Spurs Web
Borodin

Is Harry Planning To Leave ?

Harry Kane: Tottenham striker sparks fresh transfer talk

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12259587/harry-kane-tottenham-striker-sparks-fresh-transfer-talk-roy-keane-says-england-captain-should-move

I certainly would not blame the guy for moving on but with Bale's recent announcement being followed by this hint of unrest from Harry I'm starting to wonder if we are not witnessing some sort of 'message' being sent to Daniel Levy regarding Mourinho's future by the stars of the squad.

I certainly do not feel the club is 'moving in the right direction' and if I was given the choice of losing Mourinho or selling Kane, Bale,Son etc and rebuilding once again then it would be "pay the man and bye bye José.

The timing of all this rumour spreading is also interesting, enough games left for us to put a run together and maybe nick fourth spot plus a huge cup final on the horizon against City. In my mind it would have to be both of those targets achieved for José to keep his job. Sixth spot and no trophy simply isn't good enough and we should bring in someone else to sort the mess out.

The whole future of this football club, for possibly the next five years at least, could hinge on the remainder of this season and the game against City. The question is : Has Daniel got the balls to dump Mourinho if it goes pear shaped or will he allow him to continue on what would then appear to be a certain train crash ?

If he does jump ship now ,,,where will he go ,,,if let’s say Man Utd want him ,,,mr levy will punish them ,,,spurs would want £130 million min ,,mr levy would want £100 mill upfront who ever brought him ,,,who can afford to pay that ????  I do not think mr levy would block the move ,,he would just want the wedge for him,,,,,Madrid can’t do it ,,,psg would have to sell most of there squad ,,,Man Utd would want to pay it over the next 10 years ,,,so it’s only Man City or Bayern Munich 

I would have been a lot more worried 3 years ago ,,not now cos like I say he wants to jump ship it will be to the highest bidder not maybe his choice of club ,,,if it was city good luck to him ,,,he would have to get used to pep dropping him and not him choosing when he wants to play ,,,different set up at City he wouldn’t be the main man ,,just another player under peps guidance.

look if he did leave in the summer then jm goes and maybe sonny aswell as deli Ali ,,,,which could start another bright era in spurs history ,,,our club will always be here players come and go ,,,it might be time for a fresh start for everyone,,,remember Jimmy greaves record will continue for some lad called Dane to work into 

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Harry Kane: Tottenham striker sparks fresh transfer talk

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12259587/harry-kane-tottenham-striker-sparks-fresh-transfer-talk-roy-keane-says-england-captain-should-move

I certainly would not blame the guy for moving on but with Bale's recent announcement being followed by this hint of unrest from Harry I'm starting to wonder if we are not witnessing some sort of 'message' being sent to Daniel Levy regarding Mourinho's future by the stars of the squad.

I certainly do not feel the club is 'moving in the right direction' and if I was given the choice of losing Mourinho or selling Kane, Bale,Son etc and rebuilding once again then it would be "pay the man and bye bye José.

The timing of all this rumour spreading is also interesting, enough games left for us to put a run together and maybe nick fourth spot plus a huge cup final on the horizon against City. In my mind it would have to be both of those targets achieved for José to keep his job. Sixth spot and no trophy simply isn't good enough and we should bring in someone else to sort the mess out.

The whole future of this football club, for possibly the next five years at least, could hinge on the remainder of this season and the game against City. The question is : Has Daniel got the balls to dump Mourinho if it goes pear shaped or will he allow him to continue on what would then appear to be a certain train crash ?

My fear is, even if we won the League Cup and came 4th to be in the CL, I still fear Harry will want out. At times when I see his body language and with others, too often they don't look happy. This, plus reported rumours coming out of the camp about training methods and team selection, add to the underlying fear I have that there is unhappiness in the squad. 

As you mentioned in an earlier thread, Bale allegedly saying he always intended to return to RM was more than strange. Now Harry is alluding to possibilities of leaving which is another odd remark. For a few weeks now, there have been things supposedly said to journos and pundits by players that I don't think would have come from a happy dressing room. 

Are some of the senior players quietly rebelling being unhappy with Mourhino? Who knows. 

I'm with you that given the choice I would prefer Mourinho to go and not our top players. The uncomfortable truth is that if the season ends badly, both are likely to leave so we will still lose our best players. 

We have a run in that more than gives us a chance for 4th place. That said, if my fear that there is unhappiness in the dressing room, will their mindset affect their ability to play to their best. There is no leeway - throw away a couple of games and then it means those we are competing with our rivals for 4th also have to do the same. 

It could run to the wire, also disaster that could be on us by the end of April. 

There is one other scenario which I am dreading. We lose Harry, Sonny and Bale (All match winners) and Mourinho stays!! Please God don't let happen. 

COYS 

1 minute ago, Mr8ball said:

That won’t happen mate jm would go before if it happens the other way round wait for asc3 to come back on line lol 

Snow not melting in hell seems more likely to me M8. The other option, of course, is that he comes back with a list of all the players that have let JM and the club down. Also, those like me have too little knowledge of football to understand what went wrong. 

COYS 

13 minutes ago, Jay Kane said:

Aguero to leave city in the summer,that just adds more fuel to the fire...

Notice Bale backtracking on Sky today about his original statement in returning to Real ? Now he's saying "That's how it stands at the moment" hinting that things could change...it's all hype and bullshit to keep the media machine happy.

53 minutes ago, Jay Kane said:

I just think with augero going,city will move for kane,they have the money and they are the best team in england,he could win the lot with them,when they go for him sadly they will get him.

I just wonder if Harry would rather move abroad instead due to his loyalty to the club. I simply cannot see him running onto the pitch at White Hart Lane wearing City blue...and the thought of him scoring against us seems almost treasonous. I'm pretty sure he'd rather join forces with Poch again.

11 minutes ago, Jay Kane said:

I just think with augero going,city will move for kane,they have the money and they are the best team in england,he could win the lot with them,when they go for him sadly they will get him.

For Stevie Gerrard, in deciding to stay at Liverpool for the whole of his career, the situation was  completely different to Harry's. Stevie already had medals including the CL. Harry loves Spurs and wants to stay but, I'm sure he doesn't want to hang up his boots without any medals. 

I think he gave Mourhino the chance to prove he could make Spurs a top European club. If this season doesn't provide substantial proof that this is definitely going to happen, I can't see Harry doing a Stevie. Nor believe he should be forced into staying. 

I wouldn't hold it against Harry if he left. In fact, if this season leaves us out off the CL I wouldn't want to be the one holding him back from his ambitions. 

COYS 

50 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

For Stevie Gerrard, in deciding to stay at Liverpool for the whole of his career, the situation was  completely different to Harry's. Stevie already had medals including the CL. Harry loves Spurs and wants to stay but, I'm sure he doesn't want to hang up his boots without any medals. 

I think he gave Mourhino the chance to prove he could make Spurs a top European club. If this season doesn't provide substantial proof that this is definitely going to happen, I can't see Harry doing a Stevie. Nor believe he should be forced into staying. 

I wouldn't hold it against Harry if he left. In fact, if this season leaves us out off the CL I wouldn't want to be the one holding him back from his ambitions. 

COYS 

Totally agree and I'd be the first to shake his hand and wish him well. My point was whether Harry would rather not risk damaging his relationship with the club and supporters (which he obviously loves)  and prefer to seek success abroad rather than with another Premier club. There are few clubs who could afford him but PSG is one and if Mbappe does decide he wants a move too then that money could be used to buy Kane.

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

I just wonder if Harry would rather move abroad instead due to his loyalty to the club. I simply cannot see him running onto the pitch at White Hart Lane wearing City blue...and the thought of him scoring against us seems almost treasonous. I'm pretty sure he'd rather join forces with Poch again.

Very true mate he'll go abroad if he does leave but I just think the whole covid situation isn't going to work out of him leaving this summer. 

We don't want him to leave he probably doesn't want to leave and the fairytale was us winning everything this season and as usual it's not happened, if a team like PSG comes.in would he be tempted probably yes but levy would never let him go at a reduced price because of the covid  situation I don't think so.

Unless PSG want to give us a decent price and a few decent players I can't see anything happening that way.

I think if we win the caripoo cup and get top 4 he'll be happy to stay another season at least to see what we're going to do to me if we bring in four world class players get rid of the Deadwood at least show ambition

21 hours ago, Borodin said:

Notice Bale backtracking on Sky today about his original statement in returning to Real ? Now he's saying "That's how it stands at the moment" hinting that things could change...it's all hype and bullshit to keep the media machine happy.

For me, with Harry and Gareth slipping out vague innuendos, I think there is an underlying message somewhere in there. The point is, who is it being directed to? There is a possibility it is the media, but why? Are they trying to throw them off the scent, or using them to put pressure on JM or DL, and if so why? 

I haven't a clue what is going, but I am becoming increasingly certain that there is some kind of unrest in the dressing room and it is probably connected to Mourhino and drawing DL's attention to it. 

If in he next 4 or 5 games results make it quite likely this season is really going pear shape, I expect the veiled rumblings will swell into specific moans. 

COYS 

It is too simple to say that DL can ensure Harry remains by pricing him out of the market. 

If we win the League Cup and finish 4th, the problem of whether Harry goes or stays is irrelevant. Mourinho will have probably done enough to convince the top players he can make the club a top European force. The problem only arises if there is no Cup or 4th place. 

In Harry's case he will have to choose. Is playing in the CL and winning trophies more important, or breaking all the THFC records for most goals enough and risk finishing up without winning trophies. That is something we may never know unless this season turns out to be a failure and the choice has to be made. 

Some believe that Harry loves Tottenham so much, his ambitions will take second place to being a one club player so seeing out his career out with Spurs regardless. Others, like me, have grave doubts this is so. We see an ambition in him that wants success at the very top along with the trophies this brings. 

Harry clearly is a very strong minded person otherwise he couldn't have achieved the success he has so far. I can't see him meekly rolling over If DL tries to force him to see out his contract. I think DL is shrewd enough to know he will have to let Harry go and will drop the price sufficiently so a sale goes through - he won't risk losing a large sum of money. 

We might know more by the end of April or it might not be until we play Leicester on the last game of the season. Regardless of whether we foul up or are successful, it still won't rule out the third option. That is Harry has a secret ambition to play with a top European club and will leave anyway. 

COYS 

I can't see anyone stumping up the reported £150m for Harry this summer and I also cannot believe that he would down tools or put in a transfer request.

I reckon he will still be at Spurs next season, with a few new players also joining. If he then scores another 25 goals in 21/22, he will stay to beat Jimmy's record.

2 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I can't see anyone stumping up the reported £150m for Harry this summer and I also cannot believe that he would down tools or put in a transfer request.

I reckon he will still be at Spurs next season, with a few new players also joining. If he then scores another 25 goals in 21/22, he will stay to beat Jimmy's record.

The recent announcement concerning Aguero leaving Man City at the end of this season makes me think that the groundwork has already been laid regarding his replacement. City are on course for an unprecedented Quadruple and to join such a side would be tempting for any player. Regardless of the current financial situation the club has astronomical funds available to it. All indications are that Haaland will be Manchester bound so that would be one less predator to worry about concerning Harry Kane's future.

I would love to believe that Harry will always put club before self. I certainly think that almost invariably that is the case.

However, all though he will undoubtedly be distraught if he finds himself in a position when he has to take the choice, circumstances may well dictate his decision.

He knows what he wants to achieve from his football career. It will be as difficult to throw that away as leaving Spurs. I'm not prepared to second guess which way he would choose. 

My only suspicion that he may leave, is that lately there have been occasions suggesting there is an underlying unhappiness in the dressing room. I don't think that it sits happily with him. It suggests to me that the results over the rest of the season may bring the decision to stay or leave arise this summer. 

COYS 

5 hours ago, Jay Kane said:

Haalands representatives in barcelona for talks,is Harry city bound now?????:em5:

According to this they have been in contact with Real Madrid too. Expect much , much more like this...'in talks' means nothing and the media world will spin this out for as long as they can.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56607216