Spurs Web
Mihai

Mou sacked

10 hours ago, Mihai said:

Not official yet but it seems it's finally done. 

Thank God. At least now I'll be able to watch Spurs again. Win or lose, positive football. 

Loads of stuff in the press and on TV and we have no way of knowing the full story but 3 interesting items that caught my attention were:-

1. Since JM started at Spurs, we have gained the 4th best total of points.

2. There is talk that although Mason is being touted as stand-in until the end of the season, an early appointment is not out of the question.

3. The players most disappointed about Mourinho's sacking were Kane, Son, Hojbjerg and Moura.

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

Loads of stuff in the press and on TV and we have no way of knowing the full story but 3 interesting items that caught my attention were:-

1. Since JM started at Spurs, we have gained the 4th best total of points. 

Sorry but I'm genuinely struggling to fully understand this statement. Can you provide a link or go into more detail please ? Thanks

Please also bear in mind it's my birthday and much red wine has flowed under the bridge....:p: Hic !

8 hours ago, Borodin said:

Sorry but even José isn't stupid enough to shoot himself in the foot like that as it would deny him the chance to ever be considered as a Super League team manager if he was seen to oppose the idea so openly. BBC sports news reports : "On Sunday, Tottenham were one of six Premier League clubs to announce they were joining a new European Super League, but it is not related to Mourinho's sacking."

There is little doubt in my mind Levy sacked him in the hope this week Ryan can inject some positivity into the team ready for the City match. Be interesting to see who plays against Southampton. This Super League was first mentioned by Arsene Wenger ten years ago. It offers the club a chance to wipe out it's current debts (£3 billion for each founding member) and secure a massive pay day for the naming rights which are still up for sale. The last thing Spurs would be in is a 'sticky situation' financially if it goes ahead.

That’s my point. I don’t think it will go ahead, i think it will be cut off at the knees. Spurs will be left with their debt and reputation in tatters. I hope I’m wrong but it is real risk. This super league is a land grab and smacks of capitalism at its worst. Football is truly dead. 

13 hours ago, Borodin said:

Sorry but I'm genuinely struggling to fully understand this statement. Can you provide a link or go into more detail please ? Thanks

Please also bear in mind it's my birthday and much red wine has flowed under the bridge....:p: Hic !

It covers 2 seasons ie all the games since he took over.  Stats taken out of context mean nothing. 

For me I see a team whose only achievement was in a cup competition being lucky to play lower level teams and using his B team. In the important competitions ie the EPL and CL, he failed to deliver. Also, in far too many games, the football we played was dire and he was unable to change that. 

That is just my opinion of how I judge him. 

COYS 

20 hours ago, Borodin said:

I can't, but there was a graphic on Sky showing it. Since JM joined Spurs, only 3 sides (Citeh, Manure and the bin-dippers) have gathered more points.

Pretty hard to believe eh?

... and happy birthday !

2 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I can't, but there was a graphic on Sky showing it. Since JM joined Spurs, only 3 sides (Citeh, Manure and the bin-dippers) have gathered more points.

Pretty hard to believe eh?

... and happy birthday !

Ahhh right. Yep it is hard to believe especially after our recent run. Thanks for the good wishes, rather an eventful day to say the least :1579412966_emo1:

Have you heard this so called secretly taped Jamie Redknapp conversation :

So Jamie thinks Spurs are run by "f***ing clowns" ... hard to disagree at times I have to admit...

3 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I fucking hate Jamie Redknapp. He's just a scouser with a cockney accent and he has always had sly digs at Spurs - it got worse after they sacked his old man

I do too mate but I have to admit I just cannot help having a soft spot for Our 'Arry. He did bring some great times to The Lane and some very special moments both at home and abroad. I know there was all the talk about the England job when he left, but what manager wouldn't be interested if his Country came calling ?. The fates were also definitely against the guy when we didn't qualify for CL football that season.

I've also never, ever heard him bad mouth the club since he left and I'm sure he would be delighted if we lift the Cup on Sunday.