Spurs Web
Craig Truespur

Is grealish still the answer?

Now it looks like really he's back from injury and will probably get back to his clever wing play and providing self is he still the answer for us cos I'd still like him as a Spurs player?

As we know it may have just been Rumours but the fact that we could have got him in the mid 20 meals a few Seasons back is ridiculous and we'll probably have to pay more than double that now but I think he could be worth it once we've got rid of all the Deadwood like Sissoko, winks, I'm losing my mind the other ex Fulham player begins with an s who's out on loan, Fernandez if he still on the books no idea?

Could you imagine attacking football we could have with grealish lining up with with skip and a new improving Dele. I think graylish has got the ability to be a new Gareth Bale obviously on the other side but I think he would suit our team greatly and have that attacking creativity we need.

The big cracks here is Levy going to pay the money needed already scribble over a couple of mil and we lose out again

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I like grealish,he is a very good player,might get slated for this but for me he is a tad overrated.

Dunno about being overrated fella I think he carry’s that villa side ,,,and he won’t win anything there except a wooden spoon ,,,,rather him than Ndombele 

7 hours ago, Jay said:

I like grealish,he is a very good player,might get slated for this but for me he is a tad overrated.

I actually think he is underrated. We could have another Gazza on our books if we could sign him.

Just now, Jay said:

Yeah he is good and would be a very welcome addition,looks certain that Harry is on his way now :em5:

I just read that breaking story - no attribution or sources mentioned. 

I don't see Harry stirring it up when we have 2 games left and still much to play for. I reckon it's just some no-hope journo making trouble.

1 minute ago, Cromulentmart said:

I don't see Harry stirring it up when we have 2 games left and still much to play for. I reckon it's just some no-hope journo making trouble.

At least .... I hope it is !!!

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

Surley Hes not going to do anything till we find out who the new manager is and surely if levy is going to be spending and strengthening the team ? He also has another three years on his contract properly putting us in the driving seat and I think the Lorris at least said he wants to stay another year which is a good sign

30 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Surley Hes not going to do anything till we find out who the new manager is and surely if levy is going to be spending and strengthening the team ? He also has another three years on his contract properly putting us in the driving seat and I think the Lorris at least said he wants to stay another year which is a good sign

I've started a thread on the subject as it seems to be escalating now with Sky News reporting his desire to leave before the Euros. :thumb:

It is all well and good coming up with names of who we should thinking of bringing in.

Personally, I am more than concerned about what state the club will be in come the start of next season. We are desperate for a long term manager of the right calibre to take the club forward with, seemingly, no choice from a few but possibly having to take on someone as a stop gap. Top coaches want top squads not top stadiums. 

Currently we have too few top class players in the squad with the worry they may choose not to stay. By not being in the CL, that greatly reduces the the chance of attracting class players to join us. The likelihood of starting next season with any sort of depth to the squad capable of being in with a chance of a top 4 finish is extremely rocky as things stand. 

The media is always awash with predictions yet most of them are baseless rumour. I have long since held out hope when reading who we are supposing to be after. Two years ago before the slide to where we are today, there was a hope certain players would come to us. As we will not be in the CL, it would be a miracle if world class players joined us. Being in the bottom tier of the EC having to start the season early playing dross teams could almost be a detraction rather than a a sop to get good players in. 

I know you hate negativity, Crom, but I could flood this forum with hope and positiveness and it will not change our dire situation. I think Grealish would be a great buy, but pragmatism says he would be looking for a team at least on the up at least, if not one of those that will be favourites to be competing for top 4 or better. 

COYS 

Just now, Audere Est Facere said:

You seem bit better James?? Hope so mate

Thanks, M8. 

I have my good and bad days and today has been better. I have had two more pills added to those I take and, fingers crossed, they seem to have alleviated the symptoms of breathlessness. 

All the tests, echocardiogram, CT Scans, MRIs blood tests from veins and arteries etc suggest I only have scarring on my heart from the Covid. This, I have been told makes it unlikely I will have a heart attack or stroke. That has eased my concerns to some extent, but as I still get pains in my heart that go down my arm and make my fingers tingle and go numb, it is difficult to not get fed up with it. They have been there for the last 3 days, but and have been quite painful all night, but I have given myself a bollacking g and told myself to stop being a wimp. It's been good therapy, actually, as I have enjoyed chatting with my friends. 

COYS 

10 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Thanks, M8. 

I have my good and bad days and today has been better. I have had two more pills added to those I take and, fingers crossed, they seem to have alleviated the symptoms of breathlessness. 

All the tests, echocardiogram, CT Scans, MRIs blood tests from veins and arteries etc suggest I only have scarring on my heart from the Covid. This, I have been told makes it unlikely I will have a heart attack or stroke. That has eased my concerns to some extent, but as I still get pains in my heart that go down my arm and make my fingers tingle and go numb, it is difficult to not get fed up with it. They have been there for the last 3 days, but and have been quite painful all night, but I have given myself a bollacking g and told myself to stop being a wimp. It's been good therapy, actually, as I have enjoyed chatting with my friends. 

COYS 

Nice to see you back online and sounding a bit more positive mate :thumb: As the doctor said "Keep taking the tablets"

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

Thanks, M8. 

COYS 

Ct scans were named after me as Craig Truespur .... good to see you chatting and bantering on the channel mate. I don't know if you remember while ago I was having terrible pains in my chest arm region and it was actually resonating from nervs in the middle of my back, I'm not a doctor but I just wanted to to leave you late if they can't find anything it might be something like that....  I'm like the doctor in the Simpson so ignore me:em8:

15 hours ago, Spurfect said:

I wasn’t a big fan of him, but at the moment I would prefer him over sonny tbh

Sonny is a great goal scorer but his strength is when he is breaking forward. All to often, we never provided the passes for him to run onto. By not using him to his strengths, he was often left out of the game with no part to play. 

The same happened with Gareth when he was stuck out on the wing with the ball constantly played up the other wing. 

For me, in too many of the games we played, there didn't seem any organisations to get the ball forward, it was always sideways and backward passes. We were the masters of having the ball just outside their penalty box and finishing up with it back with Hugo. We get the ball, turn to face our own goal and pass backwards. 

COYS 

20 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Sonny is a great goal scorer but his strength is when he is breaking forward. All to often, we never provided the passes for him to run onto. By not using him to his strengths, he was often left out of the game with no part to play. 

The same happened with Gareth when he was stuck out on the wing with the ball constantly played up the other wing. 

For me, in too many of the games we played, there didn't seem any organisations to get the ball forward, it was always sideways and backward passes. We were the masters of having the ball just outside their penalty box and finishing up with it back with Hugo. We get the ball, turn to face our own goal and pass backwards. 

COYS 

If you watch Spurs and then Man City or Liverpool, you will see the difference in the movement of the attacking players off the ball. That is where we fail

2 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

If you watch Spurs and then Man City or Liverpool, you will see the difference in the movement of the attacking players off the ball. That is where we fail

I have seen that all too often. When a player receives the ball and looks up, there is rarely any movement by our stationary players. Passing to them often results by losing possession as the pass is intercepted. We gave the ball away too often. The only other option is to pass the ball sideways or backwards. Too few of our players can drive forward with the ball or ar too reluctant to try it. Those like Moura, Lamela and Sissoko rarely started. 

Many of the teams that finished in the bottom half at least had a go with quick one touch passing breaking forward rather than our over used possession football. That simply allows teams to take up their 'park two buses' positions with a crowded penalty box which is very difficult to breakdown - to score a goal relies on them making a mistake. 

It's easy to be an armchair critic and there many different views on here where we have allegedly gone wrong. At the end of the day, it is the players on the field carrying out the coaches plan that decides the outcome. With the players City have in their squad make life easier for the coach. 

COYS 

I still think with the right manager get rid of the Deadwood grealish would be great for us. He has the potential of being the new Gareth Bale so much more attack minded than negative players we have now ,many times do we get the ball forward and then it broke down in front of the 18 yard box so frustratingly

I think you have highlighted a problem, Craig. 

If no one comes in for the dead wood, how do we get rid of them? If we look at them as deadwood, so will the scouts from other clubs probably. 

COYS 

41 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I think you have highlighted a problem, Craig. 

If no one comes in for the dead wood, how do we get rid of them? If we look at them as deadwood, so will the scouts from other clubs probably. 

COYS 

Unfortunately we have to bite the bullet and sell cheap if we have to.