Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Dead Wood Stagecoach....

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

53rafx.jpg

Can you think of anyone else who should be a passenger ??

If we listed all of them, we would need 2 more coaches.

Of the few left who are worthy to play in a genuine top European club, they are likely to be playing with different clubs. 

We will be left with the academy players as the basis to build on!! 

COYS 

Most of these players are just not good enough and I would not be sorry to see most of them go, with the possible exception of Sissoko, although the jury is still out for him.

5 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

Stagecoach? I think we need a full on Steam train to carry off the deadwood 

There was a film called Calamity Jane starring Doris Day and the opening scene was of the Deadwood Stage heading into town...then I thought of our 'dead wood' :6:

So Sanchez is your Scapegoat!

Hmmm....?

Sanchez 1395 min. 17 matches, lost 4

Alderweireld 1611 min. 18 matches, lost 6

Dier 1890 min. 21 matches, lost 7

Sanchez is 24 and valued 35 mil

Dier is 27 and valued 25 mil

Toby is 32 and valued 15 mil

Yes, you are absolutely right!

27 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

I like Sanchez he just needs confidence I would keep him in front off dier and toby now if we are rebuilding 

That's what I love about this place...the difference of opinions without it getting nasty. I'd sell Sanchez in a heartbeat. In Nov 2019 he was valued at £54m, that's down to £35m now and it's only going to go one way in the future in my humble opinion. Take the money and run. The guy makes too many unforced errors.

2 minutes ago, Borodin said:

That's what I love about this place...the difference of opinions without it getting nasty. I'd sell Sanchez in a heartbeat. In Nov 2019 he was valued at £54m, that's down to £35m now and it's only going to go one way in the future in my humble opinion. Take the money and run. The guy makes too many unforced errors.

The thing is with Sanchez imo is ,,,the confidence he needs is in his full back ,,,Doherty,,serg ,now tanganga,,,,he must be confused in what each player is gonna do B 

2 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

The main reason we have been poor this season is cos off the unstable defence,,it changes every kin game ,,that’s one place you get sorted 1st ,,,not fuck about with 

There's a lot of truth in what you say.

Mourinho's idea of rotation doesn't keep the same mixture of players in each formation. He makes wholesale changes and chops and changes pairings. We often look like the defence are not playing as though they understand where each should be or who should close down an advancing opposition player. 

That is one reason why I am more likely to blame JM when games are poor for his starting lines ups and substitutions rather than the players. 

I think it was Crom who said the blame lies partly between DL, Mourinho and the players. The 3 are all singing off different hymn sheets. 

COYS 

All of the teams above us have a solid and consistent back 4.

I have watched a fair bit of United this year and its been Wan Bassaka, Lindelof, McGuire and Shaw almost every time.

They have to form a partnership, an understanding of each other and that is nigh impossible if they are constantly chopped and changed.

On 4/12/2021 at 3:40 PM, Alonso said:

All of the teams above us have a solid and consistent back 4.

I have watched a fair bit of United this year and its been Wan Bassaka, Lindelof, McGuire and Shaw almost every time.

They have to form a partnership, an understanding of each other and that is nigh impossible if they are constantly chopped and changed.

My words. No matter who played, Toby and Jan formed a solid central duo as Sanchez and Jan. The reason - Ajax Academy. De Light would have been the missing Link, but we were not allowed to sign him. Great job Levy!

IMO this is also the reason why Belgium always conceded goals, they wanted Kompany and Vermalen as centre backs, but they would have done better with Toby and Jan who were wasted on the flanks.

Apart of that, the language makes a big difference. It sounds strange but statistically we conceded the least goals and lost the least matches when Sanchez played CLB and Reggie along him.

Nevertheless, I wish we could sign a left foot. Still a fan of Hinteregger or Gvardiol for a generation change