Spurs Web
Craig Truespur

Is Kane Staying ?

13 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Let's be fair mate, we had 85 minutes to try and level the scores before their second goal went in and we failed. Whilst I admit the penalty was a disastrous start you cannot blame the loss entirely on that one incident. In order to have won the CL trophy we would have needed to score at least one goal and we couldn't manage it.

And who was thru 1 on 1 with our best chance of the final??? Sisokko skied it row Z useless mong . hence he gets the blame totally. Both ends stupidity

All over SSN today that Kane has again asked to leave and have decisions made before Euros. No source names of course but I have no doubts he wants to move on. I’m sure Daniel has a stiffy right now just thinking about the money and the negotiations 

Kane has told spurs he wants to leave cool done job,,,,now drop him for the rest of the season play Dane scarlet move on simple ,,,done job rebuild he won’t be there if I was levy this is what I would do ,,,,salah gets the golden boot simple no high note ,,,,,if ya wanna come back at 34 ,,,your on a £1 a week and a sub 

My 2 sons are in bits crying there eyes out ,,,even my daughter is crying and she hates football,,,leave good luck ,,,but there will only be one jimmy greaves ,,,don’t come crying back to finish your career please boring cliche

I do wonder what his teammates will be thinking about him now.

He is saying "I need to find another club. Spurs are not successful but that is not my fault. I'm brilliant and I need to play with better players than you lot, because I am much better than you."

3 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I do wonder what his teammates will be thinking about him now.

He is saying "I need to find another club. Spurs are not successful but that is not my fault. I'm brilliant and I need to play with better players than you lot, because I am much better than you."

Exactly he is one part of a wheel he has never scored in a final ,,,so it’s 90% his fault being the striker hmmm 

Looking at a world class player's career objectively, there must always be at the back of their minds to win some medals. Generally, these players are playing for the top clubs and it is never a decision to be loyal to their first club ahead of winning trophies. For Stevie Gerrard, his club won the CL and FA & League Cups. 

For me personally, I would feel very guilty if Harry felt pressured to stay with us and finished up without medals. Let us be honest here. THFC has not been a major club for decades and, apart from 3 seasons under Poch, has never showed the leadership of the club was showing signs of becoming a top European club. 

If I was Harry, I would be saying, "I gave you 4+ seasons to lead this club to the top. You have let me down and, though it hurts me like hell, I need to now go after the medals I crave."

This club currently is well short of top class players. We ain't going to get a top coach and some 8 or 10 top class players this summer to put us in a position to compete for top trophies. Far  more likely, we will be starting all over again without some of our stars. 

I think Harry will want to go and I pray DL doesn't put such a high price on him it keeps him at the club. We need to thank Harry with all our heart and not punish him. 

COYS 

4 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Looking at a world class player's career objectively, there must always be at the back of their minds to win some medals. Generally, these players are playing for the top clubs and it is never a decision to be loyal to their first club ahead of winning trophies. For Stevie Gerrard, his club won the CL and FA & League Cups. 

For me personally, I would feel very guilty if Harry felt pressured to stay with us and finished up without medals. Let us be honest here. THFC has not been a major club for decades and, apart from 3 seasons under Poch, has never showed the leadership of the club was showing signs of becoming a top European club. 

If I was Harry, I would be saying, "I gave you 4+ seasons to lead this club to the top. You have let me down and, though it hurts me like hell, I need to now go after the medals I crave."

This club currently is well short of top class players. We ain't going to get a top coach and some 8 or 10 top class players this summer to put us in a position to compete for top trophies. Far  more likely, we will be starting all over again without some of our stars. 

I think Harry will want to go and I pray DL doesn't put such a high price on him it keeps him at the club. We need to thank Harry with all our heart and not punish him. 

COYS 

Did ya say that when ya signed for the military James nooo,,,sorry pissed off he hasn’t in any final so all our players should leave yes scored in any final for spurs 

Jack Grealish to leave villa he won’t win nothing there or play in finals ,,,,everyone hates spurs ,,,,City don’t need Kane ,,,Man Utd have Cavani,,,so it’s chelsea 

5 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Did ya say that when ya signed for the military James nooo,,,sorry pissed off he hasn’t in any final so all our players should leave yes scored in any final for spurs 

Slightly different, M8. 

Very few sign on with a view to make it their career. I think a majority of those who join actually leave and look for pastures new if it wasn't for them. I always had the right to leave, but I stayed in because I enjoyed it and got what I wanted from it. 

But each to their own. There is no right or wrong here, just different ways of looking at it. 

COYS 

2 things:

1 - I don't believe Kane will leave Spurs for an english club

2 - Is this life only about medals? Let's say Kane will leave Spurs. He will play for another club for 4 years, taking one championship and 2 cups. Fine. And then? He will finish playing for top level, will play again for a medium club and that's it. He will not be a true legend anywhere! After he leaves, nobody at Spurs will have him in the middle of the heart, he is gone and fuck him. What if he stays? He will not win medals but he will be a true legend for this club, playing as a kid until retirement, he could also be part of club future organization (coach, manager, who knows?). Look at ledley! There is life after being a player. Players like Ledley are legends not only for Spurs, but they even get respect from everybody for such a commitment for one single club. 

4 minutes ago, Mihai said:

2 things:

1 - I don't believe Kane will leave Spurs for an english club

2 - Is this life only about medals? Let's say Kane will leave Spurs. He will play for another club for 4 years, taking one championship and 2 cups. Fine. And then? He will finish playing for top level, will play again for a medium club and that's it. He will not be a true legend anywhere! After he leaves, nobody at Spurs will have him in the middle of the heart, he is gone and fuck him. What if he stays? He will not win medals but he will be a true legend for this club, playing as a kid until retirement, he could also be part of club future organization (coach, manager, who knows?). Look at ledley! There is life after being a player. Players like Ledley are legends not only for Spurs, but they even get respect from everybody for such a commitment for one single club. 

Chelsea simple 

Thought we'd have a thread devoted to our talisman striker and his future (or lack of) at Spurs.

Sky sports latest :

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12309404/kane-tells-tottenham-he-wants-to-leave

According to this article he wants it sorted by the time the Euros start which would perhaps infer that enquiries from another Premier club are now at an advanced stage ?

I cannot blame the lad and if he genuinely wants out then Daniel must accept that and try to secure the best possible financial deal.

18 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Thought we'd have a thread devoted to our talisman striker and his future (or lack of) at Spurs.

Sky sports latest :

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12309404/kane-tells-tottenham-he-wants-to-leave

According to this article he wants it sorted by the time the Euros start which would perhaps infer that enquiries from another Premier club are now at an advanced stage ?

I cannot blame the lad and if he genuinely wants out then Daniel must accept that and try to secure the best possible financial deal.

If I have learned one thing in my long life, it is not to desperately hang on to hope when there is no substance for it - it only deepens the pain when the inevitable happens. 

I have long since given up hope Harry will be playing for us next season. I greatly admired him and am grateful he gave Mourinho this season to achieve what was expected of him. I have no feelings of rancour against him, and if he leaves, he goes with my thanks for staying this long and with my blessing. 

COYS 

Just to add that there seems little doubt in the credibility of this latest development. The Euros deadline may well be Harry's agent trying to put pressure on the club or else negotiations have already taken place behind the scenes. Unless the player comes out with a categorical denial tomorrow then we must assume this announcement of his desire to leave is genuine.

It is also a clear indication that Harry is definitely not impressed by both the efforts being made and the targets being considered, regarding the acquisition of a new manager.

Sad times but no one person is bigger than the club. He will leave a huge void and be greatly missed. Let's just hope Daniel invests the money he gets for him wisely and we don't see another 'Magnificent Seven' fiasco.

I still don’t think he wants to leave.

At this point it’s media driven.  Demanding to have it sorted by the Euros??  I can’t see Kane demanding that.  His representatives see a pay day I’m sure of that but Harry Kane should remain at Spurs and become a legend rather than pulling a Berbatov just to what win a trophy.  What does that do for Kane’s legacy?  Nothing at all in my book.

11 minutes ago, Alonso said:

I still don’t think he wants to leave.

At this point it’s media driven.  Demanding to have it sorted by the Euros??  I can’t see Kane demanding that.  His representatives see a pay day I’m sure of that but Harry Kane should remain at Spurs and become a legend rather than pulling a Berbatov just to what win a trophy.  What does that do for Kane’s legacy?  Nothing at all in my book.

I've no doubt it's the agent putting his foot to the pedal but I don't blame him. Harry's obviously not impressed with the new manager developments and it's clear his personal ambitions will not be met for some time at this club. Unless we see a denial tomorrow by the guy himself I suspect he will be wearing Sky Blue next season. :em5:

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

Chelsea simple 

Thats a fact. Most simple bunch of kents in football . if he goes there he can drop dead in Euros fuck him. If he goes Man U to that midget norweigan freak then hes a dreamer. Man U are only big cos of busby babes tragedy 

Man C fair dos that i can understand but then wheres the feeling of making a difference ? A small cog in an already well oiled winning machine . Easy to score in important games then