Spurs Web
Borodin

Man United Fans Protest At Old Trafford

What are your thoughts on this matter ? Was it unnecessary or worthwhile ? Were they genuine Glazer protesters or not ?

Some are suggesting it was all a ploy so that they could not be the team who would have handed City the title if they had lost to Liverpool yesterday afternoon. Surely not :cc:

Anyway the latest news is that following the protest the FA have decided to give Manchester United a penalty. Apparently Bruno Fernandes will be taking it.

In principal I think it is every ones right to protest. However, because in England these days it has become almost lawless, I think too often they do more harm than good. They never seem to change anything. 

It is impossible to hold peaceful ones any more. They are always joined by those who just want a ruck with the police and a violent battle ensues. Very often there is damage to cars and buildings and the eventual cost to clean up has to be met by the general public through housing rates. 

A too small police force have to take officers away from their normal policing work, A and E departs already with too many patients get more. Ambulances get taken away from collecting emergencies. I could go on and on. 

In pre pandemic days, it was bad enough, but in my view, during these days where the rules are broken, I think it criminal. There will have been some in those protests having the virus who may have started a chain with it possibly leading to some one dying. 

I can't think of any solution or safe way to allow mass demonstrations.That said, I cannot come up with a reason to deny those legitimate protests. We don't want a police state. 

As far as the Utd protests, I can't condone how they went  about things. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

Protests are fine and legitimate - but breaking into the ground is not and nor is throwing bottles.  It wasn't a protest, it was an excuse for a ruck

You're right..turns out it wasn't so peaceful after all.

BBC News - Manchester United protest: Arrest made over 'hostility' towards police
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-56971298

We have made such a huge loss uring this pandemic, he will probably set up the protest himself and increase the prices! 

I have to admit that. as an accountant, he is good at bringing the money in - it's spending it on top players with top wages he has a aversion to - it brings him out in a painful rash. 

COYS 

15 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

We have made such a huge loss uring this pandemic, he will probably set up the protest himself and increase the prices! 

I have to admit that. as an accountant, he is good at bringing the money in - it's spending it on top players with top wages he has a aversion to - it brings him out in a painful rash. 

COYS 

Checkout the 'Ins and Outs' thread I recently posted in here regarding spend and transfers.

We come 17th out of 20 for investment over the last 5 seasons.

53 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Checkout the 'Ins and Outs' thread I recently posted in here regarding spend and transfers.

We come 17th out of 20 for investment over the last 5 seasons.

Then my tongue in cheek jibe at him seems to be close to the truth. LOL

COYS