Spurs Web
Borodin

PL Everton Vs SPURS Friday 16th April 20:00 K.O.

Just now, Jamesinashby said:

Please, please, please don't let this be an injury to Harry.

Lose him and our season will be over. 

COYS 

The season is over regardless 

3 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Please, please, please don't let this be an injury to Harry.

Lose him and our season will be over. 

COYS 

Hopefully just a precaution he is limping off slightly I think he would have been in the changing room if it was serious, a week's rest it should be ok hopefully

3 minutes ago, Tonite said:

I’ll take it, holding Everton to a point, away, let’s go home and regroup for our big day .

Southampton first on the 21st my friend.

The most damning statistic of tonight is that we drew 2-2 and three of the goals were created by Everton and the other was a penalty. Harry has two goals to his name but no assists recorded because they were both defensive errors. I take nothing away from the superb manner in which our top striker clinically finished his chances but it clearly indicates our lack of creativity on the pitch.

Hojbjerg giving away a careless yellow so early clearly hampered his aggressive style for the rest of the game, Reguilon with a clumsy challenge allowing them to get back in the match immediately after we score.

My primary concern however is that I see a manager devoid of a plan 'A' now let alone a contingency one for when things go wrong. With a handful of games left he still doesn't know his best defensive line up. I am also baffled by his unwillingness to put Bale on the pitch or perhaps even give the ostracised Dele Alli a chance of redemption. My fear of the teams below us catching up and possibly overtaking us is now becoming a distinct possibility.

All in all a disappointing evening as they were there for the taking. Let's just hope Harry has enough time between now and 25th to get himself fit and well following his late substitution.

Sonny never seems to get into the game much these days.

In the early part of the season they were putting long balls and through balls for him to run on to which he scored from. It was one of the biggest weapons in our arsenal and took us to the top of the league. Since not using him in this manner we have dropped out of contention.

We know we are vulnerable in defence and we cannot afford to not make the most of him. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

I'm fucking sick of your negativity. Nothing is ever good enough. Everything has a downside with you.I'm waiting for you to blame JM for the fucking penalty.

No wonder this forum is on its knees. 

I thought things were picking up in here actually. Lots more posts (and posters). Nothing wrong with some good humoured debate and let's be fair at the moment there is very little to be positive about. I appreciate there are those amongst us who will never see a sunny day ahead for the club but that's their choice. Personally I just cannot see this wonderful club be allowed to go under as a top side, especially not after the massive investment on the new stadium.

I'm sure you will agree that something definitely needs to be done if we are to reshape the team and keep our top players during this Summer's transfer window. It then naturally follows on that Daniel has to determine the best manager to be making those decisions and taking Spurs forward. Whatever happens these are pivotal times for Tottenham and Mr Levy really cannot afford to get it wrong.

Fingers (as ever) crossed.:2074087892_yid1:

28 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Sonny never seems to get into the game much these days.

In the early part of the season they were putting long balls and through balls for him to run on to which he scored from. It was one of the biggest weapons in our arsenal and took us to the top of the league. Since not using him in this manner we have dropped out of contention.

We know we are vulnerable in defence and we cannot afford to not make the most of him. 

COYS 

Agree. It is bizarre that we found a way of winning (or at least scoring) consistently via Son and now we get so little out of him. Still good in bursts of course but we hardly play to his strengths any more. 

On 4/11/2021 at 9:22 PM, Borodin said:

After the performance against Man Utd this is extremely difficult to predict. The way things are right now I would gladly settle for a draw so that's what I will do. This is 2-2 for me

Well at least I got this one correct :l:

4 hours ago, Spurfect said:

God saves Harry and his family. I like the pronunciation of the arab commentator, „Hurry King“

On the TalkSPORT radio broadcast, the commentators both called Jose “ho-say” every time they mentioned him. It was amusing and I wonder if they intended to slight him, as it’s clear they think lowly of him.

They kept mentioning that Ancelotti was coaching from his technical area and Jose mostly was seated and passive throughout, almost cutting the figure of a man who doesn’t know what more he can do.

3 hours ago, Borodin said:

I thought things were picking up in here actually. Lots more posts (and posters). Nothing wrong with some good humoured debate and let's be fair at the moment there is very little to be positive about. I appreciate there are those amongst us who will never see a sunny day ahead for the club but that's their choice. Personally I just cannot see this wonderful club be allowed to go under as a top side, especially not after the massive investment on the new stadium.

I'm sure you will agree that something definitely needs to be done if we are to reshape the team and keep our top players during this Summer's transfer window. It then naturally follows on that Daniel has to determine the best manager to be making those decisions and taking Spurs forward. Whatever happens these are pivotal times for Tottenham and Mr Levy really cannot afford to get it wrong.

Our season since early December has not given us much to celebrate, to be fair. Negativity is to be expected when the results are negative.

On 4/16/2021 at 11:40 PM, Borodin said:

I think its getting worse. If the rumors are true New club holders have been searched, but Levy prevented a sale in the last minutes. Does that mean we will be called in future „AL Tottenham Al Hotspur“? Or will we become a ping pong club? 

Who cares for tradition, „give us the mullah, babyyyyy!“

9 hours ago, KCspurs said:

Our season since early December has not given us much to celebrate, to be fair. Negativity is to be expected when the results are negative.

I agree.

I would clarify my view of posts that that include frustration and adverse comments on how the teams is performing are not really negative. To me, they in fact are positive in so much as pointing out what is perceived as being a reason for not achieving. They are helpful as it provides a guide to what needs changing. 

When things are not working, the reasons why they are not need to be pointed so and changes can be made - not same old, same old with hopes things will change. 

It is the fans keeping the club going and they are allowed to complain if they feel they are being let down. If managers, players and the CEO like to bathe in the plaudits, they have to be man enough to take the adverse comments. 

COYS 

Wins for Liverpool and Chelsea in the next couple of days (19th and 20th) could see us five points behind sixth place. Hard to have imagined at this stage we could be already 5pts behind West Ham and they have a game in hand over us too.

This is when you have to question those that say only the rich clubs can compete at the top. I wouldn't describe the Hammers as a particularly affluent football club, neither would I say David Moyes is one of the best managers out there but you have to admire their current league status, 4th spot just 1pt behind Leicester who are 3rd.

So what is their magical secret ? What are they getting so right that we seem to be failing at ?. Jesse Linguard was an inspirational signing but there has to be more to it than that. Team spirit is obviously high as is confidence and general morale. Player/manager relationships also appear excellent. Could that be our undoing ?

I watch the likes of Ancelotti last night and see someone standing on the touchline for the whole match, animated and shouting instructions, Moyes is the same as are the majority of Premier managers. Then I look at Mourinho sitting down with his writing pad and pen with a face that seems to show complete disinterest in what is going on. Maybe I am over reacting and allowing my anger at our performances to cloud my judgement but the guy genuinely looks like he couldn't give a shit what happens on the pitch.

We reach half time against Everton and you could have predicted the substitutions as soon as the team list went up. It's dour and predictable, not particularly pleasing to watch and I would imagine totally uninspiring to be a part of if you were a player.

Massive job lies ahead and it's vital we have the right personnel selecting the 21/22 crew before we set sail into next season.

As much as we can all blame Mourinho and yes, he should be taking responsibility for the consistent poor performances, I wonder who the hell is responsible for some of the worst big money signings in the history of our football club. N’Dombeke, Lo celso, Sanchez, Lamela, Doherty, Reggy, Moura, sissoko, Hojberg, Aurier!

Blimey we’ve purchased some awful/bang average players in recent times!

Son has probably been our best signing in recent times and we’re lucky our academy produced someone of Kane’s calibre, otherwise who knows who we would have signed to play up front and where our club would be today.

As I have said on here before, in the Army we used to say, "There's no such thing as a bad soldier, only poor leadership. 

It starts with DL and the board of Enic to get in the manager, and then the manager to bring in the right backroom staff. The players have the responsibility to make it work. Those that aren't proficient enough have to be moved down to clubs at their level. Replacements have to be good enough to play at the standard expected of them. 

Spurs have players not good enough to compete at the level demanded of them. That is not their fault, but the blame lies with those who brought them in. 

That is true of any job in life. Not everyone can achieve the highest levels and managers must ensure the right people are given the jobs they are capable of doing . As well as CEOs, there is still the need for a lollypop ladies, cleaners or refuse collectors who are as equally important as the CEO. 

Some of the players have to take responsibility for the club's lack of success. But it wasn't their fault when failing to achieve the results the manager wanted as they can only play to their capabilities. 

It is possible to get a team to punch above it's weight as Leicester and WHU are proving. To me this implies some managers are better than others. Sadly, our current manager hasn't been able to get the weaker members of our squad to do it regularly.

COYS