Spurs Web
Mihai

Mou sacked

While I have never liked him and wanted him gone, the timing of this is beyond comprehension! Why would levy pull the trigger a week before a cup final?

18 minutes ago, Mihai said:

I would take only Bale, Kane, Son, Anderw and Hojb. With me, 6. :) 

Tanguy to do a ‘jog past’ visit and stick his head over the fence to say hi?

40 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

While I have never liked him and wanted him gone, the timing of this is beyond comprehension! Why would levy pull the trigger a week before a cup final?

Because the only chance of motivating the team and selecting the best players available was to get rid of him now. It's given the squad a massive morale boost and hopefully will have them fired up to beat City. Also Daniel could not risk us winning it under Mourinho's management as I would imagine it would have cost more to sack him plus it would have looked strange sacking someone who has brought the club it's first trophy for years.

Wonderful move by Daniel Levy, really glad he's had the balls to do it !

8 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Because the only chance of motivating the team and selecting the best players available was to get rid of him now. It's given the squad a massive morale boost and hopefully will have them fired up to beat City. Also Daniel could not risk us winning it under Mourinho's management as I would imagine it would have cost more to sack him plus it would have looked strange sacking someone who has brought the club it's first trophy for years.

Wonderful move by Daniel Levy, really glad he's had the balls to do it !

the dick for brains should never have made his last move and bought him in, Levy has to go, this clubs gone nowhere under him really, yeh nice stadium but every time he needed to make a big decision hes made the wrong one and only ever for the financial reasons not for the fans 

43 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

rumour is Jose refused to take training following Spurs joining the ESL, whether true or not I dont know 

I read that too but I can't believe the guy would refuse a massive pay off by doing such a stupid thing.

1 minute ago, Audere Est Facere said:

the dick for brains should never have made his last move and bought him in, Levy has to go, this clubs gone nowhere under him really, yeh nice stadium but every time he needed to make a big decision hes made the wrong one and only ever for the financial reasons not for the fans 

I agree but at least he's put his hands in the air and done something about it. The timing is also perfect, it deflects attention from the Super League announcement, stops Jose having any chance of being the manager who at last brings us a trophy, provides a massive boost to the squad who must be glad to see the back of him and surely increases our chances of turning City over on Sunday.

I don't concur with very much Daniel does but today he appears to have done something right for a change.

56 minutes ago, Borodin said:
56 minutes ago, Borodin said:

It's my birthday today and this is by far my best present  :878542164_emo2:

Jose Mourinho: Tottenham sack manager after 17 months

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56799400

Happy birthday, Borodin. 

Sadly, for me, this morning I am still breathless, achy and tired. 

However, my fed up mood has suddenly turned to Euphoria. 

I have changed my opinion about the run in for the rest of the season. I am now hopeful that we could beat City. Also that we could actually win most, if not all of our remaining EPL matches as I firmly believe the spirit will return to the players and they will play to their potential and we may possibly finish 5th. If that happens, then there is a possibility Harry and Sonny may stay.

For the first time this year I am feeling positive as I have always felt our under performance was down to Mourhino. It also has taken away some of the disappointment of reading about Spurs being one of the 12 wanting to set up a super league. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, USSpurs said:

I suspect he has no confidence that Mourinho could get the team to win. I think he had already made up his mind to sack him and didn't and want to give him a chance to claim he managed to get the club to win something. 

As the team has underperformed since the middle of January, DL has nothing to lose by getting rid of him, but has given the squad the chance to rescue something from the cup and the last 6 EPL games. Simply put, he has totally lost faith in him. 

Just another way of looking at it. 

COYS 

Good point, if Mourinho didn't want to train the team because of the new league circus, maybe Levy found the perfect moment to fire him, something related to this kind of subject to be written in the contract :) 

4 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Good point, if Mourinho didn't want to train the team because of the new league circus, maybe Levy found the perfect moment to fire him, something related to this kind of subject to be written in the contract :) 

Why in the World would a manager with such a massive ego not wish to be in charge of one of the top six Super League teams ? It just doesn't make sense. There is no way he would refuse to train the team and give Daniel an inexpensive escape route. This has been carefully orchestrated by Levy to deflect attention from the Super League announcement and give the team a fighting chance to beat City. Ryan Mason will act as caretaker now but I would not be surprised if the new manager was announced very soon and his name was Nagelsmann.

569ez8.jpg

As per my recent'ish post, I haven't been posting since Jose was appointed as manager - I just had a feeling that he would take us back in terms of progress and we would stop playing attractive, attacking football - pretty much the same as when that gooner took temporary charge.

Well, now that he's gone I'll try and get into the habit of posting more often.

I know that Nagelsmann (RBL manager) has been touted as potential next manager, but I haven't heard Eddie Howe being mentioned. EH is supposedly off to Celtic, but I believe that has been dragging on for a while - maybe waiting to see what happens with Jose? 
Roy Keane would be a good one to give everyone a good kick up the backside, but that won't happen.

6 minutes ago, GPK said:

As per my recent'ish post, I haven't been posting since Jose was appointed as manager - I just had a feeling that he would take us back in terms of progress and we would stop playing attractive, attacking football - pretty much the same as when that gooner took temporary charge.

I know that Nagelsmann (RBL manager) has been touted as potential next manager, but I haven't heard Eddie Howe being mentioned. EH is supposedly off to Celtic, but I believe that has been dragging on for a while - maybe waiting to see what happens with Jose? 
Roy Keane would be a good one to give everyone a good kick up the backside, but that won't happen.

Yet another benefit from Mourinho getting sacked, welcome back GPK . Just in time to celebrate the Cup win on Sunday I hope :em13:

I suspect Jose anticipated how the news of the EPL would be received and engineered his own sacking by kicking off. That would be his modus operandi and suggests that there is something in his contract that prevents him getting paid out anyway. He ha enough money and can leverage the fact he stood up for little guys. 

Football and the people that run it sold out years ago but this is a new low. We’re in a sticky situation now with stadium to pay for and I see trouble ahead, the vultures will be circling spurs

54 minutes ago, GPK said:

Roy Keane - you having a laugh!!

9 hours ago, Dazza1976 said:

I suspect Jose anticipated how the news of the EPL would be received and engineered his own sacking by kicking off. That would be his modus operandi and suggests that there is something in his contract that prevents him getting paid out anyway. He ha enough money and can leverage the fact he stood up for little guys. 

Football and the people that run it sold out years ago but this is a new low. We’re in a sticky situation now with stadium to pay for and I see trouble ahead, the vultures will be circling spurs

Sorry but even José isn't stupid enough to shoot himself in the foot like that as it would deny him the chance to ever be considered as a Super League team manager if he was seen to oppose the idea so openly. BBC sports news reports : "On Sunday, Tottenham were one of six Premier League clubs to announce they were joining a new European Super League, but it is not related to Mourinho's sacking."

There is little doubt in my mind Levy sacked him in the hope this week Ryan can inject some positivity into the team ready for the City match. Be interesting to see who plays against Southampton. This Super League was first mentioned by Arsene Wenger ten years ago. It offers the club a chance to wipe out it's current debts (£3 billion pot for the founding members) and secure a massive pay day for the naming rights which are still up for sale. The last thing Spurs would be in is a 'sticky situation' financially if it goes ahead.