Spurs Web
Borodin

Carabao Cup Final SPURS Vs Man City 25/4/21 16:00 K.O.

We are merely trying to hold out against a siege to this point. Kane seems to be managing his effort when he’s off the ball, he’s not totally fit. We have no attacking threat. We need something that will change the complexion of the match totally, tactically or in personnel.

We’ve weathered a tough first half but it’s time it’s see a team with trophy aspirations rise to the occasion if that’s what we are.

This is the typical game when we just wait for the other to score. Until then, we won't play football. Really don't understand why we should always wait. 

1 minute ago, Jamesinashby said:

Shades of the semi final we won against City to get to the CL final. They swarmed all over us, then in the 2nd half Lucas was on fire and won the tie for us. 

Fingers  crossed it happens again. 

COYS 

Im afraid we won’t see anything from Lucas, this is not the kindergarten kids from Ajax. Lucas is bang average and has absolutely no impact on the game. IMO Bale is a lazy bastard, but maybe he can overcome his primadonna attitude and show us what he is capable of. Lucas is useless in games like that

Well - I thought LoCelso was OK - Winks having trouble going forward and Reguilon not playing too well. 

Aurier has done OK

55 mins and Bale on for Lucas and Ndombele for Winks

Sonny looks quite nervous too

You’d never know that Mourinho isn’t the manager today. I think we’re seeing the Mourinho mindset has been beAten into this team. They’ve got to change up that midfield as Winks and Hojbjerg is doing nothing

5 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

Well - I thought LoCelso was OK - Winks having trouble going forward and Reguilon not playing too well. 

Aurier has done OK

55 mins and Bale on for Lucas and Ndombele for Winks

Sonny looks quite nervous too

Guess he lost his confidence under Mourinho, who turned the team to „a bunch of c**ts“

4 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

You’d never know that Mourinho isn’t the manager today. I think we’re seeing the Mourinho mindset has been beAten into this team. They’ve got to change up that midfield as Winks and Hojbjerg is doing nothing

Kalvin Phillips was my favorite. But our scouts are smarter

9 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

Totally disagree...this is a team under intense pressure and desperately weathering the storm. This is not a Spurs side playing negatively against a weaker side.

I really could not disagree with your Mourinho comparison strongly enough.

3 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Totally disagree...this is a team under intense pressure and desperately weathering the storm. This is not a Spurs side playing negatively against a weaker side.

I agree. It’s a different thing being overmatched versus playing as though you only care that their score line says zero, regardless of what you do.

2 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Don’t like Winks and haven’t been a fan of Hojbjerg recently, but I agree they are under immense pressure and do a lot to prevent the strong city offense to score