Spurs Web
Craig Truespur

Is Kane Staying ?

Just where does the Dof come into the Kane debacle. He presumably was brought in to improve our pathetic record on transfers. 

Nothing much has happened in the transfer window to indicate there has been a marked improvement from what I have seen. Much of the dross I'd still here and only 2 in with one being the No 2 goalie with Hart still here. Also, Toby gone and no replacement yet signed and possibly Sissoko going who is not one of the dross. 

For me personally, I am disappointed with the transfer window so far. 

COYS 

1 minute ago, Jamesinashby said:

Just where does the Dof come into the Kane debacle. He presumably was brought in to improve our pathetic record on transfers. 

Nothing much has happened in the transfer window to indicate there has been a marked improvement from what I have seen. Much of the dross I'd still here and only 2 in with one being the No 2 goalie with Hart still here. Also, Aulderweirald gone and no replacement yet signed and possibly Sissoko going who is not one of the dross. 

Look at the transfer thread mate lol

oh that we could all have a holiday and not care about isolation or losing money/jobs .  get out the club dont ever want him in a Spurs shirt again, Son has the right attitude  Kanes a waste of space amateur , sell him to city and let us smash him on Aug 15th smash him to smithereens (where did that phrase ever come from??) 

40 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

oh that we could all have a holiday and not care about isolation or losing money/jobs .  get out the club dont ever want him in a Spurs shirt again, Son has the right attitude  Kanes a waste of space amateur , sell him to city and let us smash him on Aug 15th smash him to smithereens (where did that phrase ever come from??) 

He has this idiot of a brother called Charlie (appropriate) who says he's an agent but has no other clients except for Harry. He is now spending his time imagining he is the kingpin in sorting out his brother's career. What he fails to realise is that Man City and Spurs are not even close to discussing the matter seriously let alone settling on an acceptable fee. The guy has behaved like an utter pillock and Harry has just crapped on his previous reputation at this club.

3 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

So he did the same last year ,,,,and missed 14 days of training,,,,he should have been back last week knowing the rules ,,,,he could have left the family there ,,,,it’s cost him what let’s say £500 grand playing the Covid card ,,,if the rest of the international players did that it would be carnage,,,,no i in team only me lol

500k is 5p to him, Still makes me laugh at Sky Sports are wasting all their BS and sending people to stand outside the training ground to say he's rebelling all he's doing this is errrr obviously just can't read the calendar

2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Nothing much has happened in the transfer window to indicate there has been a marked improvement from what I have seen. Much of the dross I'd still here and only 2 in with one being the No 2 goalie with Hart still here. Also, Toby gone and no replacement yet signed and possibly Sissoko going who is not one of the dross. 

COYS 

I think getting the goalkeeper and Gill was quite good James I think a lot of the moves are slowed down because of teams to trying to get replacements as well, all the tournaments that  happened had slowed everything down as well cos players they probably have an extended breaks and don't want to talk about transfers,  for your Harry Kane and dust don't read the calendar properly and pull the covid isolation card, closest I'll get to the Caribbean is eating a rottie

3 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS 

You couldn't be more wrong mate. Gollini in for Hart, Gil in for Lamela, Romero in for Toby and still four weeks of the window left. Tomiyasu at the Olympics is supposed to be joining us and plans to sell Sanchez, winks, aurier and possibly a couple of others are in the pipeline.

All young players and the foundation of a squad here for years to come. It really is a time for optimism and excitement.

I can't wait to see who we will have here when the window shuts August 31st :thumb:

29 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

500k is 5p to him, Still makes me laugh at Sky Sports are wasting all their BS and sending people to stand outside the training ground to say he's rebelling all he's doing this is errrr obviously just can't read the calendar

So Kane and his brother agent are dyslexic cos they have seemed to struggle with certain dates when ya turn up to work ,,,,were they late for his kin wedding ,,,,oh kin no ,,,

Amber Covid alert before the euros simple what didn’t they know about lol doh does everyone know that ,,,yes the whole kin world ,,,it’s not a secret ,,,who told anyone doh ,,,Charlie lol

If what we are being lead to believe by the media is true (that Harry isn't playing ball with the club), then how about we let him rot in the reserves for the 3 years that remain on the contract that HE signed. Would Southgate continue to pick Kane for England is he wasn't getting any prem league playing time?

Sure, Harry has been a fantastic servant to the club, but then again, he has been rewarded handsomely with his salary. Also, the club had faith in him to offer the 6 year contract when they did. What if he continued to be sidelined for long periods with his dodgy ankle? What if his ankle got to the point that he was no longer the player that he used to (think Ledley's dodgy knees).

Obviously we do not know exactly what has been going on behind closed doors.
There is rumour that Levy & Harry had some sort of gentlemans agreement (sound familiar, looking back on players that have left previously). 

Levy's current stance seems to be that Harry CAN go on 2 conditions

1. He will not sell to a Prem League team
  2. The price tag is £150M

Seems fair enough for a player who is undoubtedly World class and is one of the best strikers on the planet.

Levy has always had lots of criticism for the way that he works, decisions he makes, etc - but in this case I stand by Levy.
Maybe Kane will go to Citeh and go for less than £150M, but Levy will make it as difficult and drawn out as possible.

3 hours ago, GPK said:

If what we are being lead to believe by the media is true (that Harry isn't playing ball with the club), then how about we let him rot in the reserves for the 3 years that remain on the contract that HE signed. Would Southgate continue to pick Kane for England is he wasn't getting any prem league playing time?

Sure, Harry has been a fantastic servant to the club, but then again, he has been rewarded handsomely with his salary. Also, the club had faith in him to offer the 6 year contract when they did. What if he continued to be sidelined for long periods with his dodgy ankle? What if his ankle got to the point that he was no longer the player that he used to (think Ledley's dodgy knees).

Obviously we do not know exactly what has been going on behind closed doors.
There is rumour that Levy & Harry had some sort of gentlemans agreement (sound familiar, looking back on players that have left previously). 

Levy's current stance seems to be that Harry CAN go on 2 conditions

1. He will not sell to a Prem League team
  2. The price tag is £150M

Seems fair enough for a player who is undoubtedly World class and is one of the best strikers on the planet.

Levy has always had lots of criticism for the way that he works, decisions he makes, etc - but in this case I stand by Levy.
Maybe Kane will go to Citeh and go for less than £150M, but Levy will make it as difficult and drawn out as possible.

I understand your feelings but what is a 31yr old Harry Kane going to be worth to us after 3 years in the reserves ?. If the guy wants to go then something like £120m and Bernardo Silva would be enough for me. Give Fabio £120m to spend and watch the Italian wizard go to work.