before JM arrived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Alonso said:

Bale will be here if Mourinho isn’t.  
 

There is something rotten at Spurs and it’s initials are JM.

end of  

I agree there's something very wrong inside the club at the moment but I also concur with @Cromulentmart that the rot had already set in before the arrival of JM. I think that Levy was worried about Harry and some others leaving unless they saw something positive being done to try and bring trophies to the club quickly. José was hopefully that instant fix. This season will tell if that appointment was correct or not.

As for Bale, he's put himself in a tough spot. He's forced Real Madrid's hand by announcing "I'm coming back", they responded with "Fine but you'll never play for us again" and he's changed his statement to "That's how things stand at the moment, the situation may change". Gareth's biggest love is now playing for Wales and he's used his past glories with us in order to return, train, be match fit and get some Premier games under his belt so that his selection for his country is never in doubt. I don't think it matters if Mourinho is manager at Spurs or not next season. Bale needs to be training and playing regularly  to keep Giggs happy, and if Spain has firmly shut their doors to him his options are extremely limited considering the salary he is earning. More likely RM will come to a deal with Daniel and his loan will be extended by 12 months.

I can see José being granted one more crack at silverware next season and the likes of Kane, Son and Bale agreeing to stay and be part of the plan. If that fails then the club goes into freefall. The manager will be sacked, Bale is contract free, Kane and Son will want out and with supporters back at games the top clubs will be better placed financially to fork out the money such players can demand.

Whatever happens that 'Dead Wood' stagecoach needs to be leaving The Lane this Summer heavily laden with the players that simply aren't good enough to maintain a challenge for major honours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×