Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
KCspurs

Mourinho to take over at Roma

Roma have appointed Jose Mourinho as their new manager.

In a statement the club said: “The club are delighted to announce an agreement has been reached with Jose Mourinho for him to become our new head coach ahead of the 2021-22 season.”

Roma had earlier announced that current head coach Paulo Fonseca will leave at the end of the season.

"Well I'll go to our house". (An English expression meaning, to express amazement). 

Clearly they don't follow The EPL in Italy. That or they are a few bob short of a pound. (Another English expression meaning they are a bit thick). 

I have no idea what has been arranged regarding his dismissal, but I hope this saves us a sizeable amount of money. 

Finally, good luck all your Roma fans. 

COYS 

Remember he was appointed manager at Inter Milan back in 2008. Just glad to hopefully get him off our payroll and out of English football. Makes you wonder how much of this was already planned when he was sacked by Levy.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56983649

Let's just pray there's no plan for us to have Paulo Fonseca at Tottenham

25 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Knowing Levy and Spurs, Jose will probably lead them to the title and European success 

If he does that he will deserve everybody's respect. Massive task.

This timing makes sense now.  Surely he was told go and find a job as you are done here.  When you do I will fire you so you can go and we won’t have to pay any contract fees....a win win.

Good luck Roma 

37 minutes ago, Alonso said:

This timing makes sense now.  Surely he was told go and find a job as you are done here.  When you do I will fire you so you can go and we won’t have to pay any contract fees....a win win.

Good luck Roma 

Something was definitely settled regarding his sacking but as far as I can make out we were paying the guy £15m a year and he is now on £7m with Roma. Spurs have agreed to cover the deficit until his contract would have ended with us next Summer. There is no doubt that we have gained financially by him going there but reports of him only costing us £3m in compensation are way off the mark. This link suggests Levy has saved £13m by José joining Roma

https://www.football365.com/news/report-reveals-jose-mourinho-huge-pay-cut-roma-spurs

26 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Something was definitely settled regarding his sacking but as far as I can make out we were paying the guy £15m a year and he is now on £7m with Roma. Spurs have agreed to cover the deficit until his contract would have ended with us next Summer. There is no doubt that we have gained financially by him going there but reports of him only costing us £3m in compensation are way off the mark. This link suggests Levy has saved £13m by José joining Roma

https://www.football365.com/news/report-reveals-jose-mourinho-huge-pay-cut-roma-spurs

What a strange position I find myself in.

There is Mr Mourinho, a man I have never had much time for, and I am feeling chuffed he is getting £13million for his far from successful time as THFC coach. 

As the wonderful and great Jimmy Greaves would say, 'Football is a funny old game'. LOL

COYS