Spurs Web
Borodin

Carabao Cup Final SPURS Vs Man City 25/4/21 16:00 K.O.

Possibly De Bruyne out for City and Kane out for Spurs - although neither is confirmed yet. It would be a shame if the final missed these two great players. Our loss would be greater than theirs, because they have such an excellent squad. 

An odd cup final being played by two clubs whose owners, until the embarrassing climb down yesterday, indicated by their actions that this competition means little to them.

It means a lot to me though, and I hope our players feel that too. Not bothered about losing if we go for it and try our best. Glad Jose has gone and maybe Ryan will inspire them to be brave and aggressive.

Im going to assume Kane is playing and we see a 2-1 win for Spurs. That prediction is more with my head than my heart. COYS

I wouldn't mind reading in the papers that Mourinho says we lost because he was sacked...I'd much rather that than have him being able to gloat that it took the Special One to finally bring a trophy to Spurs after all these years.

I'll much prefer it though if we win and then he cannot say anything.

COYS

We can win this....!!!!!

If Harry can't play, I hope he is on the bench so part of the squad soaking up the atmosphere. 

Just as important, if it goes to penalties I'm sure he could take a penalty and we need him for that. 

COYS 

Mason has no time nor the experience to implement any kind of meaningful tactical plan IMO.

he should keep it simple, get the confidence up and pick our best attacking players with couple of DM to protect defence. We just need to attack them in numbers, their defence isn’t great so we might get lucky. Similar to how the CL game went couple years back I think. 

highly likely we will take a hammering but if we go at them and our players are free to be creative we could make a great end to end game. 

im thinking spurs 3 - 5 city if we go for it.

if we try and defend and play counter attack then spurs 1 - 4 city. 

I’ve got a little feeling it’s going to be classic with goals flying in everywhere. Won’t mind losing if that is the case!

Two cheating scumbag owners , two sets of uncared for fans. 

WGAS, give the cup to Brentford 

Haha Dele want him to start, why not, nobody else has grabbed the ball by the horns ,cant do any worse , the rest of the squad got us knocked out of the other two cups, not Winks or Dele, get the English lads in .If we play Ndm and Hjol theyll both get booked in the first 20 minutes and that will cost us , if we play Sisso he'll do something stupid that will cost us .

Dont let the City keeper play with the ball

I reckon we nick this 4- 2  AET

4 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I'm badly in need of cheering up so I am going to read your first result prediction as 5 -3 to us.  LOL

I think we could all do with cheering up. 

maybe Bale will play his best game and be unplayable. I’m normally very pessimistic and everything logically says we will lose hence my two predictions but if we just go for it Ossie Ardiles style....

I just want to be entertained. None of this sit back defend defend bollox and still bloody lose. Go out on our shields, we’ve got nothing to lose. 

I know its a final, but I guess, the question is how serious City will take the mickey mouse cup. To us it would mean EL qualifiers. The prize money is not an amount tempting the sheiks, when PSG is waiting on Tuesday.

Without De Bruyne and maybe two three other players saved for the CL everything is possible IMO. Both teams damaged their image with the SL scandal, but I think City did more harm to their reputation. Its not a long time ago, they were in a litigation, because of ffp! 

To me, its these kind of matches were one team won’t and the other team can’t make the game and that results in a draw. But IMO Pep will not want to go in extra time and rather give us the win, instead of risking injured and exhausted players for the CL match (who will lose against PSG anyway).

If we stand solid in the back (and Levy paid the right people) we may come off the pitch as winners in a very boring cup final. If we see more than 3 goals (if any), only because the match will be decided in the penalty shoot outs! 

But I predict a 1:0 for the mighty ducks. So, there is nothing more to say than, „show me the money, Levy“. Show us the money, bruh!

COYS

Damn, that was precisely. If I‘m right, I will start a YouTube channel as a fortune teller! :D

19 minutes ago, Spurfect said:

I know its a final, but I guess, the question is how serious City will take the mickey mouse cup. To us it would mean EL qualifiers. The prize money is not an amount tempting the sheiks, when PSG is waiting on Tuesday.

This is their fourth consecutive final having won it on their last three appearances. Should they win they will equal Liverpool's record of seven wins and also four consecutive final victories. I doubt very much that they will not be regarding such an opportunity as extremely serious and I'm sure Pep has every intention of trying to create a new record of five straight wins next season.

Be under no illusion, they will not give this Cup up easily.

Tottenham given major boost ahead of Carabao Cup final as Harry Kane trained on Thursday - less than a week after suffering ankle injury

Harry Kane moved a step closer to proving his fitness for the Carabao Cup Final by returning to outdoor training on Thursday.The Tottenham striker completed an outdoor session at the club's Enfield HQ on Thursday to provide interim boss Ryan Mason with a huge boost heading into Sunday's clash against Pep Guardiola's team.Kane didn't join in with the team and trained on his own on the grass, but there is hope their talismanic striker can re-join the squad on Friday or Saturday.

Provided he comes through the next 48 hours unscathed, Mason will be hopeful of involving Kane in his plans for Sunday's Wembley showdown.Kane suffered an ankle injury in last Friday's 2-2 draw at Goodison Park, sparking fears he could miss Tottenham's tilt at their first trophy since 2008.

Link : https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9501627/Harry-Kane-trains-Tottenham-Thursday-major-boost-ahead-Carabao-Cup-final.html

Great news and just the boost the team and manager needed. I'm growing more confident as each hour passes.

:yid5:

42 minutes ago, Borodin said:

This is their fourth consecutive final having won it on their last three appearances. Should they win they will equal Liverpool's record of seven wins and also four consecutive final victories. I doubt very much that they will not be regarding such an opportunity as extremely serious and I'm sure Pep has every intention of trying to create a new record of five straight wins next season.

Be under no illusion, they will not give this Cup up easily.

According to Citys documentary, were Pep stated he wants to break every possible record, you could be right, but Pep also hasn’t won the CL with the citizens.

I also know, how this game is played! Chelsea was in shambles under AVB they lost in every competition and was awful in the league. Di Mateo was put into charge as new manager after they sacked Andre and oh wonder oh wonder Chelsea has won the CL and saved a CL spot for the following season. Of corse, to our regret, cause we lost our spot! Coincidence?

2 scenarios,

1) Citeh is going to tear us a second asshole and ruin our chances on international football, but will lose on their part against PSG who proved their loyality to the uefa. Both clubs are out!

2) the uefa thankfully takes the clubs money, reach an agreement and shows great mercy to their prodigal sons. Everybody is happy but Citeh will lose anyway! PSG possibly wins the CL. Lets see!?

Anyway, if Ryan should win the CC I will rename my Dog and call him Mason!!!

6 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Tottenham given major boost ahead of Carabao Cup final as Harry Kane trained on Thursday - less than a week after suffering ankle injury

Harry Kane moved a step closer to proving his fitness for the Carabao Cup Final by returning to outdoor training on Thursday.The Tottenham striker completed an outdoor session at the club's Enfield HQ on Thursday to provide interim boss Ryan Mason with a huge boost heading into Sunday's clash against Pep Guardiola's team.Kane didn't join in with the team and trained on his own on the grass, but there is hope their talismanic striker can re-join the squad on Friday or Saturday.

Provided he comes through the next 48 hours unscathed, Mason will be hopeful of involving Kane in his plans for Sunday's Wembley showdown.Kane suffered an ankle injury in last Friday's 2-2 draw at Goodison Park, sparking fears he could miss Tottenham's tilt at their first trophy since 2008.

Link : https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9501627/Harry-Kane-trains-Tottenham-Thursday-major-boost-ahead-Carabao-Cup-final.html

Great news and just the boost the team and manager needed. I'm growing more confident as each hour passes.

:yid5:

Tbh, having the CL finals in mind were Harry played not fully fit against a well organized Liverpool team, I rather have Vinicius starting, even I think he is a dork. Harry shoud be saced at least a halftime

13 minutes ago, Spurfect said:

According to Citys documentary, were Pep stated he wants to break every possible record, you could be right, but Pep also hasn’t won the CL with the citizens.

I also know, how this game is played! Chelsea was in shambles under AVB they lost in every competition and was awful in the league. Di Mateo was put into charge as new manager after they sacked Andre and oh wonder oh wonder Chelsea has won the CL and saved a CL spot for the following season. Of corse, to our regret, cause we lost our spot! Coincidence?

2 scenarios,

1) Citeh is going to tear us a second asshole and ruin our chances on international football, but will lose on their part against PSG who proved their loyality to the uefa. Both clubs are out!

2) the uefa thankfully takes the clubs money, reach an agreement and shows great mercy to their prodigal sons. Everybody is happy but Citeh will lose anyway! PSG possibly wins the CL. Lets see!?

Anyway, if Ryan should win the CC I will rename my Dog and call him Mason!!!

Of course this is the point of view of a paranoid supporter who thinks the entire football association is corrupt as fuck. I‘m sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle! 

As one of the 12 apostles said, „get rich or die trying“!

Hmmm... thinking of it, that could also be a quote of 50 cent or Florentino Perez?

25 minutes ago, Spurfect said:

Tbh, having the CL finals in mind were Harry played not fully fit against a well organized Liverpool team, I rather have Vinicius starting, even I think he is a dork. Harry shoud be saced at least a halftime

Harry was out for nine weeks with that serious injury and then thrown into the CL final. This has been a great way to keep City guessing all week. He's only missed one game and I reckon he will be at his superb best on Sunday. He will play the full 90 and get his hat trick in the 89th minute.

15 hours ago, Borodin said:

Harry was out for nine weeks with that serious injury and then thrown into the CL final. This has been a great way to keep City guessing all week. He's only missed one game and I reckon he will be at his superb best on Sunday. He will play the full 90 and get his hat trick in the 89th minute.

Your words in GODs ear!

19 hours ago, Borodin said:

Just thinking that it's probably best to switch the TV coverage on about two minutes after kick off. Then if we haven't conceded a penalty and are still 0-0 we have a definite chance of winning. :em13:

A good idea.

Then again, we don't want us to get the penalty and be ahead as our strength this season, it seems, is to be the champions of being unable to finish as winners. 

That said, same team different manager, so there will be less panic if we score first.  LOL

COYS 

I am choosing to believe the squad will be so buoyed by Mourinho's departure and that they'll have a chance to attack and show themselves, and be so excited to play in a cup final that we will see the Spurs we always should have seen this season, like men freed, running rampant! Yes, I just don't see how City can compete with such talent coupled with the long-needed enthusiasm. Kane fit, our best lineup on the field, a trophy waiting beside it, 3-0 to Spurs!

:cc:

(It's evening here, and I could be forgiven for the above if I had indulged in a few adult beverages. Although I haven't) :dd: