Spurs Web
Craig Truespur

Is Kane Staying ?

3 hours ago, Borodin said:

I think it totally depends on who that guy is. Look at Mourinho, everyone said Kanes goals would dry up with his defensive style but the exact opposite happened. What does concern me is that these constant disasters with would be managers continually seem to reflect a lack of ambition by Levy and the club for success in the foreseeable future. It's all about 'projects' and 'development of players'. Harry's seen all that before and doesn't have time to waste. I'm sorry but I firmly believe he's on his way.

Totally agree mate, if I were him I’d be handing in a transfer request as soon as the Euros are done. Why should he - the best player in the Prem - sacrifice what’s left of his career to a Chairman who rejects one of the top 5 managers in the world over whether or not there’s 100m to spend on overhauling this rat infested squad? Why should he be playing alongside crap like Dier and winks etc and youngsters like Scarlet and Skipp (nothing against those lads) when he could be getting service from DeBruyne?

We are the laughing stock of the league and we deserve to be laughed at

3 hours ago, Borodin said:

I think it totally depends on who that guy is. Look at Mourinho, everyone said Kanes goals would dry up with his defensive style but the exact opposite happened. What does concern me is that these constant disasters with would be managers continually seem to reflect a lack of ambition by Levy and the club for success in the foreseeable future. It's all about 'projects' and 'development of players'. Harry's seen all that before and doesn't have time to waste. I'm sorry but I firmly believe he's on his way.

Transfer request only give up the £30 mill ,,,that spurs would have to pay him if spurs sell him 

2 hours ago, USSpurs said:

Totally agree mate, if I were him I’d be handing in a transfer request as soon as the Euros are done. Why should he - the best player in the Prem - sacrifice what’s left of his career to a Chairman who rejects one of the top 5 managers in the world over whether or not there’s 100m to spend on overhauling this rat infested squad? Why should he be playing alongside crap like Dier and winks etc and youngsters like Scarlet and Skipp (nothing against those lads) when he could be getting service from DeBruyne?

We are the laughing stock of the league and we deserve to be laughed at

I think that you'll find more people laugh at woolwich.

For a start all of us do, and most of their own fans and ex players too.

DL tried with maureenho to buy a quick fix, as we all hoped would be provided, but M is a busted flush, and thank goodness, sent on his way. I'm sure there will be good news on the manager front soon. I think the new DoF will be good for us. COYFS

15 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

For me, whether we have one or not is dependent on whether the wage structure and money to buy the best players available. Our record buys wouldn't even make the bench of the best teams in Europe. 

The successful teams over the last couple of decades have found the money to but in the world's best players. If, for whatever reason, we can't or don't do this, it is unlikely we will do a Leicester and win the top 2 English trophies. 

For me, I am looking for signs we are going to find the money to compete rather than looking for who is joining the club.

We seem to have fallen into a chasm and  climbing out of it is going to be tough, whoever is involved with the running of the football side of the club. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

For me, whether we have one or not is dependent on whether the wage structure and money to buy the best players available. Our record buys wouldn't even make the bench of the best teams in Europe. 

The successful teams over the last couple of decades have found the money to but in the world's best players. If, for whatever reason, we can't or don't do this, it is unlikely we will do a Leicester and win the top 2 English trophies. 

For me, I am looking for signs we are going to find the money to compete rather than looking for who is joining the club.

We seem to have fallen into a chasm and  climbing out of it is going to be tough, whoever is involved with the running of the football side of the club. 

COYS 

The main reason this guy is coming in is to deflect the negative flak that Levy has faced over recent seasons. Decisions about incoming and outgoing players have long been seen as the result of discussions between the manager and chairman, which has allowed people like Poch to moan and groan and direct all the anger towards Levy. The appointment of a DOF effectively puts a buffer between the two, allowing Daniel to say "It's nothing to do with me, these two decide on all team selection matters but I advise on the financial side of things so they know how much is in the war chest"

It's a clever move and Paratici is reportedly going to be earning £120k a week in order to be a body shield for our glorious leader :em5:. I expect to read about his appointment early this week.

This is the problem. DL is not addressing the problem. 

It doesn't look promising if his priority is deflecting criticism by putting a shield up around himself. 

It's pointless getting worked up about it as it won't change a thing. All we can do is sit here feeling the pain and frustration without any light seemingly at the end of the tunnel. 

COYS 

21 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

This is the problem. DL is not addressing the problem. 

It doesn't look promising if his priority is deflecting criticism by putting a shield up around himself. 

It's pointless getting worked up about it as it won't change a thing. All we can do is sit here feeling the pain and frustration without any light seemingly at the end of the tunnel. 

COYS 

Scuttlebutt in Italy is that this weekend was all about Levy playing hardball with Conte and showing him who was boss. The relationship will never be about liking each other but if they can respect each other that might just work. If Conte really is coming then I would expect that to be announced not long after the Paratici appointment is made which is supposed to be imminent. If not then we are looking at TenHag and after that we are back to Potter and friends.

42 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Levy out!!

Sadly, Audere, we the fans who should have a say in the matter, but don't get a vote. 

At the moment he is probably concentrating on NFL  games, Pop concerts and boxing matches. It is rumoured he gets quite grumpy when football interferes with his money-making projects. 

LOL

COYS 

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Scuttlebutt in Italy is that this weekend was all about Levy playing hardball with Conte and showing him who was boss. The relationship will never be about liking each other but if they can respect each other that might just work. If Conte really is coming then I would expect that to be announced not long after the Paratici appointment is made which is supposed to be imminent. If not then we are looking at TenHag and after that we are back to Potter and friends.

Ten Hag at least is a half decent shot. Unfortunately it could be very expensive if he is a possibility. That takes away money from the 'new players' pot. I can't see the dross we want out bringing in much. 

My fear is that Harry leaving is a fore gone conclusion and, if that happens, I hope we get a figure close to his true valuation

It would not be that much of a surprise to me if we start with either the same temporary manager we finished the season with or with another 'filler' until we can get a top coach. 

COYS 

Tbh it doesn’t matter who we get everyone’s not gonna be happy,,,a rebuild is gonna take time ,,so we need young players ready and willing to step up ,,,into the big boots of mr Kane ,,Dane Scarlett,,Troy Parrott etc ya can’t make scrambled eggs without breaking the eggs ,,,we need a manager with an open mind ,,,Rome wasn’t built in a day fellas ,,,who was poch before he landed at spurs ,,,a bloke from Southampton 

13 hours ago, Borodin said:

Check this link out, Harry Kane valued at just €81 which is £69.5m.....absolutely ludicrous

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2020/wp341/en/

Harry with the Golden boot plus the most assists @ 81 million Euros? Rashford 3rd highest?

I couldn't work out whether I was pissed or the compiler, and then I remembered I have been tea total for over 4 years. 

I think I shall move on to the next unread Post. 

COYS 

9 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Harry with the Golden boot plus the most assists @ 81 million Euros? Rashford 3rd highest?

I couldn't work out whether I was pissed or the compiler, and then I remembered I have been tea total for over 4 years. 

I think I shall move on to the next unread Post. 

COYS 

It does make you laugh when Kane and Dele were probably the most expensive English players in the League at some point,  you can get Dele with some hair curlers and a packet of Walkers now

On 5/15/2021 at 3:00 PM, Borodin said:

Let's be fair mate, we had 85 minutes to try and level the scores before their second goal went in and we failed. Whilst I admit the penalty was a disastrous start you cannot blame the loss entirely on that one incident. In order to have won the CL trophy we would have needed to score at least one goal and we couldn't manage it.

Agree, Kane should never have started, he wasn’t fit. I sort of understand the theory you give your best players every chance to prove themselves fit but Kane was a shadow. 

having said that it was a disastrous start and sisokko was a moron putting his arm up. Killed the mood and sucked life out of the team along with Mouras legs not being on pitch. Very disappointing, feel like I never actually watched spurs in the champions league final. Probably never ever get chance again, well in fact I’m certain we won’t. 

As for Kane leaving I think levy is going to make him stay unless we get £150m for him. I think clubs might not bother at that price in today’s market. 
It’s all going to be toxic at spurs next year especially with 2nd rate manager in place. 

1 hour ago, Dazza1976 said:

Agree, Kane should never have started, he wasn’t fit. I sort of understand the theory you give your best players every chance to prove themselves fit but Kane was a shadow. 

having said that it was a disastrous start and sisokko was a moron putting his arm up. Killed the mood and sucked life out of the team along with Mouras legs not being on pitch. Very disappointing, feel like I never actually watched spurs in the champions league final. Probably never ever get chance again, well in fact I’m certain we won’t. 

As for Kane leaving I think levy is going to make him stay unless we get £150m for him. I think clubs might not bother at that price in today’s market. 
It’s all going to be toxic at spurs next year especially with 2nd rate manager in place. 

2nd rate? You’re being too kind

When Man Utd buy Jadon Sancho ,,we can wipe Man Utd off the list off clubs Kane might go too ,,,

I get the feeling that city and Chelsea won’t bid for Kane ,,cos they can go for Haaland next summer for £75 million next season 

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

When Man Utd buy Jadon Sancho ,,we can wipe Man Utd off the list off clubs Kane might go too ,,,

I get the feeling that city and Chelsea won’t bid for Kane ,,cos they can go for Haaland next summer for £75 million next season 

now its just Juve 

On 6/11/2021 at 1:11 PM, Audere Est Facere said:

now its just Juve 

They have less money than Southend ,,mate so if they wanna buy Kane levy wants cash upfront,,,which they don’t have lol ,,,no £50 mill now and then £5 mill every quarter,,,and Harry doesn’t want to go abroad so it’s running out where he goes lol he can’t pick where he goes lol 

He breaks a leg at the euros,,,oh I love spurs ,,,blah blah blah blah blah boring ,,,,no one bids for Kane ,,I love spurs ,,,blah blah blah blah boring u stay lol

On 5/22/2021 at 2:59 AM, Alonso said:

:2074087892_yid1:I love the idea of City.  They re miles ahead now and Kane will just make it a bit further

Thats if we sell him.  I still don't want to but City is the ONLY domestic rival that I would sell too.  120M and an agreement that they do not knock us out of the FA Cup or Carabao Cup. Even better, a straight swap for De Bruyne :dd:

Take that Harry!!!!

Harry has already expressed his strong desire to play with De Bruyne who he believes could help him greatly increase his goal scoring average.

I agree though, of all the Premier club options going to City hurts us the least as they are already miles above us.