Spurs Web
Borodin

PL SPURS Vs Man Utd Sunday 11th April 16:30 K.O.

Tough one to predict, especially after the Newcastle game. Personally I'd happily settle for a point now but I just cannot see us drawing this one. It's three points or none. Given that decision as made then I reluctantly have to forecast we lose. 0-2. Head rules heart....

Tbh it all depends on the player’s attitude,,,are they being crushed by Jose in training,,I think it will be another change in the back four again ,,it might be time to bench Ndombele and start deli as a proper number 10 .

Unified dressing room vs a dysfunctional one. A manager who appears positive and motivated vs one who’s self defensive and critical of his players. A team that is achieving its goals and getting better vs one that is again failing and lacks desire. 
We are going to get battered I think

It’s scarey having no confidence,,when we have one off the best strikers in the world .

the comments from the manager is damaging the players confidence,,same ,,coach different players ???  obvious comment from the rocket scientist 

The game has changed so being the same Coach is a negative in my world.  
Especially when the previous two sets of players had similar outcomes to the ones this “same Coach” is coaching into oblivion now.  

I could give a flying [email protected]&k what he has done in the past but I care deeply what he is doing with this group because they are MY players amd I get the sense he is ruining the lot.

57 minutes ago, Alonso said:

The game has changed so being the same Coach is a negative in my world.  
Especially when the previous two sets of players had similar outcomes to the ones this “same Coach” is coaching into oblivion now.  

I could give a flying [email protected]&k what he has done in the past but I care deeply what he is doing with this group because they are MY players amd I get the sense he is ruining the lot.

Totally agree fella ,,,the fella is living in the past ,,one with his achievements and 2 with his style of football.

i still think he is angry at not being sacked a few weeks ago

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may not be showing signs he is up there with Fergie, but he is getting his squad winning matches - often having conceded the first goal. His squad seems happy to play for him.

Jose Mourhino's record is his team as dropped more points, having led, than any other EPL team! JM, as the manager, can't seem to find the answer but lays the blame on the players who don't see happy to play for him. 

It will be interesting to see who comes out top in this game. I've given up on having hope, stopped using my prayer mat and no longer keep my fingers crossed. I'm not going to hazard a guess.

I will get something right as I think it will be either a home win, away win or draw.

COYS 

It’s funny how Jose says he has to work with shite players ,,,,hmmm ,,,,maybe the players think he is a shite coach and a dinosaur in his methods and they are worth dust ,,,

What plays into our cards UTD will have a match on Thursday which they will win IMO. But its an away match, so Granada will do their best to defend. The match will be physical. 

I‘m not naive and believe in Santa, but I do believe in miracles and the betting mafia. So I go for the win at least a draw.

Man, watching Bayern against PSG, I wish our lads could have only half of their fighting spirit

Just thinking about this fixture and how much Mourinho would probably love to win this and put one over on Ole. These are the matches José loves, ones with a bit of history to them as far as his previous clubs are concerned. There is just one pitfall for the 'Special One' I believe and that is his ability to motivate the team. Following on from his 'same coach, different players' statement he will no doubt have further soured the dressing room atmosphere, which by now must be bordering on mutinous for some of the players.

This performance will show just how much the manager/player respect factor has been damaged by his constant refusal to take any blame whatsoever for recent results. I fully expect a lacklustre effort from a disillusioned Spurs team eager to now see the end of the season. No-one is fighting for a place in the match against City as they know it will be down to the unpredictable selection of Mourinho regarding who gets picked. The guy loves to try and surprise opponents with a mind boggling choice of team and I've no doubt he will do the same on April 25th no matter what happens between now and then.

Having watched United concede and then fight back against Brighton and compared it to us doing the same but then handing Newcastle a draw I can only see us losing this one.

Sadly I must stick by my original forecast and say they beat us 2-0. :12:

Most of our performances against the top sides this season have been of the annoying ‘soak-up-the-pressure’ variety, sitting back, defending deep and hitting teams on the break. Never great to watch although It sort of worked (to an extent) in several earlier matches - although too often our various forwards missed sitters that would /could have won us the match and we ended up losing.

One of exception to this is the match vs ManU which i recall was more open, with us scoring every chance and taking full advantage of Lamela’s antics to win the red card. 

So in this game a more confident attacking ManU side seeking to avenge that earlier defeat will no doubt come at us and dominate possession, whilst we sit back and try again on the break.

So for us to win in this way I feel loads of our players need to be fully on their game, right throughout the team. Unfortunately, Given our current struggles and potential low squad morale, it’s a very big stretch to see that happening.

One positive for us is that we should have a fully fit GLC available, in midfield with NDombele and Hojbjerg. This must surely be one of the best midfields in the prem, on paper! 

Assuming no injuries My team would be:

Llorris, Aurier, Rodon, Toby, Reguillon, Hojbjerg, NDombele, GLC, Moura, Son, Kane. 4-3-3 

Lamela, Bale, Dele and Sissoko to be called upon depending on how the match is going. 

6 hours ago, Borodin said:

Just thinking about this fixture and how much Mourinho would probably love to win this and put one over on Ole. These are the matches José loves, ones with a bit of history to them as far as his previous clubs are concerned. There is just one pitfall for the 'Special One' I believe and that is his ability to motivate the team. Following on from his 'same coach, different players' statement he will no doubt have further soured the dressing room atmosphere, which by now must be bordering on mutinous for some of the players.

This performance will show just how much the manager/player respect factor has been damaged by his constant refusal to take any blame whatsoever for recent results. I fully expect a lacklustre effort from a disillusioned Spurs team eager to now see the end of the season. No-one is fighting for a place in the match against City as they know it will be down to the unpredictable selection of Mourinho regarding who gets picked. The guy loves to try and surprise opponents with a mind boggling choice of team and I've no doubt he will do the same on April 25th no matter what happens between now and then.

Having watched United concede and then fight back against Brighton and compared it to us doing the same but then handing Newcastle a draw I can only see us losing this one.

Sadly I must stick by my original forecast and say they beat us 2-0. :12:

Sad, but I think you may well be right. 

If we do win and stay in the race for 4th, I think there is still the chance the players may carry it forward. Lose and I fear the lack lustre performances will continue and we could finish 6th or even 7th if our rivals finish strongly. 

These players have shown on several occasions when the play well they are formidable. They slaughtered Utd 6 - 1 and beat City 2 - 0. The ability to be a top 4 team is there. The problem lies in the fact they switch off and just don't turn up at ties. 

COYS 

Hi spurvs I have been out of the game for a while trying to keep the kids entertained during the break.

I've been dreading this and the run in all I can say is I think they will give us a whitewash today and muller us unless we can get three up and hold on for a nail biting sit back 3_2 game as we usually do.

It could also be a bore draw, I just hope we attack stay awake in defence and have a go and kane doesn't think he's playing on the hole pitch.

It could be a defining moment we don't know where we could try and still sneak top 4 which is still tight I think someone likes  SISSOKO might come on and surprises and get a tapping and actually be remembered for something special

Coyms

On 4/8/2021 at 7:02 PM, BlockFeet said:

Most of our performances against the top sides this season have been of the annoying ‘soak-up-the-pressure’ variety, sitting back, defending deep and hitting teams on the break. Never great to watch although It sort of worked (to an extent) in several earlier matches - although too often our various forwards missed sitters that would /could have won us the match and we ended up losing.

One of exception to this is the match vs ManU which i recall was more open, with us scoring every chance and taking full advantage of Lamela’s antics to win the red card. 

So in this game a more confident attacking ManU side seeking to avenge that earlier defeat will no doubt come at us and dominate possession, whilst we sit back and try again on the break.

So for us to win in this way I feel loads of our players need to be fully on their game, right throughout the team. Unfortunately, Given our current struggles and potential low squad morale, it’s a very big stretch to see that happening.

One positive for us is that we should have a fully fit GLC available, in midfield with NDombele and Hojbjerg. This must surely be one of the best midfields in the prem, on paper! 

Assuming no injuries My team would be:

Llorris, Aurier, Rodon, Toby, Reguillon, Hojbjerg, NDombele, GLC, Moura, Son, Kane. 4-3-3 

Lamela, Bale, Dele and Sissoko to be called upon depending on how the match is going. 

Totally agree with what you said there we haven't hit teams properly on the break for a long time. Just think the policeman sucked out of them and ndembele got so much potential to run at teams and destroy them and doesn't,  Hojbjerg does everything right except for the Attack part where he could hit a nice dangerous past forward that tends to go sideways or backwards. So much better if Sonny and Lo celso can hit form again

32 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I'm actually looking forward to the game today. I just hope JM selects the right side

Which (just out of interest) in your opinion would be ??

I would love to see

Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Rodon, Reguilon, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Lucas, Bale, Son, Kane

46 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Which (just out of interest) in your opinion would be ??

I would love to see

Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Rodon, Reguilon, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Lucas, Bale, Son, Kane

Probably that but with Hojbjerg playing and one less (Lucas) up front