Spurs Web
Borodin

PL SPURS Vs Man Utd Sunday 11th April 16:30 K.O.

I really hope, the lads will give us something out of the match, with Utd having their double burden. But no, they were disappointing. Sanchez the scapegoat wasnt on the pitch, but we conceded 3 goals. What a surprise! Could it be its not Sanchez who is to blame? 

Anyway, I don’t want to comment on that. I said Mourinho and Levy doesn’t go together. Either you sign a manager like Mourinho and spend big or you keep your concept and hire a coach like Kovac or Nagelsmann who build on a „philosophy“!

For everyone who is interested, there is an interesting thing about Nagelsmann. Even we could sign him (I doubt that, cause we are absolutely shite), we won’t get the players he will want. Cause one reason for his success is his DOF at Leipzig and that is Mitchell. And Mitchell won’t return to us not as long Levy is the chairman of the club!!!! 

I don’t have anything to say that hasn’t been mentioned before,

I know we are lacking quality on our squad 

but

when you have a manager as incompetent as Mourinho you might as well throw the towel in 

I mean who in their right mind would think it was a good decision to swap lo celso & N’Dombele for sissoko and Lamela. 

Sissoko is so far past it, the line is a dot to him. He seriously needs to retire now.

Lamela is not a like for like replacement for N’Dombele, one is a centre mid and the other isn’t.

again Mourinho unbalancing the team and guess what happens we get completely overrun.

Granted fitness levels of the two players substituted are not 100% but I’d rather them both blowing out their arses for 30mins more than see those changes. They are paid enough and cost Spurs more than enough to do it.

The Bale situation is a joke, he could’ve propelled us into the top 4 with more faith from our manager. 

best we can hope for this season is a low finish and no cup win so we can see the back of Mourinho for the least compo possible.

issue with that is we will need European football to be able to attract a good manager and any half decent players to spend the Kane & son transfer fees on.

this is the mess we are in, I have no idea what to think anymore. 

13 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

Howe got Bournemouth relegated didn't he?

He got them from extinction to the Premier League on a shoestring and stayed there far longer than expected , Goal Line technology not working for Villa V Sheff Utd  got Bournemouth relegated 

What has Jose ever done for us!

I don’t subscribe to the defence is shit theory. Defending is a collective. There is no unison between midfield and defence. Think it was Micah Richards who said defending isn’t just about men behind the ball. It has to be done constructively and with purpose. Our players are ball watchers and brilliant markers of space. They do not possess the footballing nous to anticipate overlapping opponents or, when pressing an opponent, it has to be done in packs cutting off options for the opponent in possession. To many times yesterday a player went to close an opponent down and was by passed with a simple wall pass. We made Utd look good. 
Now either that is the manager/coach not doing their job properly and training them accordingly; or it’s the players not having the ability to undertake the instructions. I have a feeling it’s both. Either way we are wank and I fear the future. Can’t stand the thought of 15/16th place again praying for 5or 6 points or so from 4 or 5  games to stay up; after all Klinsman has long since retired so won’t be able to save our skin

4 hours ago, Sumsio said:

I don’t have anything to say that hasn’t been mentioned before,

I know we are lacking quality on our squad 

but

when you have a manager as incompetent as Mourinho you might as well throw the towel in 

I mean who in their right mind would think it was a good decision to swap lo celso & N’Dombele for sissoko and Lamela. 

Sissoko is so far past it, the line is a dot to him. He seriously needs to retire now.

Lamela is not a like for like replacement for N’Dombele, one is a centre mid and the other isn’t.

again Mourinho unbalancing the team and guess what happens we get completely overrun.

Granted fitness levels of the two players substituted are not 100% but I’d rather them both blowing out their arses for 30mins more than see those changes. They are paid enough and cost Spurs more than enough to do it.

The Bale situation is a joke, he could’ve propelled us into the top 4 with more faith from our manager. 

best we can hope for this season is a low finish and no cup win so we can see the back of Mourinho for the least compo possible.

issue with that is we will need European football to be able to attract a good manager and any half decent players to spend the Kane & son transfer fees on.

this is the mess we are in, I have no idea what to think anymore. 

I agree 100% on LoCelso and Ndombele.  Sissoko replacing Lo Celso shows united we are going to sit deeper.  Then, once again Ndombele is removed and once again the opposition scores almost immediately.  My biggest issue is Ndombele because he is fit enough to play 90 minutes and he is, save Kane and Son our best player and he plays in the middle of the park (The MOST important part).  His body language when he is removed every game is the same...he slinks off thinking why me again?

And when he is removed inevitably the balance of the game changes.  It reminds me a bit of the difference between Spurs with Dembele and without.  Even when they aren't playing well and dominating, their removal made/makes us weaker.

I tend to think with Bale, Jose fears he is bigger than him and that won't do for Jose.  He is like those referees that always want to be the center of attention.  Pathetic.  The sooner Jose is fucked off the better.  Until he does, we won't really know the effect he has been having on so many of our players.

I mean with a back 4 as shaky as we have, how can Toby not be playing?  He plays CB for the top Belgium FFS!  He didn't miss his COVID test this week

It's an utter shambles and I can only hope that Levy has finally seen the light.

2 hours ago, Salopspur said:

I don’t subscribe to the defence is shit theory. Defending is a collective. There is no unison between midfield and defence. Think it was Micah Richards who said defending isn’t just about men behind the ball. It has to be done constructively and with purpose. Our players are ball watchers and brilliant markers of space. They do not possess the footballing nous to anticipate overlapping opponents or, when pressing an opponent, it has to be done in packs cutting off options for the opponent in possession. To many times yesterday a player went to close an opponent down and was by passed with a simple wall pass. We made Utd look good. 
Now either that is the manager/coach not doing their job properly and training them accordingly; or it’s the players not having the ability to undertake the instructions. I have a feeling it’s both. Either way we are wank and I fear the future. Can’t stand the thought of 15/16th place again praying for 5or 6 points or so from 4 or 5  games to stay up; after all Klinsman has long since retired so won’t be able to save our skin

Agreed, The defenders are the last line of defence. Most of the defending should be happening further up the park.  We are far too passive and far too willing to allow the opposition too much ground by sitting too deep.  We focus on getting behind the ball too much with passive or no pressure on the ball.  This only invites pressure, and with our current squad which is full of attacking players it does not work. Inevitably inviting pressure increases the likelihood of mistakes.  It has happened all year, no matter which team is on the pitch.  Surely it's up to the Manager to see this and change the tactics.  Yet time and time again we employ the same tactics and time and time again we make mistakes, concede goals, the lions share in the 2nd half and late on in matches and ultimately drop points.  This is not only happening against teams like United that are well known for coming from behind, but teams like Newcastle who will be lucky to remain in the Premiership. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

1 hour ago, Alonso said:

I agree 100% on LoCelso and Ndombele.  Sissoko replacing Lo Celso shows united we are going to sit deeper.  Then, once again Ndombele is removed and once again the opposition scores almost immediately.  My biggest issue is Ndombele because he is fit enough to play 90 minutes and he is, save Kane and Son our best player and he plays in the middle of the park (The MOST important part).  His body language when he is removed every game is the same...he slinks off thinking why me again?

And when he is removed inevitably the balance of the game changes.  It reminds me a bit of the difference between Spurs with Dembele and without.  Even when they aren't playing well and dominating, their removal made/makes us weaker.

I tend to think with Bale, Jose fears he is bigger than him and that won't do for Jose.  He is like those referees that always want to be the center of attention.  Pathetic.  The sooner Jose is fucked off the better.  Until he does, we won't really know the effect he has been having on so many of our players.

I mean with a back 4 as shaky as we have, how can Toby not be playing?  He plays CB for the top Belgium FFS!  He didn't miss his COVID test this week

It's an utter shambles and I can only hope that Levy has finally seen the light.

The only reason I can think of for any sane person to make those substitutions is they want to lose the game to get sacked and get a huge pay off

wouldn’t surprise me with that piece of s*** 

I just can’t see a path to redemption and success for Mourinho at Spurs. A team that consistently and predictably gives away leads after going up and chooses to sit back and try and soak up pressure just cannot succeed. He’s had more than enough time to install his mindset and tactics and he’s failing miserably. This just cannot go on like this with this has been for much longer. We are staring the cobra in the eye right now and the departure of Kane , Son and other players will be the death knell for any aspirations this club has. I personally don’t trust Mourinho’s decision making or ability to rebuild anything. The football this season has been mostly dire and Levy has to pull the trigger and end this nightmare 

I saw my fellow Spurs supporter mate at the gym this morning - the first time since December . He is from London and he and his 2 sons were season ticket holders for decades and Spurs run through his blood. He was spitting feathers saying he was ashamed to be a Spurs supporter, has stopped wearing the kit and no longer tells people he is a Spurs supporter. He said if it takes to cheating to win games by getting players sent off it was the last straw. He has always hated Mourhino and thinks he encourages the players to react like Son did. 

I have to say, I can't really disagree with him. I couldn't believe my eyes watching Son writhing for 3 minutes clearly going for a free kick trying to get a fellow footballer sent off. Then to listen to Mourinho's take on the incident, it left me close to saying, 'sod it' - if this what football has come to, I don't know if I want to keep watching it. It is now rife in every game with players falling over feigning pain and injury for the slightest of contact. 

Oh Well, sod all I can do about it, but I will never condone it. What with VAR and players constantly cheating, I am not enjoying watching football these days. 

COYS