Spurs Web
Borodin

Pandora's Box

After watching today's performance against Leeds the only way I can describe how I feel is totally drained. I am without optimism, expectancy or any positive thought regarding the future of this club. Just like Pandora's Box all that remains for me to cling onto is Hope.

Ryan Mason will stumble us across the finishing line this season and then slip back into the shadows of his 'player development' role. It was a gamble by Levy and considering the stakes were high with a top 4 or top 6 spot still potentially available to us, it was a costly one which hasn't paid off. I know many will see that it's our first league defeat under Mason but in reality the chances of him leading the team on a miraculous recovery run were slim.

We have three games left and if we manage six or more points from them I will be genuinely surprised. The apathy within the squad is abundantly apparent and with little to play for now it can only get worse.

Levy has a mountain to climb if he is ever going to recover from the Super League fiasco and convince the supporters he has the team's best interests at heart. We need a top quality, experienced manager who is willing to roll up his sleeves, open the dressing room windows and blow the dust and cobwebs away which certain players have allowed to settle on this club's reputation as an entertaining football team who play with style, positivity and panache.

I have lost all interest in how this season finishes now because I don't see the team concerned or bothered either. Perhaps because we as were fans unable to be at the games and watch them they have somehow forgotten we exist or matter.

It's a very sad state of affairs we find ourselves in and I have grave doubts that Mr. Levy and ENIC are the people to take us out of the wilderness and into the promised land.

Hope springs eternal and for me it's all that remains.

Goodnight all, on what has been a very disappointing day. :em6:

4 hours ago, Borodin said:

After watching today's performance against Leeds the only way I can describe how I feel is totally drained. I am without optimism, expectancy or any positive thought regarding the future of this club. Just like Pandora's Box all that remains for me to cling onto is Hope.

Ryan Mason will stumble us across the finishing line this season and then slip back into the shadows of his 'player development' role. It was a gamble by Levy and considering the stakes were high with a top 4 or top 6 spot still potentially available to us, it was a costly one which hasn't paid off. I know many will see that it's our first league defeat under Mason but in reality the chances of him leading the team on a miraculous recovery run were slim.

We have three games left and if we manage six or more points from them I will be genuinely surprised. The apathy within the squad is abundantly apparent and with little to play for now it can only get worse.

Levy has a mountain to climb if he is ever going to recover from the Super League fiasco and convince the supporters he has the team's best interests at heart. We need a top quality, experienced manager who is willing to roll up his sleeves, open the dressing room windows and blow the dust and cobwebs away which certain players have allowed to settle on this club's reputation as an entertaining football team who play with style, positivity and panache.

I have lost all interest in how this season finishes now because I don't see the team concerned or bothered either. Perhaps because we as were fans unable to be at the games and watch them they have somehow forgotten we exist or matter.

It's a very sad state of affairs we find ourselves in and I have grave doubts that Mr. Levy and ENIC are the people to take us out of the wilderness and into the promised land.

Hope springs eternal and for me it's all that remains.

Goodnight all, on what has been a very disappointing day. :em6:

Wow, that's deep. We can really only get better, beating Villa and wolves are both realistic and that should be just enough to slide us into europa conference. I have a feeling theirs something really going on in the ownership of the club that really effects the players and every manager who comes in knows about it and Mourinho even hinted to it and can't do anything about it and I firmly believe that is directly linked with Levy, not Lewis, but Levy and it's something that really started and has slowly effected us more and more over time since circa 2017. If Lewis got Levy out then I think that's the only way we can move forward.

5 hours ago, Spurs8Winks said:

Wow, that's deep. We can really only get better, beating Villa and wolves are both realistic and that should be just enough to slide us into europa conference. I have a feeling theirs something really going on in the ownership of the club that really effects the players and every manager who comes in knows about it and Mourinho even hinted to it and can't do anything about it and I firmly believe that is directly linked with Levy, not Lewis, but Levy and it's something that really started and has slowly effected us more and more over time since circa 2017. If Lewis got Levy out then I think that's the only way we can move forward.

Borodin's post reflect my feelings which is pretty much the same. 

The big difference is me having been in and out of hospital 4 times and this current one for the last 12 days with no signs of them finding a solution to returning me to a reasonable state of health. I am getting  thoroughly pissed off. 

As for what has been going wrong, and whether there is an escape route to calmer waters, I have given up thinking about it. At 81 I am too old in the tooth to continually Iive in a positive bubble. It's more of a case that tomorrow never comes. 

Apologies, Crom. I know you hate all this negatively, but after 6 months of Long Covid with seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel, it is becoming a bridge too far to maintain high spirits. 

COYS 

Levys got his own mountain to climb, onto the top of the pile of shit hes created at the club, hopefully he will sink deep into it 

Get out you four eyed freak show and take your dracula like son with you you aint welcome at the stadium any more

Wait til the Villa game, the wrath will be released and the cameras will show more of your squirming face than the match as fans relentlessly chant for your head on a stake so they all piss on it 

Wenger was talking recently about how he had to sell his best player at the end of the season just to keep up with the debt of the stadium. New owners are much needed but they can’t be American

2 minutes ago, Spurs8Winks said:

Wenger was talking recently about how he had to sell his best player at the end of the season just to keep up with the debt of the stadium. New owners are much needed but they can’t be American

I'm afraid with the NFL connections to the club the USA is definitely where our next owners will come from :em21:

On 5/10/2021 at 10:04 AM, Audere Est Facere said:

Levys got his own mountain to climb, onto the top of the pile of shit hes created at the club, hopefully he will sink deep into it 

Get out you four eyed freak show and take your dracula like son with you you aint welcome at the stadium any more

Wait til the Villa game, the wrath will be released and the cameras will show more of your squirming face than the match as fans relentlessly chant for your head on a stake so they all piss on it 

Four eyes it’s racist against us glass wherein people my mental health is gonna suffer now lol you forgot bald aswell imgiane if he was ginger wow or welsh lol

5 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Four eyes it’s racist against us glass wherein people my mental health is gonna suffer now lol you forgot bald aswell imgiane if he was ginger wow or welsh lol

One more attempt at a Welsh joke and you are in big trouble mate :387637640_em3:

3 hours ago, USSpurs said:

Whoever wrote that nailed it

agreed tho i got bored reading it after the 238th paragraph    was there any mention of the stadium investment as thats the only feasible excuse Levy etc have for lack of investment, and its a decent excuse , the stadium screwed Arsenal and its screwed us, cant wait til both scousers re develop

1 minute ago, Audere Est Facere said:

agreed tho i got bored reading it after the 238th paragraph    was there any mention of the stadium investment as thats the only feasible excuse Levy etc have for lack of investment, and its a decent excuse , the stadium screwed Arsenal and its screwed us, cant wait til both scousers re develop

That lot will only steal it off everyone else or claim for off the dhss