Spurs Web
Borodin

PL SPURS Vs Southampton Wed 21st April 18:00 K.O.

Huge objective is to have everybody important fit after this match and available for Sunday's final. Let's hope Harry has fully recovered but is allowed to sit this one out.

I would like to see some of the fringe players have a chance because after the Everton game I just cannot see us catching the top 5 clubs now. Maybe also give Dele Alli an opportunity to have a full 90 minute work out.

José has to select his squad with the City game in mind. I believe he is now relying on the Cup Final to keep him in a job and will be quite happy to sacrifice two points in this match and just take the one.

My prediction is therefore an unexpected team selection and a 0-0 draw.

This is difficult to decide the priorities for JM.

Does he put all his eggs in one basket and gamble on saving his best side to win the cup? Does he not risk losing to Southampton to reduce the possibility of finishing 8th or 9th? Does h go for a half and half compromise and risk not winning the up and still finishing 8th or 9th?

I am all too often surprised at his team selection so have no idea ho to guess the result. 

I'll hope for the win, settle for the draw and be gutted with a defeat. 

COYS 

The only game we have a chance to win is against sheff utd. Sure, we can win one more this season if we are lucky enough. 

11 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

By the law of averages you may be right, Jay. Surely we will win one eventually.   LOL

COYS

I misread your post James and thought, you meant by the law of the avengers

Yes, we could really need a little help from Tony Stark and his fantastic team of super heroes!

Spiderman, the incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Dr. Strange, the Black Panther.... even the Pink Panther. I would take all of them. Right from the spot! 

On 4/17/2021 at 8:32 PM, Mihai said:

The only game we have a chance to win is against sheff utd. Sure, we can win one more this season if we are lucky enough. 

I mentioned earlier we had a tough run in apart from Sheff U and didn't hold up much hope we could get enough points for 5th or 6th.

My hope is that spirits will lift in the squad with Mourinho gone, and with a new coach playing a different style, there is now a better chance of winning games. 

Tonight's game with Southampton will give us a clue. The rivals may well drop points ( Chelsea dropped 2 last night) so if we did put in a decent run, the season just could finish on a happier note - not guaranteed, but a slight glimmer of hope. 

COYS 

Yes chance for the players to shine tonight and some of the fringe, unused players hopefully Rm will use a few like Bale and Dele.

And I want ice but I just hope he doesn't pull winks back and or with dire.....consequences 

And confident attacking 3-0 win would be good lift the team for Sunday

3-0

That's probably as good a team he could have chosen. The full backs are much of a muchness and Dier would only be replaced by Sanchez. 

Not every position has an automatic choice, so it is anyone's choice who fills the slots which can only be filled by players with a record of being guilty of mistakes in defence. 

Even without Harry, I think this team can win. 

COYS 

Big question is just how long does Bale stay on the pitch ? If he does the full 90 then it does make you wonder why he hasn't before...

COYS !!

Lloris saved us there defences started shakey again. 

Not happy not having Rodon on in instead of dier. And Lucas upfront on his own the little man it should have been vinicius with Lucas they've got a good pairing together.