Spurs Web
Mr8ball

kings of white hart lane

On 6/7/2021 at 6:07 PM, Mr8ball said:

Just having a pint ,,,just had to explain to my eldest son ( Alfie) that his great great Nanna might not wake up ,,cos she has been asleep for 2 and half days now ,,,kin crap 

Having a pint in pain lol,,,but my boy Alfie can now make the short bread and short cake for great Nanna ,,,the warrior has woke up ,,and is going home tomorrow,,,happy days ,,

11 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Having a pint in pain lol,,,but my boy Alfie can now make the short bread and short cake for great Nanna ,,,the warrior has woke up ,,and is going home tomorrow,,,happy days ,,

That's great mate, seems everybody is getting positive news today :thumb: Let's hope Levy gets some too, very, very soon.

7 minutes ago, Borodin said:

That's great mate, seems everybody is getting positive news today :thumb: Let's hope Levy gets some too, very, very soon.

I had positive news after the video doctor call ,,,I will be in lots  of pain for the next 4 days ,,at least it was honest lol

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

God bless that lady..

On 6/3/2021 at 11:17 PM, Borodin said:

Wow you have been busy but really good that you've been able to make so many happy memories with your father. These are times which you never get back so make the most of them.

Stress is something we all undergo but when it's mixed with anxiety as well then it can cripple you for a good while. It's something you have obviously learnt to recognise and deal with over the years. Keeping it under control is the key to eventually mastering it. Feeling pressure is one thing but worrying constantly about things happening is a totally different problem.

Hope the new job is going well and you are settling into your new home. Thanks for popping in and keeping us up to date. Have a pint on me.

Look forward to seeing more posts from you. Exciting times !!

Thanks bud, I have anxiety problems that are under control about 98% of the time, but that other 2% are not enjoyable days!

I am 40 now and my dad is 65 so he’s not really old yet, but I am very aware that I need to make the most of my time with him, since tomorrow is not promised to any of us. 

If anything is going to be the death of me it’ll be this move though! It’s a good thing for my wife and I, we are leaving Minneapolis (that place has gone to pot as everyone knows) and moving back to my home city.

At least with the new home I’ll have plenty of DIY to do, so I can vent my frustrations at the Spurs managerial vacancy or the local baseball team by hammering some nails! 

On 6/12/2021 at 6:01 PM, Mr8ball said:

Wow how shit is this Christian ericksen collapses horrible gutted 

I'm back in a pub lining up a Guinness for @Borodin

Yes so happy he's up and talking now that was a horrible thing to happen I wonder if he'll play again if he's got heart problems or whatever the cause was. I suppose this is quite rare but it has happened before maybe there certain test they should do on players to make sure they're ok

13 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

So I'm back in here because I lost the thread and also I posted one on the general forum to say thanks for everyone here chatting as usual were support for each other.

I did post a thread save our Spurs SOS long time ago it's quite relevant again now:em8:

I'm still waiting for my pint here :em6:

5 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

So I'm back in here because I lost the thread and also I posted one on the general forum to say thanks for everyone here chatting as usual were support for each other.

I did post a thread save our Spurs SOS long time ago it's quite relevant again now:em8:

I'm quite happy to have a pint here here with you, Craig, but I wish you wouldn't get so mardy when I keep thrashing you at darts and pool. LOL 

COYS 

25 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Am shooting the bar ,,,fellas and ladies,,,,,have what ya want ,,,,I am 50 today yay made it lol

Pint of Guinness please and many, many congratulations my friend from all of us here :thumb:

5dl1cf.jpg

3 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Pint of Guinness please and many, many congratulations my friend from all of us here :thumb:

5dl1cf.jpg

Cheers dude ,,thanks so much for the cake it’s great ,,,,am going to the Rathmore club soon and the bookies yay ascot 

I'll just sit in here getting myself quietly blotto after reading the latest episode in this fiasco of a story regarding our new manager. It is embarrassing and an insult to this club that Levy can somehow allow talks to reach such an advanced stage with candidates before them being cancelled due to matters that should have been first on the agenda.

Had a good good drink yesterday,,,proper drink lol ,,,,at 1 pm 27 mad jocks turned up lol all staying in the Rathmore,,,all going racing at Newmarket today ,,,I left at 5 pm with my boy Alfie ,,,I had more than a gallon these fellas were on fire 

I have just popped in for a grumble. 

Having had 2 copeable days followed by 2 not too bad days, I have been able to be active enough for 4 days and able to get out of the house. 

For no apparent reason this morning I am feeling wretched. I felt so weak when I woke up. My calf and leg muscles felt so weak I  could feel gravity pulling my muscles earthwards. Just trying to roll from my side onto my back was such an effort it left me gasping for air. I was having to breath deeply and more quickly through my mouth just to get enough oxygen in my body. 

The scarring on my heart has reduced it's elasticity. That means it can"t stretch enough to expand to it's full capacity, so each heart beat isn't pushing out enough blood to carry sufficient oxygen into my body so the muscles  lose efficiency and strength. Theoretically the heart would beat faster to compensate for this. For some unknown reason. my normal heart rate of 61 to 63 has dropped down to 56!!

Sadly there is sfa they can do to to deal with this nasty little beast. The only way of combating it is to stop you getting it by increasing  the antibodies in your body. Thankfully, it will be be pretty effective once we all have had 2 jabs and, hopefully, in the future a booster. That should mean only around 10% get it and only 1% of those get Long Covid. 

The concern, of course, is it can mutate and new strains spread faster and may be more virulent. The big fear is if a new strain is immune to the vaccine. 

For this country to be safe with a return to some form of normality, in my opinion, is not as close as people think. The pandemics with SARS and MERS were, in fact, localised, unlike this Coronavirus which is worldwide, and in all of the continents. Until every country in the world battling is vaccinated, it will be necessary to impose restrictions of some form. Add to that, there are millions who will insist on ignoring advice and travelling between countries and meet in mass gatherings will continue and that is how the virus spreads. 

Anyway, enough of my ranting. I am not stressed out and I do not have a mental health problem, but I am human (Oh yes I am smart arses), so I have emotions and today it is one of feeling pissed off  - you all know the feeling being a Spurs supporter - especially over the last 2 seasons.

I may not get over it, but I will not give into it. I shall still pop in to our virtual pub and post my drivel on here on the days I feel up to it - perhaps not today as it is quite knackering sat in my armchair typing this! I thought I have felt utterly wrecked in my life before, but believe you me, how I felt then was a walk in the park to how I feel on a bad day like today - even sitting down or lying in bed is exhausting with aching muscles and being continually breathless. For those who had to be on oxygen or put in a coma in hospital, it must have made them feel suicidal, ironically, I am one of the lucky ones. 

COYS