Spurs Web
Borodin

PL SPURS Vs Southampton Wed 21st April 18:00 K.O.

I happily sit here with egg on my face and eating humble pie for my earlier pessimism. 

That win will restore the confidence that was in short display of late. 

I am feeling happier for the rest of the season. 

COYS 

1 minute ago, Jamesinashby said:

I happily sit here with egg on my face and eating humble pie for my earlier pessimism. 

It's an egg pie then is it ?? :1579412966_emo1:

If nothing else at least we put some effort in during the second half which is something we have not done for ages. Two VAR decisions and both spot on for me. Moura blocked the keeper's view and the foul was over the penalty box line. You would struggle to find the last time we came back from losing during the final 45 minutes. Normally we are winning and then concede.

Glad to see Bale get a full run out and I just have a sneaky suspicion Harry will be fighting fit for Sunday. Son looks his smiley self again and if we can sort out a workable defence line up then we have a great chance to beat City. We go 6th and it eases the pressure from Everton, Arsenal and Leeds but Liverpool now have a game in hand over us and are also on 53pts. They have Newcastle on 24th (3 pts surely ??) but must travel to Man Utd on May 2nd.

This could end up a season to remember...for all the right reasons.

listening on radio we rode luck there with the var we were lucky because they lost ings and momentum.

At least it'll help confidence was surprised he didn't bring Dele on though.

Sorry my still sneaking the top 4 win the cup and the Super League if we're the only team left in it

9 minutes ago, Borodin said:

It's an egg pie then is it ?? :1579412966_emo1:

Absolutely, and made with stinking bad addled eggs to heighten the degradation I so deserve. 

In the future I will try and engage brain before posting.  LOL

COYS 

7 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Absolutely, and made with stinking bad addled eggs to heighten the degradation I so deserve. 

In the future I will try and engage brain before posting.  LOL

COYS 

Let's hope your comments don't allow clubs to 'poach' our players or have us 'scrambling' for a top 6 finish. Last thing we want is Ryan molly 'coddling' the players or coming 'over easy' in the dressing room. We need to keep the 'sunny side up' without the manager needing to walk on eggshells for fear of annoying the top players.

If Spurs can do all that I reckon we've 'cracked it' .

This article refers to a "Tottenham Fightback" which is something we have not seen this season. Headlines were normally "Spurs concede last minute equaliser" or "Spurs fail to hold on to lead". So for all the negatives some may draw from the performance let us at least take solace from the fact that we came out second half a goal down and came back to win 2-1.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56383512

That, Mr.Mourinho is something you just could not inspire the players to do, it involves confidence and self belief which you systematically destroyed slowly but surely. Well now you have gone.......... it's back !!

:2074087892_yid1:

It was nice seeing Bale upbeat and happy and him mentioning us being on the front foot and attacking more is obviously what RM was saying to them half time and the rest of the players all agreeing ,funny how Mourinho never learnt to push that point 

51 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Let's hope your comments don't allow clubs to 'poach' our players or have us 'scrambling' for a top 6 finish. Last thing we want is Ryan molly 'coddling' the players or coming 'over easy' in the dressing room. We need to keep the 'sunny side up' without the manager needing to walk on eggshells for fear of annoying the top players.

If Spurs can do all that I reckon we've 'cracked it' .

some very poor yolks in there....... Come on you whites !

After the dull football we’ve witnessed for most of the season, that was a refreshing change, second half at lest when it clicked and I thought we dominated. 

Stats aren’t everything but we had MORE POSSESSION  (62%) than the opposition for once and MORE SHOTS AT GOAL than they did. We didn’t just sit back deep for once and the players tried to make things happen.

Good work Ryan Mason at half time and well played Spurs for turning that one round.

I’m now looking forward to sitting in a pub beer garden near Bingley on Sunday with two other Spurs fans, watching the match on our phones! COYS 

Poor first half, but I think we have to understand why. Remember 5-2 vs Soton few months ago? It was the same situation. They start the game with lot of energy and pressing very high, it's obvious that we can't play our football in these circumstances. Then in the second half they just can't keep the same tempo and we finally start to play something. It is the same situation with Lpool, just watch them, they are like rabbits in the first 65 mins (difference vs Soton is that Lpool have more energy). If you resist for 65 mins, then you can smash them. They simply can not keep that tempo for 90 mins. 

Bale proves again that he is brilliant. What a player! This win means oxygen for the team, don't believe we have any chance vs city cos we don't. Mason is too young to build respect in the team, but I believe he can free the spirit to enjoy playing football.