Spurs Web
Borodin

Soldado Returns To Play Man Utd

Remember Roberto Soldado ?

He plays for Granada and will face Manchester United tonight in the Europa League quarter finals. He's 35 now and appears to be enjoying an Indian Summer regarding his career.

Always a fish out of water at Tottenham, he never quite fitted in and his time with us was not a happy one for both parties. I would be delighted to see him grab a couple of goals tonight and give his team a huge chance to go through.

Strangely enough his last game for Spurs was against Man Utd and we won 2-1. Roberto was substituted during the game and replaced by Harry Kane.

Here's a link to a good article about him : https://www.the42.ie/former-tottenham-star-dreaming-of-man-united-upset-5402755-Apr2021/

I liked Soldado and felt sorry for him (as I do for all the strikers brought in to back up Harry). They don't get game time to keep them sharp, and the style we play to for Harry, who is unique and nothing like a No 9, is difficult for them to play to. 

I'm glad he is having happier times. 

COYS 

6 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I liked Soldado and felt sorry for him (as I do for all the strikers brought in to back up Harry). They don't get game time to keep them sharp, and the style we play to for Harry, who is unique and nothing like a No 9, is difficult for them to play to. 

I'm glad he is having happier times. 

COYS 

Soldado was here before Kane had really established himself but sadly 7 goals from 52 league games sealed his fate.