Spurs Web
Jamesinashby

European Super league

42 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

A friend has told me that DL has passed a message on to the meeting of the 14 EPL clubs via his friend the Brighton CEO that he only  signed up for the Super League to lever control over EUFA and he's now shocked the hostility it's caused. 

Spurs the first club to leave the Super League?  

COYS 

Maybe he thinks will get the deposit back with some interest stingy git

4 hours ago, Borodin said:

The hypocrisy of all this absolutely disgusts me. I watch Neville and Carragher on SKY Sports get paid handsomely to bang on about how wrong it is and it will destroy grass roots football. Are you honestly trying to tell me that the instigators of this Super League have not approached media companies like Sky to see how much they would be prepared to pay them in order to show the matches ??. or are we to believe they have simply been given $6 billion by the bank without submitting any kind of business plan or profit forecast ??.

Although I am also reliably informed that they seem to have backing from streaming services and an American sports company as it’s an American bank and they will use ESPN to show the games.

There you go it was all a plan to get the TV money bumped up even more from the competition, literally Disney Mickley.mouse league 

53 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

A friend has told me that DL has passed a message on to the meeting of the 14 EPL clubs via his friend the Brighton CEO that he only  signed up for the Super League to lever control over EUFA and he's now shocked the hostility it's caused. 

Spurs the first club to leave the Super League?  

COYS 

Not the first. It has just been on the news that Chelsea are looking at how to withdraw!!!! 

I think this new league is starting to collapse by fan pressure. 

COYS 

I think it was a case of FoMo for Spurs. If Levy had said no, you can see Leicester, Everton or Wet Spam jumping on board with both feet.

The sooner Spurs get out of it the better as far as I am concerned. It stinks.

What I don't understand is how these supposedly shrewd businessmen didn't foresee the backlash.

I did say right from the start that the fans would be the key to stopping it. Hopefully this will totally kill the idea of there ever being a break away Super League. 

COYS 

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Regardless of what’s happened,levy needs to go now!!!!

That would give a wonderful opportunity of a whole new era at the club. Maybe this will be his exit....

Just now, Jay said:

Woodward resigns as Utd chairman,reports...

Let us hope that DL follows suit.

I don't care what he has done in the past. I shall never forgive him for sullying the name of THFC and for agreeing for giving the club away  from the supporters in this secretive manner. 

DL is too close to the Americans and being led by the nose by them. We now know that he has little feeling for the fans. 

COYS 

1 minute ago, Borodin said:

That would give a wonderful opportunity of a whole new era at the club. Maybe this will be his exit....

Isn’t Levy a part owner?

As I said, and many others, as soon as I heard the proposal, it was never ever going to happen. 

They’ve all disgraced themselves and those clubs reputations will be tarnished by greed and/or stupidity of a few men. 

I think DL should seriously consider his position but then again we’re hugely in debt so that might make matters worse. 

44 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

But if Spurs withdraw from the ESL that means we’ll need to make the top 4 again. Quick Levy - get Jose back!

If we are the last ones to leave does that mean we've won it ??