Spurs Web
Borodin

Next Spurs Manager Poll ...

Spurs Manager  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should be the next manager of Tottenham ?

• Brendan Rodgers
    • Graham Potter
    • Scott Parker
    • Ten Hag
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Massimiliano Allegri
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Other (please state who if selecting this option).

When I drink the club that is mostly Irish ,,,pat ,,paddy,,Micheal,,Thomas,,becomes difficult,,,when all the sons cousins have the the same name ,,,surnames lol mullnellys,,Carolan’s,,,heefferhams,,calveys,,Lindsey’s,,,,,Vesey’s,,,,reilys,,foleys,,,,,mental Lol all from mayo also the edoumnds,,granhams,,and the gintys from Tipperary 

51 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Tam is Thomas in jock language lol

Yep I know mate but the name Tucal meant nothing, I didn't associate it with Tuchel :thumb:

5 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Yep I know mate but the name Tucal meant nothing, I didn't associate it with Tuchel :thumb:

German surname apparently smith lol joke 

9 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

I always misspell people's names that I don't like... :cc:

Strange, you spell his name wrong thereby by your own admission indicating you don't like him and yet post that it's a shame we didn't get him as manager. :em8:

Bale option to be given to the new manager by Levy according to this article :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9538151/Tottenham-chief-Daniel-Levy-set-offer-clubs-new-boss-chance-sign-Gareth-Bale-loan.html

Are we to therefore assume an announcement will be made soon so that negotiations with Real Madrid can be completed ?? (In which case I'll have a £10 side bet on Massimiliano Allegri) :cc:

https://tbrfootball.com/report-53-year-old-open-to-talks-with-tottenham-over-managers-job-hes-one-that-spurs-like/

13 hours ago, Borodin said:

Bale option to be given to the new manager by Levy according to this article :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9538151/Tottenham-chief-Daniel-Levy-set-offer-clubs-new-boss-chance-sign-Gareth-Bale-loan.html

Are we to therefore assume an announcement will be made soon so that negotiations with Real Madrid can be completed ?? (In which case I'll have a £10 side bet on Massimiliano Allegri) :cc:

https://tbrfootball.com/report-53-year-old-open-to-talks-with-tottenham-over-managers-job-hes-one-that-spurs-like/

As great as it seems, saying we have an option with first refusal for a Gareth only increases the chance minimally. 

I suspect it needs for us playing in the CL and the likes of Harry and Sonny staying. Also if a top European club came in for him guaranteeing regular starts, that may appeal to him. Also, if someone other than Ryan is the coach, it will need to be someone he is happy with. 

I would love for him to stay and I wouldn't necessarily rule it out, but I won't build my hopes up too early to avoid bitter disappointment. He might just stay with us regardless of all the above as he really loves Spurs. 

COYS 

I have just read in Saturday's Sun newspaper that he has told the players to stop calling him Gaffa but to call all him what they have in the last 5 to 10 years - Ryan or Mase. 

Big mistake, Sunshine. They have to look upon you as the boss and not a mate. 

In my humble opinion, he has given away his authority and set himself up to getting into arguments. If he is given the job full time and he has lost a bit of authority to some of the senior players, he will make himself unpopular if then insist they call him Gaffa or boss. 

He needs to be in charge in a firm and fair manner and that will gain him their respect

COYS 

32 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I have just read in Saturday's Sun newspaper that he has told the players to stop calling him Gaffa but to call all him what they have in the last 5 to 10 years - Ryan or Mase. 

In my humble opinion, he has given away his authority and set himself up to getting into arguments. If he is given the job full time and he has lost a bit of authority to some of the senior players, he will make himself unpopular if then insist they call him Gaffa or boss. 

He needs to be in charge in a firm and fair manner and that will gain him their respect

COYS 

Completely agree. Whilst Ryan may still wish to be regarded as 'one of the boys' it simply doesn't work in the manager/player relationship. There always has to be that little bit of distance that allows for a friendly relationship but maintains a level of respect for his position as team coach.

The only other reason I can think of for him requesting they continue to call him Ryan or Mase is that he is 100% certain that come the end of this season he will be back as the head of player development. If that is the case then I can understand his wish not to receive a temporary title as he knows in a few weeks things will be back to normal for him and a new manager will have been appointed.

I do struggle in comparing what has happened to Mourinho and Poch. José had obviously been planned because the announcement was the day after Poch was sacked. This time we have the sacking and an interim manager put in. My only conclusion is that Levy was aware of just how toxic José was making the dressing room atmosphere and knew the number of players planning on leaving if he continued in his job. This may well have been after Daniel had some private chats with squad members and realised he was facing a possible mutiny before the Summer transfer window. So he dismissed the Special One immediately and hoped that putting a familiar face like Ryan in his place would help calm the waters and hopefully motivate everyone into winning ways over the last few weeks of the season.

Has Daniel told Ryan to enjoy his moment of fame but not get too comfortable in the Manager's chair ? or is he still struggling to find a replacement and could consider RM as a full time Head Coach if we get top four  ?. One thing is vital, whoever is to be in charge permanently needs to be here making transfer decisions during the next window in order to impose his presence and style of play upon the club. The date of that window is still to be announced.

Interesting times.

PS.

Blimey James you must be bored stiff in that hospital reading last Saturday's Sun on a Tuesday morning mate

19 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Completely agree. Whilst Ryan may still wish to be regarded as 'one of the boys' it simply doesn't work in the manager/player relationship. There always has to be that little bit of distance that allows for a friendly relationship but maintains a level of respect for his position as team coach.

The only other reason I can think of for him requesting they continue to call him Ryan or Mase is that he is 100% certain that come the end of this season he will be back as the head of player development. If that is the case then I can understand his wish not to receive a temporary title as he knows in a few weeks things will be back to normal for him and a new manager will have been appointed.

I do struggle in comparing what has happened to Mourinho and Poch. José had obviously been planned because the announcement was the day after Poch was sacked. This time we have the sacking and an interim manager put in. My only conclusion is that Levy was aware of just how toxic José was making the dressing room atmosphere and knew the number of players planning on leaving if he continued in his job. This may well have been after Daniel had some private chats with squad members and realised he was facing a possible mutiny before the Summer transfer window. So he dismissed the Special One immediately and hoped that putting a familiar face like Ryan in his place would help calm the waters and hopefully motivate everyone into winning ways over the last few weeks of the season.

Has Daniel told Ryan to enjoy his moment of fame but not get too comfortable in the Manager's chair ? or is he still struggling to find a replacement and could consider RM as a full time Head Coach if we get top four  ?. One thing is vital, whoever is to be in charge permanently needs to be here making transfer decisions during the next window in order to impose his presence and style of play upon the club. The date of that window is still to be announced.

Interesting times.

PS.

Blimey James you must be bored stiff in that hospital reading last Saturday's Sun on a Tuesday morning mate

Come on! How can I be bored stiff chatting to all my mates on here. 

Well, as it is only you bothering to chat on none match days, you are the only person helping to relieve my boredom. 

COYS 

3 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Come on! How can I be bored stiff chatting to all my mates on here. 

Well, as it is only you bothering to chat on none match days, you are the only person helping to relieve my boredom. 

COYS 

It was just your choice of reading mate .... Saturday's Sun on a Tuesday ? How often does the paper boy deliver to that hospital ? :dd:

11 minutes ago, Borodin said:

It was just your choice of reading mate .... Saturday's Sun on a Tuesday ? How often does the paper boy deliver to that hospital ? :dd:

The short answer is never. A guy who was admitted on Saturday brought it with him. 

Because of Covid restrictions, the shops, cafes etc have been closed and no visiting is allowed. 

COYS 

10 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

The short answer is never. A guy who was admitted on Saturday brought it with him. 

Because of Covid restrictions, the shops, cafes etc have been closed and no visiting is allowed. 

COYS 

Here you go pal   https://www.bbc.com/news

:thumb:

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS 

Dont agree with your points there. I was a manager, very succesful, and mates with my workers, and we succeeded together but I was always in charge, but they all also had their own decisions to live and die by, we need players on pitch each one of them a leader not waiting for guidance, why do you think theyre all playing for him already, City didnt let us play but they still only scored 1 against us and we could have done something with a bit better decision making (Kane-Hjolberg)  , but Sunday was freedom , albeit V a defeated Sheff Utd , we closed down like we used to, hunted in packs, made mistakes and battled to rectify them 

You can be mates and a boss 

1 minute ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Dont agree with your points there. I was a manager, very succesful, and mates with my workers, and we succeeded together but I was always in charge, but they all also had their own decisions to live and die by, we need players on pitch each one of them a leader not waiting for guidance, why do you think theyre all playing for him already, City didnt let us play but they still only scored 1 against us and we could have done something with a bit better decision making (Kane-Hjolberg)  , but Sunday was freedom , albeit V a defeated Sheff Utd , we closed down like we used to, hunted in packs, made mistakes and battled to rectify them 

I can't argue with how you managed as it obviously worked. 

There are always exceptions to anything in life. I hope you are right about Ryan. 

COYS

23 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

I agree about the friendship being needed but it must always be mixed with respect for your position. This was obviously the case with yourself by the fact you posted  "but I was always in charge". You were mates but when it was time to 'call the shots' they recognised and accepted that you were the guy to do it. Maybe Ryan can enjoy the same relationship.

I worked in a bank for many years and their attitude was totally different. Every time someone was promoted they were moved to another branch because Head Office thought staff would find it difficult to accept someone from their previous ranks now telling them what to do. That's why I left, I turned down a promotion because it meant moving to the coast to live and work when there was exactly the same position available at my home branch. It was ludicrous that I had to find lodgings 60 miles away because they felt my work mates might not accept me in my new role. So I told them to stuff it and went to work in a brewery.... much more fun :thumb:

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

I wonder if the impending return of fans at the Cup final had a role in the decision. I am sure that Levy knew fans would take whole season's frustrations out on Jose at the Cup final if Jose were still in place. I'm certain that would have made a negative impact on the players and been a very public embarrassment for the club as well. He should have been sacked weeks ago but the prospect of sending him out in front of the fans at the Cup final was more than Levy was willing to risk.

Some journo who writes for the Sum is claiming that Utd have sanctioned £90 million for Harry! 

What a dozy lot. No wonder their fans want rid of them.

A. Harry would never go there.  B. DL won't even give away our inadequate players which is why the managers struggle to field a team they can trust in every position.

COYS 

2 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Some journo who writes for the Sum is claiming that Utd have sanctioned £90 million for Harry! 

What a dozy lot. No wonder their fans want rid of them.

A. Harry would never go there.  B. DL won't even give away our inadequate players which is why the managers struggle to field a team they can trust in every position.

COYS 

£90m wouldn't pay for his boots. Nice story for the Glazers to try and appease the Utd supporters with.

20 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Conte and Eriksen at Spurs?

I feel a little strange about that since it seemed Eriksen's effort was low toward the end of his time with us, but maybe fences can be mended.

3 minutes ago, KCspurs said:

Conte and Eriksen at Spurs?

I feel a little strange about that since it seemed Eriksen's effort was low toward the end of his time with us, but maybe fences can be mended.

Didn't think Eriksen impressed Conte at all and his number of appearances would support that view so don't want him back but I would love to see the animated and enthusiastic Antonio bouncing up and down in the Spurs manager zone celebrating yet another goal.

I've just read in one of the snippets that Google sends me (which I never signed up for but can't stop), that many Spurs fan are convinced that Lamela is going to Roma to join Mourinho! 

Unless Mourinho only wants him to continue as a bench player, I never had the impression he was a particular favourite of JM's. I've no idea where that rumour has sprung from, but it seems strange - especially as I had heard he wanted to return his homeland and to get regular starts. 

I will be interested to see if this happens and if it does will he start getting regular starts. 

COYS