Jump to content
Spurs Web
Borodin

Carabao Cup Final SPURS Vs Man City 25/4/21 16:00 K.O.

Recommended Posts

Time for the match thread to be opened. As supporters will now be allowed to attend, here are the official details for ticket application.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2021/april/carabao-cup-final-ticketing-details/

My thoughts at the moment on this game are that we will hopefully come away with a respectable defeat. It would take a change of astronomical proportions for Mourinho to lift the current squad morale and I just know he's going to 'tinker' with his team. Strange really when all he has to do is two simple things :

1) Pick your best players available           2) Play to their strengths

Let's just hope player/manager relationships are put to one side and the squad allow their pride to motivate them in putting on a performance worthy of this magnificent club.

My heart says "We can do this, if Harry can get a goal or two" but my head unfortunately brings me back down to earth.

My prediction is Spurs 1 (Kane)  Man City 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I My thoughts are the same as yours. We have proved i the past that, even as underdogs, we can win. That said, we don't do it often enough.

I think the crux will be who the FBs and CBs will be. He makes some strange choices and they rebound on him, and then he blames the players.

Heart says yes and head says unlikely. 

The best we can hope for is ET and then to take our chances in the penalty shoot out.

COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jay said:

If we sit back we will get hammered,it’s a cup final just go for it,coys!!!!

Totally agree but 'just go for it' and José Mourinho do NOT go together. We will be gung ho for the first 20 minutes and hopefully snatch a goal and then you just know exactly what will happen. The longer the game goes on the deeper and deeper back we go until they equalise and carry on to annihilate us. I know I'm a miserable pessimistic bastard writing this but all I can see is at least 1-3 defeat. I absolutely hate myself for having this negative stance and blame only one person for destroying any hope I had for this season, the manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't really have much chance.  

This time it is nothing to do with formations, tactics, team selection or the manager. The fact is that Man City are a much better side than us. We would get one player in a combined 11. Get Fergie, Clough and Bill Nicholson together to plan for this and we would still lose.

Stranger things have happened, but Citeh are 2 or 3 goals better than us and that's that. At the last count, the Citeh squad was worth £810m and the Spurs squad £385m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cromulentmart said:

We don't really have much chance.  

This time it is nothing to do with formations, tactics, team selection or the manager. The fact is that Man City are a much better side than us. We would get one player in a combined 11. Get Fergie, Clough and Bill Nicholson together to plan for this and we would still lose.

Stranger things have happened, but Citeh are 2 or 3 goals better than us and that's that. At the last count, the Citeh squad was worth £810m and the Spurs squad £385m.

It's going to need a City player sent off early in the first half with the score still 0-0 to give us a realistic chance. Then perhaps Harry can sneak a goal and we survive the onslaught that follows. One of the most over rated players in the Premier league is Sterling and he's just the type of player to earn them a penalty. I'd love to see him on a yellow card and then sent off for simulation in our area. I hate the guy and just do not see what Pep or Southgate see in him.

Strange to think of Spurs in a Cup Final and me hoping that for the future benefit of the club we do not win. I'd hate to see José as the first manager to bring success to Spurs after all these years of failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borodin said:

It's going to need a City player sent off early in the first half with the score still 0-0 to give us a realistic chance. Then perhaps Harry can sneak a goal and we survive the onslaught that follows. One of the most over rated players in the Premier league is Sterling and he's just the type of player to earn them a penalty. I'd love to see him on a yellow card and then sent off for simulation in our area. I hate the guy and just do not see what Pep or Southgate see in him.

Strange to think of Spurs in a Cup Final and me hoping that for the future benefit of the club we do not win. I'd hate to see José as the first manager to bring success to Spurs after all these years of failure.

You never know. Remember the CL semi final? lightning may just strike twice but don't hold your breath.  LOL

COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The match officials to take charge of the upcoming Carabao Cup Final between  Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur have been confirmed, with Paul Tierney to take the whistle at Wembley Stadium...

Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistant Referees: Lee Betts and Constantine Haztidakis
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
VAR: Andre Marriner
AVAR: Adrian Holmes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Borodin said:

The match officials to take charge of the upcoming Carabao Cup Final between  Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur have been confirmed, with Paul Tierney to take the whistle at Wembley Stadium...

Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistant Referees: Lee Betts and Constantine Haztidakis
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
VAR: Andre Marriner
AVAR: Adrian Holmes

I think it was a song from Santana called „Marriner, Marriner“, but I could be wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So City lose to a very well organised Chelsea side and prove that they can be exposed defensively. Brilliant tactic by Tuchel to select Werner who was never going to perhaps score a goal but with his pace would always provide chances for Ziyech.

So long balls over the top and incisive runs pierced Pep's back line and perhaps showed Spurs the way to beat them next Sunday. I'm feeling slightly more confident having watched this match but also appreciate we have nothing like the organised defence of Chelsea. We need Harry Kane fit, Son in the mood and a midfield ready to run themselves into the ground. We also need José to pick a solid and cohesive back four if we are to survive their attacks.

I would also like to say that my personal assessment of Raheem Sterling being utter dross and one of the most over rated players in the Premier league was perfectly validated today. He fluffed chances, misplaced passes, was dispossessed frequently and did nothing to threaten all match. Pep must surely act next season and move the lad on.

It will take a superhuman effort to lift the cup next week but we have a chance now....let's grab it !

COYS !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

City played today with the pressure of going for the never yet achieved 4 trophies. That may have played a part in their losing. With that lifted they may be more relaxed against us. Also, Chelsea are currently playing quite well and with confidence if you ignore the strange 2 - 5 defeat to West Brom. I suspect the confidence with our squad is far from high. 

I shall cling to the hope they are beatable but temper it with a sprinkling of realism. 

We have the players to get behind them if they press to high. For some reason we haven't been playing to those strengths lately. If Mourhino keeps to a back 3 which usually finishes up as a back 5, it could be a wasted opportunity. 

When you think back to those handful of games when we were winning in style, we know the side is capable. The question is, which team are we going to get for this match. 

I also don't rate Sterling. 

COYS 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG, I could cry. 

If Mason is as manager as he was as player, we are fucked. This match will be embarrassing! 

Guess, this is the reason Levy wants to play with the big in the super league. But imagine that; we will be the punching ball of the league!

I hope for three things, the CC match is fixed. We see more of our youngsters. The super league is a big bluff to lucrate more money from the uefa

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was dreading this Final even before Kane got injured but hopefully he will be available,  we've just got to be attacking balls out with wing play  and be solid with a back 4 n midfield  ready to take hard work simple blocks and tackles no side words or backwards passing to encourage them attacking forward clinical passing and if debroyn is playing stick to him stop him having any space. 

            Lloris 

Aurier Rodon Alderweireld Reguilon 

   Ndembele celso hoijberg  lucas

        King Kane.   Nice one Son

Bale Dele lamela and even  vinicius to come on and make a difference and I wouldn't leave it till the 90th minute at least 60   

Sneaky 2-1 mighty spurs win 

ct is still available for manager and Dier and Winks would never be seen again....promise :1579412966_emo1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

I was dreading this Final even before Kane got injured but hopefully he will be available,  we've just got to be attacking balls out with wing play  and be solid with a back 4 n midfield  ready to take hard work simple blocks and tackles no side words or backwards passing to encourage them attacking forward clinical passing and if debroyn is playing stick to him stop him having any space. 

            Lloris 

Aurier Rodon Alderweireld Reguilon 

   Ndembele celso hoijberg  lucas

        King Kane.   Nice one Son

Bale Dele lamela and even  vinicius to come on and make a difference and I wouldn't leave it till the 90th minute at least 60   

Sneaky 2-1 mighty spurs win 

ct is still available for manager and Dier and Winks would never be seen again....promise :1579412966_emo1:

Why would you want Channing Tatum? He is an actor mate!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my fantasy, Mason introduces Scarlett who turns out a starlet. The right winger we miss so long. Troy comes back and give us different options upfront. Harvey White overcomes his long range shooting deficits and replaces Winks and Skippy slowly but surely make his way to Englands future captain!

Ryan will come back stronger and more mature from his loan spell and young Lusala will play right. Japhet will be given the chance playing in his natural position! 

But the reality looks different. The starting of the down spiral, the CC. My prediction 6:0 Citeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget the strategizing, if we’ve got little chance anyway let’s go out there and attack like we used to do, and go down swinging if we are going down.

Maybe the boys will win one for themselves :l:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×