Spurs Web
Mr8ball

kings of white hart lane

I've just popped in to get bladdered and drown my sorrows. 

I played bridge this afternoon and came last!!! The ignominy of it!!! 

With Spurs far from enjoyable season, and suffering with Long Covid, I thought I had reached rock bottom and the only way now was up. But no! A bloody trap door opened and I have dropped into the cellar!!! 

Oh Well! At least for a few weeks there isn't the threat of more misery from football, and there is hope of getting a decent manager to start the climb back to being a top 4 team again to look forward to. At the start of every season, I am always hopeful. 

COYS 

2 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I've just popped in to get bladdered and drown my sorrows. 

I played bridge this afternoon and came last!!! The ignominy of it!!! 

With Spurs far from enjoyable season, and suffering with Long Covid, I thought I had reached rock bottom and the only way now was up. But no! A bloody trap door opened and I have dropped into the cellar!!! 

Oh Well! At least for a few weeks there isn't the threat of more misery from football, and there is hope of getting a decent manager to start the climb back to being a top 4 team again to look forward to. At the start of every season, I am always hopeful. 

COYS 

Sing mate the only way is up ,,,famous song from the 90’s ,,,have a large port and brandy my mate with a Guinness,,that should do the trick. Then get ready for the football tonight dude 

M8 this is hopefully gonna make ya chuckle ,,obviously man pub talk lol,,,,lifted a heavy stone with my boss on Monday ( cos he didn’t want to use the lifting stuff we have ) I now have what’s called an angry man hanging out of my arsehole doh ,,got some cream for it phew. Lol then today coming home from work I had a filling fall out lol magic tomorrow I am making our flip skips look like new apparently lol I hate painting and metal can’t wait lol

32 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

M8 this is hopefully gonna make ya chuckle ,,obviously man pub talk lol,,,,lifted a heavy stone with my boss on Monday ( cos he didn’t want to use the lifting stuff we have ) I now have what’s called an angry man hanging out of my arsehole doh ,,got some cream for it phew. Lol then today coming home from work I had a filling fall out lol magic tomorrow I am making our flip skips look like new apparently lol I hate painting and metal can’t wait lol

Try sitting on a bag of frozen peas with just your underpants on, but don't go burning your skin. Seriously mate.. it helps :thumb:

Just now, Borodin said:

Try sitting on a bag of frozen peas with just your underpants on, but don't go burning your skin. Seriously mate.. it helps :thumb:

Lmfao mate when this happened before I had the full works ( angry men hanging out) was walking like John Wayne ,,,the doctor said get some plastic gloves fill them water freeze then cut the fingers off and place on the angry bunch off men ffs I had a Sunday with 5 frozen fingers in my arse magic lol

Here's a cracker for everyone. I was in the newsagents this morning and we were discussing Tesco Online delivery service which we all seem to be using at the moment. Everyone was saying how good it was and how friendly the drivers were, except for one in particular called Liam. General complaint was "He never has the time of day for a bit of craic, it's always just "Good morning" and then "There you go, see you soon" and he's off !

I couldn't dare tell them that the reason is because Liam is a fanatical Spurs supporter and he loves nothing better than having a very quick coffee in our garden and discussing what's happening at the club. Rushing with them helps him keep to his tight schedule :dd:

17 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Here's a cracker for everyone. I was in the newsagents this morning and we were discussing Tesco Online delivery service which we all seem to be using at the moment. Everyone was saying how good it was and how friendly the drivers were, except for one in particular called Liam. General complaint was "He never has the time of day for a bit of craic, it's always just "Good morning" and then "There you go, see you soon" and he's off !

I couldn't dare tell them that the reason is because Liam is a fanatical Spurs supporter and he loves nothing better than having a very quick coffee in our garden and discussing what's happening at the club. Rushing with them helps him keep to his tight schedule :dd:

Does he post on here mate ??

1 minute ago, Borodin said:

No mate he uses a different forum and I cannot get him to change.

Are we to intellectual for him lol joke joke 

2 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Get the wife to sneak out and let his tyres down lol 

Nah he's a really great lad, lives and breathes Spurs. He is praying Galtier gets the job and I tend to agree with him. I think he'd be the perfect fit of the managers out there and currently available. Huge shock him leaving Lille, especially after beating Poch's PSG to the league title. I mean, let's be fair the French Ligue 1 title should be a one horse race with the odds on favourite being the £500m valued PSG. So if i'd rather anyone come to Spurs it would be the guy who outwitted Poch and his millionaire babes, took four points off them in fact.

1 minute ago, Borodin said:

Nah he's a really great lad, lives and breathes Spurs. He is praying Galtier gets the job and I tend to agree with him. I think he'd be the perfect fit of the managers out there and currently available. Huge shock him leaving Lille, especially after beating Poch's PSG to the league title. I mean, let's be fair the French Ligue 1 title should be a one horse race with the odds on favourite being the £500m valued PSG. So if i'd rather anyone come to Spurs it would be the guy who outwitted Poch and his millionaire babes, took four points off them in fact.

I think this fella is the one mate 

3 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

I think this fella is the one mate 

Just posted you some links in the 'Next Manager' thread. Looking like it's Conte :thumb:

Just popped in for a couple of pints before the match tonight. Went out to do the garden at 12:00pm today, strimming and mowing. Normally takes me 3 hours with a quick tea break. Naturally living in rural Ireland one is compelled to pass the time of day with passing walkers, tractor drivers, cattle farmers and cyclists. As James knows a simple "Hello" is considered impolite. One is expected to share the local craic and lay down your tools.

My day has been one of constant interruption and I am now fully up to date with all of the local gossip. Unfortunately acquiring such information took a little longer than expected. I finished about 4:30pm had a shower and then hung up some new curtains for Bren. I am now about to retire to the lounge with an extremely large red as I still have 200 calories available in my daily diet.

I am sincerely hoping that later tonight or tomorrow we shall be announcing our new manager. Fingers crossed lads.

20 hours ago, Borodin said:

Just popped in for a couple of pints before the match tonight. Went out to do the garden at 12:00pm today, strimming and mowing. Normally takes me 3 hours with a quick tea break. Naturally living in rural Ireland one is compelled to pass the time of day with passing walkers, tractor drivers, cattle farmers and cyclists. As James knows a simple "Hello" is considered impolite. One is expected to share the local craic and lay down your tools.

My day has been one of constant interruption and I am now fully up to date with all of the local gossip. Unfortunately acquiring such information took a little longer than expected. I finished about 4:30pm had a shower and then hung up some new curtains for Bren. I am now about to retire to the lounge with an extremely large red as I still have 200 calories available in my daily diet.

I am sincerely hoping that later tonight or tomorrow we shall be announcing our new manager. Fingers crossed lads.

DL actually cracking on and getting things in place early? You're having a laugh. 

24 hours before kick off on opening day with Ryan Mason who thought was getting the job left sick as a parrot. 

COYS 

Chaps I am the proudest dad in the world my boy Alfie had his first job interview or trial at a proper restaurant and he got a job in between his college stuff off the scale chuffed to bits he has tried so hard  love my boy Alfie he is so good at being good 

On 5/26/2021 at 4:42 PM, Mr8ball said:

Sing mate the only way is up ,,,famous song from the 90’s ,,,have a large port and brandy my mate with a Guinness,,that should do the trick. Then get ready for the football tonight dude 

What football mate ??

6 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Chaps I am the proudest dad in the world my boy Alfie had his first job interview or trial at a proper restaurant and he got a job in between his college stuff off the scale chuffed to bits he has tried so hard  love my boy Alfie he is so good at being good 

That's great news mate. No wonder you're so proud, he's done really well.:thumb:

Crying like spurs have won a trophy or the league or played well  lol my boy just wants to earn and work for his money good boy 

I love him so much for just trying  and wanting his own money ,,I wish ya could meet him such a good boy 

It’s so hard for boys his age to get jobs ( only 17 ) it’s really impressive he is willing to bike 8 miles to work then home 16 miles a day and work  amazing for £30 a day 

Just sat and watched a new film that's out called Nobody. It's awesome but very, very violent. On for an hour and a half and the time just flies.

All about a seemingly everyday guy who is anything but as you very soon realise.

Goes great with a few beers but don't ask the wife to join you...

Just stopping in at the pub here to say hello, it's been a while. I've been doing a long distance move, have started a new job, and we just purchased a new house so things have been crazy. Truth be told, the stress has been getting to me a lot and I'm ragged at the moment. I have trouble with anxiety a lot, and am trying to beat it down again now. Only the passage of time seems to make it subside.

The positive side is that I've been spending tons of time with my father and it's been a real blessing. Through all the stress and anxiety, it's been worth it just to be close to him again.

Hope you are all doing well, and that we have a new manager soon!

2 hours ago, KCspurs said:

Just stopping in at the pub here to say hello, it's been a while. I've been doing a long distance move, have started a new job, and we just purchased a new house so things have been crazy. Truth be told, the stress has been getting to me a lot and I'm ragged at the moment. I have trouble with anxiety a lot, and am trying to beat it down again now. Only the passage of time seems to make it subside.

The positive side is that I've been spending tons of time with my father and it's been a real blessing. Through all the stress and anxiety, it's been worth it just to be close to him again.

Hope you are all doing well, and that we have a new manager soon!

Wow you have been busy but really good that you've been able to make so many happy memories with your father. These are times which you never get back so make the most of them.

Stress is something we all undergo but when it's mixed with anxiety as well then it can cripple you for a good while. It's something you have obviously learnt to recognise and deal with over the years. Keeping it under control is the key to eventually mastering it. Feeling pressure is one thing but worrying constantly about things happening is a totally different problem.

Hope the new job is going well and you are settling into your new home. Thanks for popping in and keeping us up to date. Have a pint on me.

Look forward to seeing more posts from you. Exciting times !!