Spurs Web
Craig Truespur

Is Kane Staying ?

Let him go, but he won't go with my best wishes. 

Let's face facts here; he has shown no particular 'loyalty' to Spurs. He thought we would win stuff under Poch, so he signed a new contract until 2024, earning a minimum of ten million pounds a year. He thought we would win something under Mourinho, so he stayed. Now he thinks he cannot win anything at Spurs, so he is prepared to renege on his contract and move somewhere he will have more chance of winning trophies, earning even more money in the process.

I don't begrudge him going, but I for one am not going to canonise him or call him a Spurs 'legend'. He is no different to Kyle Walker, Berbatov, Sol Campbell or anyone else that plays for Spurs for a while and then buggers off when he sees something better.

Ledley King, Steve Perryman, Gay Mabbutt - these are Spurs legends. Other legends are players like Shearer and Gerrard. The only way Kane can be compared to them is if he stays at Spurs, beats Jimmy's record and actually helps us win something.

If Kane had turned up for the CL final, he may already have won a medal!

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

Now he thinks he cannot win anything at Spurs, so he is prepared to renege on his contract and move somewhere he will have more chance of winning trophies, earning even more money in the process.

I agree with your comments but let's not assume he is reneging just yet. There is constant reference (albeit in the media) to a 'gentlemen's agreement' he has with Daniel Levy which dates back to last season. Apparently he agreed to stay one more season and see how Mourinho's reign worked out provided Levy would allow him to move if it was unsuccessful.

I agree that we owe him nothing and he has been paid handsomely for his efforts but let's not hang the guy out to dry if it transpires Daniel did do such a deal.

2 hours ago, Borodin said:

Harry last night..........Anybody else also read this as "What's the fucking point man ?"

That hole you mentioned in another thread is deeper than we thought.

Me Thinks Harry has been pissed off for many, many weeks but has been concealing it along with his reasons.  

I think he is pissed off with the team and how they are playing. When he appears to be not in the game, it is not sulking or hiding, his team mates are making the wrong choice of pass and not getting the ball to him in and around the box. It's no wonder he had to keep dropping deep, it was the only way he got to touch the ball. In the 1st half he had the least touches of the ball except for Hugo.

You can't blame him for wanting to leave. 

COYS

4 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

Let him go, but he won't go with my best wishes. 

Let's face facts here; he has shown no particular 'loyalty' to Spurs. He thought we would win stuff under Poch, so he signed a new contract until 2024, earning a minimum of ten million pounds a year. He thought we would win something under Mourinho, so he stayed. Now he thinks he cannot win anything at Spurs, so he is prepared to renege on his contract and move somewhere he will have more chance of winning trophies, earning even more money in the process.

I don't begrudge him going, but I for one am not going to canonise him or call him a Spurs 'legend'. He is no different to Kyle Walker, Berbatov, Sol Campbell or anyone else that plays for Spurs for a while and then buggers off when he sees something better.

Ledley King, Steve Perryman, Gay Mabbutt - these are Spurs legends. Other legends are players like Shearer and Gerrard. The only way Kane can be compared to them is if he stays at Spurs, beats Jimmy's record and actually helps us win something.

If Kane had turned up for the CL final, he may already have won a medal!

Hand in the transfer request give up the £27 mill for the last 3 years of your contract please harry win trophy’s at City good luck ,,,but please don’t wanna come back when your 34 wanting to end your career at your boyhood club 

3 hours ago, Borodin said:

Harry last night..........Anybody else also read this as "What's the fucking point man ?"

Exactly what i think when he shoots straight into a defender whos blocking millimeteres from Harrys feet , or hes lining up a free kick that hes never scores from 

1 minute ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Exactly what i think when he shoots straight into a defender whos blocking millimeteres from Harrys feet , or hes lining up a free kick that hes never scores from 

Lol ,,he is an awesome striker ,,,but not messi,,or ronaldo,,or kdb,,,,he needs feeding ,,,they can run a whole match alone 

32 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Read into this what you will :

Harry Kane: Tottenham striker wants 'honest conversation' with chairman Daniel Levy

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57188042

That all depends how honest both party’s are lol,,,,I would think mr levy has the best poker face in the world that ya can’t read ,,that’s why he is the boss for mr Lewis 

7 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

That hole you mentioned in another thread is deeper than we thought.

Me Thinks Harry has been pissed off for many, many weeks but has been concealing it along with his reasons.  

I think he is pissed off with the team and how they are playing. When he appears to be not in the game, it is not sulking or hiding, his team mates are making the wrong choice of pass and not getting the ball to him in and around the box. It's no wonder he had to keep dropping deep, it was the only way he got to touch the ball. In the 1st half he had the least touches of the ball except for Hugo.

You can't blame him for wanting to leave. 

COYS

The bit about him being upset or sulking because the team aren't performing maybe he should have spoken up a bit more on the pitch and tried to lead from the front. At his age maybe he should stay and help the New Coach, maybe work for his coaching badge get the team that we need and the people kicked out and kicked up the ass that we need be a bit more vocal man..... I'm sorry but I think he has the same problem with England not vocal enough we need leaders in our team

This to me is Kane's way of trying to explain to the fans why he has decided to leave. Maybe I'm wrong but I reckon the guy has already made his mind up and intends asking Levy to let him go.

I don't blame him, honestly. I never want to see him go, but Levy has wasted his best years and shows no signs of changing his tune. At 25 it looked like trophies were inches away. Now due to Levy's lack of investment in the team and his horrible choice of Mourinho, Kane may think his window of opportunity at Spurs has closed.

I only hope he goes to Madrid or something like that, I'd hate to see him in another shirt in the PL. But with his wife and 3 little ones and being a family man, I doubt he wants to uproot everyone. Going to City or some other club with a brain at the top only makes too much sense, sadly.

Transfer price of at least £100m being discussed but when you consider the players required to get the quality we need back into the squad then that doesn't cover the cost.

We'd need to have a fire sale and get rid of Dier,Sanchez,Winks, Aurier, Doherty and Sissoko for say another £150m.

That would give the new manager £250m for new players. Clever spending required.

So whilst a minimum of £100m for Harry sounds a lot of money it comes nowhere near what is needed to drag this team back up to an acceptable level.

New manager and this massive rebuild with the new season starting in just 12 weeks on August 7th seems a monumental ask.

11 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

The bit about him being upset or sulking because the team aren't performing maybe he should have spoken up a bit more on the pitch and tried to lead from the front. At his age maybe he should stay and help the New Coach, maybe work for his coaching badge get the team that we need and the people kicked out and kicked up the ass that we need be a bit more vocal man..... I'm sorry but I think he has the same problem with England not vocal enough we need leaders in our team

I agree about not being vocal enough on the pitch. He is constantly whinge at the ref, but that is not being vocal. In fact, because he does it all the time, I suspect the refs are fed up with him. 

He is a cracking striker, but it appears when it comes to being a leader as captain, he is not strong enough. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

I agree about not being vocal enough on the pitch. He is constantly whinge at the ref, but that is not being vocal. In fact, because he does it all the time, I suspect the refs are fed up with him. 

He is a cracking striker, but it appears when it comes to being a leader as captain, he is not strong enough. 

COYS 

I do not see that Harry should be made the scapegoat here or criticised - he's quite a humble fella - and when you're asked to captain your boyhood club and then country - would you refuse either? I'm sure as hell I wouldn't have!.
I am certain he'll move - and I'm also certain that for once Levy needs to get off his tight penny pinching arse and get a new manager in asap - and then identify the best players to be included in a player plus cash offer with his new manager and get them in at the start of the transfer window - instead of the usual last minute cock-ups.
Because of his scoring record against the Arse. he will always walk on water!!

2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS 

Some captains like to be 'vocal', Roy Keane was probably the most (in)famous but others prefer to show by example. I would imagine it's like any other team sport. Some players would rather the Captain have a quiet word as opposed to calling them out in front of the whole team during a game. I suppose it's all about how you define the 'strengths' of a leader. When we were top of the table I desperately wanted Hojbjerg to get the job, simply because he personified the fight, grit and effort needed to get to the number one spot. I never liked Lloris holding the title because I always maintain a goalkeeper cannot communicate quickly and effectively enough to the other players.

Being the player he is Harry may as well wear a bullseye on the pitch as far as fouls are concerned and whilst I do accept your comment about him regularly in conversations with referees I think he's only asking for protection rather than 'whinging'. The player I find embarrassing to watch in that regard is Grealish, officially recognised as "the most fouled player in the premier league". He could be a great player but he goes to ground far too much and looks to the ref for a whistle. He may think it clever to win so many free kicks but it is tarnishing his reputation as a footballer when you watch him collapse at the slightest of contact.

Sadly this debate could have little life left in it as I think on Sunday we shall be watching Mr.Kane play his last game in a Spurs shirt for many years. He may well come back for a swan song much later in his career but for me everything is pointing towards a transfer to join Pep. Huge clue for me was when he told Gary Neville that DeBruyne was a 'striker's dream' and would definitely help him score more goals.

To quote :

“When I watch De Bruyne play he’s a special, special player and some of the balls I see him put in for City are just a striker’s dream if I’m honest,” the England skipper added. “He’s an outstanding player with the ball, off the ball, pressing, but his delivery is as good as I’ve ever seen to be honest.”

7 hours ago, Borodin said:

Transfer price of at least £100m being discussed but when you consider the players required to get the quality we need back into the squad then that doesn't cover the cost.

We'd need to have a fire sale and get rid of Dier,Sanchez,Winks, Aurier, Doherty and Sissoko for say another £150m.

That would give the new manager £250m for new players. Clever spending required.

So whilst a minimum of £100m for Harry sounds a lot of money it comes nowhere near what is needed to drag this team back up to an acceptable level.

New manager and this massive rebuild with the new season starting in just 12 weeks on August 7th seems a monumental ask.

Mate you’re having a laugh If you think we’d get £150 for those six donkeys! That’s £25 m average per player!!!!!

i think you’re starting to think like Daniel Levy

6 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

Mate you’re having a laugh If you think we’d get £150 for those six donkeys! That’s £25 m average per player!!!!!

i think you’re starting to think like Daniel Levy

Okay, maybe I did get a little carried away and you're nearer with the £150 valuation :dd:

According to this website : https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/

Just put the players name in the search bar .....

Dier £22.5m

Sanchez £31.5m

Winks £19.8m

Aurier £18m

Doherty £16.2m

Sissoko £11.7m

Grand total £119.7m

:em8:

19 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Okay, maybe I did get a little carried away and you're nearer with the £150 valuation :dd:

According to this website : https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/

Just put the players name in the search bar .....

Dier £22.5m

Sanchez £31.5m

Winks £19.8m

Aurier £18m

Doherty £16.2m

Sissoko £11.7m

Grand total £119.7m

:em8:

If anyone pays 22m for Dier or 31m for Sanchez I will change my name to Daniel Levy Jr

9 hours ago, Borodin said:

Plus the Euros in the summer which must cost a few weeks of normal negotiating and coaching time, making the pre-season rebuild task even harder.

Edited by BlockFeet
Explained my point more clearly.

Here’s another take on it...

Let’s assume we have to (or agree to) sell Kane to an English team this summer.

Well since ManC are so far ahead of us right now then you could argue that selling Kane to them is arguably better for us than selling to Chelsea, ManU or Liverpool who are closer realistic domestic rivals to us next season for top 4 and/or cups. 

I’d rather not sell at all, or sell abroad instead - but if it has to be a rival then I’d probably prefer that it’s City.

I feel dirty typing that. 

4 hours ago, BlockFeet said:

Here’s another take on it...

Let’s assume we have to (or agree to) sell Kane to an English team this summer.

Well since ManC are so far ahead of us right now then you could argue that selling Kane to them is arguably better for us than selling to Chelsea, ManU or Liverpool who are closer realistic domestic rivals to us next season for top 4 and/or cups. 

I’d rather not sell at all, or sell abroad instead - but if it has to be a rival then I’d probably prefer that it’s City.

I feel dirty typing that. 

I totally agree, let the Man City juggernaut cruise ever onward but let's try and pull the others back with some shrewd investment from the sale of our players (not just Kane). We have to be realistic and plan the rebuild for a top four spot. We can go on a genuine title charge a bit later. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey :thumb: