Spurs Web
Borodin

Is Harry Planning To Leave ?

Only a tiny percentage of media gossip eventually does happen. 

The point for us Spurs diehards is, will the club reach a genuine top European Club level and win the trophies we crave , and by playing the type of football we love to see.

We were all quite excited 2 years ago as the dream was appearing to becoming a reality. None of us including the pundits and so called journo experts saw it coming. Nor do we  have a sensible explanation why it didn't. DL thought he had found a way to to stop the ship sinking and to get us back on track by bringing in JM. For a brief period it looked as though it was going to work. However, the wheels started to fall of and we are now in a precarious position where it is hanging by a thread.

If the season ends up sufficiently good enough to give the players confidence to stay, all talk of an exodus of top players including Harry will probably stop. 2 or 3 bad results in the run up to the end of the season will quite likely give the top players something to think about. Top players like to play at the top level.  ie for the cream of the clubs and in the CL. Their age will have a bearing on their decision. If they feel that their remaining years when top clubs want them is becoming crucial, they may well want out. 

My own view on Harry is that trophies are high on his agenda. He is just moving into his prime which is a finite period. Some world class strikers have continued playing to their best until they were 40. Some strikers manage to retain their sharpness while others are not wanted by top teams as young as 34/35. Harry has ankle problems. While he is certainly good enough to be one who plays until he is 40, only he knows whether is ankles may be a problem. More importantly, does he want to risk they will last. 

I fully accept he loves the club and one of his ambitions is to be a one club player. That said, I am of the opinion that, without a realistic confidence that Spurs have a manager that will provide those medals, his desire for trophies will take him away from the club. That is why I feel that there is as much chance he will leave this summer as there is he will stay.

I long for the club to return to to the Glory, Glory days level. I also would love Harry to see out the rest of his career with us breaking all the club levels. That said, I am pragmatic by nature these days. Reaching 81 and having seen so many unrealised dreams in my life, I no longer simply hope for the best - I prepare myself for the worst.

Non of us know whether we can win enough games with the rivals losing  enough for us to come 4th. If that happens and we win the League cup, the future could well look bright, Fail and the future, in my view, will take on a distinctly gloomy look - especially in relation to Harry and Sonny remaining.

COYS

On 3/29/2021 at 5:33 PM, Jay Kane said:

I hope I’m wrong,but I think he wants out,can’t really blame him,deserves to win things he is the best striker in the world,Man City could afford him no problem,worrying times.

They are my feelings too, Jay.

There have been clues suggesting this and I am preparing myself for the worst while hoping for the best,

COYS

28 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

That is why I feel that there is as much chance he will leave this summer as there is he will stay.

COYS

Apart from a couple of clubs most have been financially crippled by the Covid restrictions and are unable to raise the kind of money Harry would demand (min £150m). Daniel Levy is also going to give Mourinho one more season in which to sort out the squad and bring in the players he wants and not those he inherited from Poch. I think we will see everyone connected to Spurs do everything within their powers to bring success to the club next season. Player wise that means Kane, Son, Hojbjerg, Ndombele and Rodon being pivotal to the team and the likes of Winks, Dier, Alli and a few others sold to make way for the new arrivals. Bale may stay or not, I don't really think it matters and he will continue to be used as a stop gap whenever required and nothing more. José will be given one more crack at proving himself with this club and he knows it. His pride and arrogance will drive him to show to the Premier league he is still a force to be reckoned with.

Daniel will rebuff all offers for Harry, knowing that one succesful season could be all he needs to decide his future remains with us. Kane will grant us one more chance and do all he can to bring silverware to the table, in the knowledge that should he decide to go after 21/22 season it will be with Levy's blessing and thanks. Son is wanted by Bayern but they are prepared to wait, probable knowing that a potential Spurs exodus will happen next Summer.

My own thoughts are that this transfer window will show just how much faith Daniel has in his manager. He will give him a full rein in which we will see the back four considerably strenghthened by quality rather than bargains. A nucleus of the players I mentioned above will be added to and the supporters will return to the Lane hardly recognising the new set up. Failure will not be acceptable and the axe will fall on Mourinho's era, marking the end of a highly controversial appointment and the club will disintegrate into mid table mediocrity for quite a few years.Success however could herald a new dawn and a bright future with the club finally having a team as magnificent as it's stadium. My money is on the latter as Daniel simply cannot allow all that investment to be lost due to having inferior quality players.

21 hours ago, Jay Kane said:

Haalands representatives in barcelona for talks,is Harry city bound now?????:em5:

Here you go, Barcelona and Real Madrid yesterday and four Premier clubs announced today including Liverpool and Man Utd. I would reckon Man City and Chelsea to be the other two. This story will run and run for the next month or so.

https://www.football365.com/news/raiola-hold-haaland-meetings-liverpool-man-utd-today

I hope they all jump in and get in a bidding war for Haaland,,,Madrid and Barcelona have no money and are cooking the books ,,,chelsea would do it with Man City and Man Utd but the £600 thousand a week wages is way of the mark ,,,look at Werner great in Germany but struggled since joining chelsea ,,,it’s a lot harder in England than Germany or Spain ,,not saying they aren’t very good players but look at the competition in there leagues every match 

6 minutes ago, Dazza1976 said:

Cannot see the team getting top 6 let alone top 4 tbh. Playing terribly and if I was Kane I’d be desperate to leave.

It’s time to support local community team I think.

Great to see you posting again Dazza...keep them coming mate.