Spurs Web
Borodin

PL SPURS Vs Sheff Utd Sunday May 2nd 19:15 K.O.

23 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

Which supporters' opinions does he listen to ?

Just the ones who don't appreciate him ?

I understand that he is a THFC fan.

I also believe that he has always made decisions in the best interests of the club that he 'supports', and the club that he is Chairman of.

He stated when he appointed The Poch that he had a project, and he saw it through, culminating in nearly winning the CL.

A new manager/coach , and 'warchest' is all that's needed now.

The new Stadium/Training centre are now ready to support success and growth, subject to Virus restrictions.

I agree with all you have put.

COYS My problem is that, rightly or wrongly, I feel he has too much influence when it comes to bringing in new players. I hold my hands up to having little knowledge when it comes to transfers of players between clubs. He must have his reasons, but too often he seems to wait until the last minute. I know that 95% of that we read in the papers is conjecture but it sometimes implies that DL's dalliance lost us the deals. 

Mind you, though we like to think we are perfect, reluctantly I have to admit even I am not. 

COYS 

13 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Mr levy has always said he is a supporter 1st ,,,and a custodian of the club 2nd ,,yes he made a big mistake with Jose and the esl,,,,but both were done to progress spurs as a whole entity ( wrong yes but hindsight is difficult) 

I know he is a long time Spurs supporter which is why he took on the job. 

The problem for me is that he comes across as a typical colourless accountant. If only he would smile and become a bit more animated when he is sat in the directors box, I just may warm to him a little. 

Of course, since this ailment of mine showing no signs of me recovering from, I have been more than a tad unkind about him on those days I am feeling fed up and miserable. (Definitely not stressed out or having mental issues as I am a roughy, toughy pre-war baby).  LOL

COYS 

ps Apologies to any of you who are accountants  - you must be the ones with a personality being Spurs supporters. 

22 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I know he is a long time Spurs supporter which is why he took on the job. 

The problem for me is that he comes across as a typical colourless accountant. If only he would smile and become a bit more animated when he is sat in the directors box, I just may warm to him a little. 

Of course, since this ailment of mine showing no signs of me recovering from, I have been more than a tad unkind about him on those days I am feeling fed up and miserable. (Definitely not stressed out or having mental issues as I am a roughy, toughy pre-war baby).  LOL

COYS 

ps Apologies to any of you who are accountants  - you must be the ones with a personality being Spurs supporters. 

The Mourinho 'project' blew up in his face. The quality and experience of the types of managers we are now reportedly looking at hiring I feel is a sad indictment of how attractive a club this is under his Chairmanship.

The solution may sound simple...new manager and a large sum for players but it's picking the right manager and spending the money wisely...sadly those funds may well include the sale of Kane and Son this Summer.

Is Scott Parker really the level we are now reduced to considering ???

16 minutes ago, Borodin said:

The Mourinho 'project' blew up in his face. The quality and experience of the types of managers we are now reportedly looking at hiring I feel is a sad indictment of how attractive a club this is under his Chairmanship.

The solution may sound simple...new manager and a large sum for players but it's picking the right manager and spending the money wisely...sadly those funds may well include the sale of Kane and Son this Summer.

I think you know my views on this from an earlier post of mine. 

Today's game is cut throat and there is no room for sentiment. As I put in my earlier post - I can see him as a Spurs manager and would love it. However, in my opinion  he must gain his experience with other clubs as I don't think he is ready yet. 

Life loves to take the piss out of me - so he will probably save Fulham from relegation and then win the EPL with them next season.  LOL

COYS 

16 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Scott Parker would be a risky appointment ,,,but there is always a risk ,,,his player management would be very much an upgrade on Jose’s though mate .

sonny is very close to signing a new deal ,,,I think Kane doesn’t know what to do ,,,the decision is weighing on him .

if we win the last 4 games thats the last 6 league games wed have won, our best run in for years, Ryan should be considered. Hes a mate to many of the team, will they want to let him down? 

We have to hope City still need to beat Chelsea next weekend to win the title, the Man U debacle yesterday done us a favour as City have to keep playing V chelsea so thats 3 points dropped by the skank lot , another 2 dropped somewhere else and we are in 4th unless Hammers pick up again

Chelsea have City Arse Leicester and Villa , could certainly drop 5 points there with CL and FA cup still in their minds 

13 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

if we win the last 4 games thats the last 6 league games wed have won, our best run in for years, Ryan should be considered. Hes a mate to many of the team, will they want to let him down? 

We have to hope City still need to beat Chelsea next weekend to win the title, the Man U debacle yesterday done us a favour as City have to keep playing V chelsea so thats 3 points dropped by the skank lot , another 2 dropped somewhere else and we are in 4th unless Hammers pick up again

Chelsea have City Arse Leicester and Villa , could certainly drop 5 points there with CL and FA cup still in their minds 

This is the first time in months I have actually dared to feel quite positive. There has been the odd time over the season when we put in a few games on the trot that suggested possibilities yet turned into false dawns. 

Apart from being away to Leicester on the last day of the season, we have 3 very winnable games against Leeds, Wolves and Aston Villa. Even beating Leicester is not beyond this squad if properly managed. Two of the three players who have scored and assisted in more than 10 goals in each category this season are Harry and Sonny. We also have Gareth back to feeling happy and back to playing to his very best. 

With Ryan as coach, he has already shown promise. If he makes all our dreams come true with 4th place, he would get my vote to retain the job for next season. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

I think you know my views on this from an earlier post of mine. 

Today's game is cut throat and there is no room for sentiment. As I put in my earlier post - I can see him as a Spurs manager and would love it. However, in my opinion  he must gain his experience with other clubs as I don't think he is ready yet. 

Life loves to take the piss out of me - so he will probably save Fulham from relegation and then win the EPL with them next season.  LOL

COYS 

There is no way I think  he is saving Fulham.... 9pts behind Newcastle and they have to play Man Utd. Newcastle is their last match so that could be a nail biter if Bruce's boys don't gain any more points but it's a huge ask.

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

This is the first time in months I have actually dared to feel quite positive. There has been the odd time over the season when we put in a few games on the trot that suggested possibilities yet turned into false dawns. 

Apart from being away to Leicester on the last day of the season, we have 3 very winnable games against Leeds, Wolves and Aston Villa. Even beating Leicester is not beyond this squad if properly managed. Two of the three players who have scored and assisted in more than 10 goals in each category this season are Harry and Sonny. We also have Gareth back to feeling happy and back to playing to his very best. 

With Ryan as coach, he has already shown promise. If he makes all our dreams come true with 4th place, he would get my vote to retain the job for next season. 

COYS 

If we do get 4th he will have performed miracles and the results will have gone massively in our favour. I totally understand him being rewarded for his ability to motivate the team to such heights so maybe a trial season would be fitting. Let's face it, we've nothing to lose at the moment.

3 hours ago, Tonto911 said:

A new manager/coach , and 'warchest' is all that's needed now..

Well I'm glad that's sorted then, Daniel just has to hire somebody else and give him millions to spend... and there was me fretting about things. :thumb:

18 hours ago, Tonite said:

I agree,I’ve  never been happy with Celso s temperament 

Lo celso is awful. He gives the ball away cheaply so often. Not what you’d expect from a 50m midfielder. One footed too. What a joke. Whoever decided to make him perm after the loan spell needs their head examining 

21 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Walk off the pitch spurs. West ham red card was pathetic. Final Laporte two yellows missed then he scores Today was a disgrace. Var and levy has to go 

How the f**k is this not a red card ??

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12293725/should-fleck-have-seen-red

11 hours ago, Borodin said:

The Mourinho 'project' blew up in his face.

That's certainly true. Few are surprised, it was, for me, so frustrating. Seeing how we played against manu and others, why did M change it ?

Losing out in the Europa league was just ridiculous....

Hey ho, he's gone now, let's move on, get this season over and start again...

I really am looking forward to getting to the ground again and meeting up with my THFC supporting Buddies of 40 years (we went to the 1980/81 Finals.....)

As Tonto said, LEVY always MADE DECISIONS in the best interest of the club HE SUPPORTES!!!

Nagelsmann was available for a bargain price, but instead he signed Mourinho, shortly after he was sacked by Man Utd. Although we already had AVB, who was Joses lap dog and he knew this type of playing doesn’t suit our offensive game play. All above, only an idiot is not aware, that if you sign a „star“ manager like Mourinho, you will also need to sign „star players“. 

Anyway, recently he wanted Nagelsmann, but the German snubbed the deal, he got a better offer from BAYERN!!! And the same thing happens with players. With how many promising and talented players have we been linked? Millions, but its the same ol story over and over again! Levy waits too long or makes a ridiculous bid, who disrespects player, club, family and agent and we end up with panic buys or mediocre players we don’t need, cause the good ones turn their back on us. This behavior ruined many cooperations IMO. Best example Sporting!

Poch was restricted 2 seasons and haven’t got new players! Levy parted ways with Baldini although he brought every single player AVB wanted (and also sold them again successfully) and Levy let Mitchell go, probably one of the best scouts from England.

And what about the academy players? Have you seen any of them? Do they actually exist or is it just a rumor that we own an academy? I think I don’t  need to tell you, how many young players came up through the academies of their clubs at Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Utd...., but it seems that doesn’t seem to apply for us!

I feel sorry for his sick wife and I think he is a good business man, but he is part of the problem, in case of player transfers, wrong managers and therefore results on the pitch, our ranking and missing trophies!