Spurs Web
Borodin

PL Leeds Utd Vs SPURS Saturday May 8th 12:30 K.O.

This will not be an easy one but hopefully the confidence boost we had from tonight's game against Sheffield Utd will carry us through. I cannot see this as a boring 0-0 draw somehow :bb:.

I reckon we will go in at half time with the score 1-1 and we'll nick it in the second half 2-3. Simply cannot afford to drop points any more, have to win every single game and keep the pressure on.

13 hours ago, Borodin said:

This will not be an easy one but hopefully the confidence boost we had from tonight's game against Sheffield Utd will carry us through. I cannot see this as a boring 0-0 draw somehow :bb:.

I reckon we will go in at half time with the score 1-1 and we'll nick it in the second half 2-3. Simply cannot afford to drop points any more, have to win every single game and keep the pressure on.

Before the sacking of JM, I would have been quite concerned. However, a new and seemingly popular manager has done wonders to morale and got the side actually playing to their ability. Losing to City, in reality, was probably inevitable with the huge difference in the quality of the two squads. 

Sadly, I couldn't watch yesterday's game. However, Sheff Utd have made it difficult to score against all through the season despite being bottom. For us to score 4 with another being ruled offside by a whisker, we must have played well. On top of that we are keeping clean sheets. 

I hope I am not tempting fate, but my confidence levels have soared and I think we will win this - possibly by 2 goals or more - listening to the match yesterday, it sounded that the determination and effort was top class

COYS 

This weekend West Ham are away to Everton. If they lose and we win then finishing above them is in our hands. With Chelsea having a tough run in with games against City, Arsenal and Leicester, we wil be able to hold out hope for 4th

As we all know, for the last 2 or 3 decades, being a Spurs fan has been traumatic with a dearth of "ups" and a plethora of "downs". I have ordered my valium already, with my dicky ticker, I can't take any chances. 

COYS 

4 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

This weekend West Ham are away to Everton. If they lose and we win then finishing above them is in our hands. With Chelsea having a tough run in with games against City, Arsenal and Leicester, we wil be able to hold out hope for 4th

As we all know, for the last 2 or 3 decades, being a Spurs fan has been traumatic with a dearth of "ups" and a plethora of "downs". I have ordered my valium already, with my dicky ticker, I can't take any chances. 

COYS 

Let's hope that once a new manager is appointed and it becomes a bit clearer concerning which players will be leaving and who will be coming in next season that this football club will begin to behave in a similar fashion to your 'dicky ticker' and both will start to settle down nicely. That way everybody will be ready for the Summer break and a new title challenge.

:2074087892_yid1:

Just now, Audere Est Facere said:

See if Levy is impressed with Bamford enough to replace Kane and Son with him. 

God I hope Levy not still here next season but I know he will be 

There's talk now that Vinicius will definitely be shipped home after his loan period because he has not lived up to his £36m price tag. Knowing Levy he may well try and haggle it down so we get a bargain price but he'd still be the same player, I say let the lad leave. I'd love Kane to stay and have Bamford as his back up but I don't think the Leeds striker would go for it.

With regard to Levy I have just posted in the Super League thread that the Spurs Trust have refused a meeting with him and are demanding resignations. Even if he stays maybe we'll see a reformed version next season who actually listens to supporters first before wrongly acting on their behalf concerning the future of our club.

I was only able to see the first hour of the Sheffield United match as I'm in the middle of a long-distance move right now, but the difference in the team is palpable. They have some personnel that aren't good enough, sure, but there's a better team selection and more attacking flair. We really want for a player like Eriksen but I believe we are perfectly capable of taking the 12 points that are still in front of us.

10 minutes ago, Borodin said:

With regard to Levy I have just posted in the Super League thread that the Spurs Trust have refused a meeting with him and are demanding resignations. Even if he stays maybe we'll see a reformed version next season who actually listens to supporters first before wrongly acting on their behalf concerning the future of our club.

I hope that it will become clear that Levy's position is untenable and that his relations with supporters have irreconcilable differences. Although they may have underestimated the objections supporters would have to the Super League, they simply didn't care what supporters felt in the first place. They knew that the supporters would hate the idea but that they'd be forced to accept it because they have no choice. The common rabble are really no concern to them.

3 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

See if Levy is impressed with Bamford enough to replace Kane and Son with him. 

God I hope Levy not still here next season but I know he will be 

Sadly, Austere, I think he has a 51% share holding, so I don't think he can be voted out. That implies to me he has to be bought out. If he doesn't want to leave he can't be forced

Also, Enic are probably well pleased with him as he has managed to lead the club to around 5th richest in Europe and at the same time build arguably the best stadium in Europe. 

I say if, but it may turn out to be when, Harry and Sonny leave during the summer, from the few times I have seen Bamford, I go along with you and would seriously consider him as a replacement at whatever price Leeds demand. 

Worrying times ahead, but we are Spurs fans. We might moan and groan, but we soldier on. 

I have every faith we will become a top European club, it's just finding the patience which is the hard part. LOL

COYS 

2 hours ago, Sumsio said:

If Bale starts & Kane finds his magic touch again I can only see us picking up all 3 points in this match 

COYS

Isn't it lovely having confidence before the match.

This year, for me, there has always been a tinge of worry  even for games we should have had confidence in getting all 3 points. 

COYS 

7 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Isn't it lovely having confidence before the match.

This year, for me, there has always been a tinge of worry  even for games we should have had confidence in getting all 3 points. 

COYS 

I'm confident only because we know Leeds aren't a side to park the bus and should leave us with plenty of opportunities to score. Saying that you can be assured they will come at us all guns blazing. That's why I'm going for the 2-3 win.

As the aforementioned long-distance move continues for me this weekend, I'm not sure if I will be able to see this match. In my corner of the world it starts at 6:30am and normally that isn't a problem, but I have a 7 hour drive the night before. (Google Maps tells me this would be like driving from London to Glasgow.) I am usually quite beat when I arrive!

I'm feeling confident of a good result here, my prediction is a 2-0 win.

10 minutes ago, KCspurs said:

As the aforementioned long-distance move continues for me this weekend, I'm not sure if I will be able to see this match. In my corner of the world it starts at 6:30am and normally that isn't a problem, but I have a 7 hour drive the night before. (Google Maps tells me this would be like driving from London to Glasgow.) I am usually quite beat when I arrive!

I'm feeling confident of a good result here, my prediction is a 2-0 win.

Safe journey :thumb:

This is a massive game for Spurs today and if Ryan cannot get them motivated for this one then he never will. Vital we keep the pressure on the teams above us. Be great if Southampton could nick a point off Liverpool but realistically it's 3 pts for the Reds. All we can do is concentrate on catching the teams above us. If we beat Leeds than a City win puts us just 2pts behind Chelsea and only 4pts behind Leicester who have a terrible run in. No bigger incentive for Pep's team than to win the title today and concentrate on the CL final.

Such a shame when we look back on those 20pts lost from winning positions this season. It's a harsh reminder that 100% concentration is required every game, no matter how early in the season, as mistakes that cost points will surely catch up with you in the end.

I'm taking us to nick this one 2-3

8 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

The teams are out we are strong again ,,,bale ,,dele,,son,Kane,,yeah baby ,,COYS 

E029VkcXIAI8bBK?format=jpg&name=small

Daniel Levy has threatened to cut off Mason's testicles if Spurs lose this game today. The team will be shortly appearing in a new blockbuster film called  Saving Ryan's Privates

A nice 3-1 at least for us today would be good.

I don't want to sound too controversial but I want Kane to be leading from the front today he looked very down on the last game and he seemed to be Elsewhere and I'm wondering whether he's already packed his bags for the euros or waiting for that big deal offer which is worrying. And I know some of you can't stand vinicius but I think he needs his chance him and lucas can build up a partnership and be a backup team. At the end of the day kane needed his chance when he first started playing in the squad you've got to have time.

2 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

A nice 3-1 at least for us today would be good.

I don't want to sound too controversial but I want Kane to be leading from the front today he looked very down on the last game and he seemed to be Elsewhere and I'm wondering whether he's already packed his bags for the euros or waiting for that big deal offer which is worrying. And I know some of you can't stand vinicius but I think he needs his chance him and lucas can build up a partnership and be a backup team. At the end of the day kane needed his chance when he first started playing in the squad you've got to have time.

Vinicius is in a difficult situation. He hasn't had chance to really shine and there's no way Daniel will fork out £30m in the hope he may turn out okay next season. He will either be packing his bags or Daniel will manage to haggle Benfica down to about £10m - £15m.

We need to be like soldiers going over the top today because Leeds will come at us right from the first whistle and not stop until the last one.