Spurs Web
Borodin

Leicester City Vs Spurs Sun 23rd May 16:00 K.O.

It has been a hugely disappointing season for me.

My view is that THFC is now a rudderless ship floundering in stormy seas. I hope and pray for DL and whoever is manager next season to actually get things right, and at least finish next season with concrete evidence we are back on track to becoming a genuine top 4 team. 

To me it is a realistic hope. We have seen unfancied clubs have unexpectedly good seasons so why not us. 

COYS 

I don't think I will watch it, or if I do it will be with the sound down.  I won't be surprised if Harry Kane doesn't even play/

This season has been a total write-off. The sooner it's over, the better. The chairman, the board, the manager(s) and the players have all been substandard.

I guess the only way is up !

17 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I don't think I will watch it, or if I do it will be with the sound down.  I won't be surprised if Harry Kane doesn't even play/

This season has been a total write-off. The sooner it's over, the better. The chairman, the board, the manager(s) and the players have all been substandard.

I guess the only way is up !

My wife and I are going to watch a film called "The Living Dead" instead. Same story basically but a different cast to the normal Spurs squad members. :bb:

Apparently Rodon is travelling with the team today. If Ryan Mason thinks he is going to appease the fans by giving the lad a run out today he is sadly mistaken where I am concerned. His treatment of Joe Rodon has been inexcusable and his persistence with the Dier/Winks combination unfathomable. He could at least have had the player sitting on the bench ready to come on as a sub rather than exclude him completely from the squad.

The end of this season cannot come quick enough.

15 hours ago, Borodin said:

The end of a long and arduous season. We have gone from the dizzy heights of being top of the league to now facing the daunting prospect of ending up below West Ham and Arsenal. Titles and trophies seem years away and we face the future without a designated manager and the possibility of losing our top striker to a Premier rival. The club appears to be in free-fall with Daniel Levy bereft of a plan or strategy following Mourinho's sudden but understandable departure.

As a supporter I don't think I've ever felt so low for years. Not so much with experiencing disappointment and failure yet again but more with the unpredictability of the future that lies ahead for this wonderful club. It saddens me greatly to see a squad of players that quite simply don't care and don't try. Many of them are a disgrace to the shirt and certainly do not represent what I consider to be the tradition and honour of this famous and proud football club.

There is a mountain to climb before we can get back to being a genuine contender for both domestic and European success. The first step is the selection of the manager to try and take us on that journey. It is pivotal to our survival in the Premier league that we choose carefully and correctly, there is no more margin for error otherwise we face the prospect of a bottom half finish next season.

Only by being 100% confident that we have the right person sitting in the Manager's office can we then proceed to watch him transform and rebuild the squad. It will take time but let us hope that ahead of us lie no more false dawns only steady steps forward towards getting back our pride and playing football the Tottenham Way.

We go again August 14th    COYS !!

I agree with you totally - but I felt that way as soon as Maureen was appointed - it showed an incredibly naive side to Levy and a moneyman's knee jerk reaction to a footballing crisis when we should have bit the bullet and got rid of at least 8 players this summer - it was certainly not all Maureen's fault however  - I have felt like vomiting at Dier and his ravings - Bale has been an expensive pipe dream that has not worked - Delle Alli has been awful - we've spoken about the need to get the right manager in - I would rather start with kids than the present bunch of mis-firing so-called Senior Players - I have felt worse than I do now - but it's a damn close run thing.

2 hours ago, Borodin said:

Apparently Rodon is travelling with the team today. If Ryan Mason thinks he is going to appease the fans by giving the lad a run out today he is sadly mistaken where I am concerned. His treatment of Joe Rodon has been inexcusable and his persistence with the Dier/Winks combination unfathomable. He could at least have had the player sitting on the bench ready to come on as a sub rather than exclude him completely from the squad.

The end of this season cannot come quick enough.

Just seen the team sheet - Sanchez in for Dire - Winks and Alli in - Mason is a fecking moron - if he's our future then we are F*CKED!!!
Unbelievably thick!.

Once again with other teams around having wobbles we go along with them and have ours! The season when we should have one the League we let Leicester in!

I need a rest from my beloved Spurs although I have renewed my Membership!!!

COYSX

3 minutes ago, Alonso said:

Team choices are baffling to me.

What’s up with N’Dombele?  Now he a mt even get in the squad?

Mason needs his head kicking in - No Rodon , Ndombele or Lo Celso - if we're handing Leicester the points on a plate - why not play the U18"s:q::q:

What has happened to Son? I know it’s a sub plot to some much bigger issues, but he’s been basically dreadful for months. Already today he’s got the ball 3 times and lost it immediately 3 times. Zero confidence, awful touches, poor passes. Just a complete shadow of the player we need right now.

Sanchez presumably picked for his pace. 

Immediately out-sprinted by Jamie Vardy despite having a two yard head start.

Then a stupid trip by Toby.

What’s the f***ing point man?

1 minute ago, Cromulentmart said:

Definite penalty. Toby deliberately tripped him.

Toby left his foot there, Vardy put his foot in... is how I saw it..... Not the first time but after several viewings......

The sad truth, it was foreseeable. All started a long time ago. Precisely in 2015, when we signed Sissoko instead of Wijnaldum, Janssen the top scorer in a league where defense is an alien concept and Nkoudou.... who? 

Are these players the ambitions of a club that ended the season as third? Its no big calculation, the chairman is responsible for that mess!

Last day  and we look so ordinary, the only player I’m ready to keep 100% is the one that’s decided to leave. Not one of them is above average in my book. I feel it’s going to be a long journey getting back to decent entertaining team. It’s so frustrating.

7 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

Sanchez presumably picked for his pace. 

Immediately out-sprinted by Jamie Vardy despite having a two yard head start.

Then a stupid trip by Toby.

What’s the f***ing point man?

Actually, Sanchez is the fastest from the clowns we have 

I hate saying this but I think Harry's ambition to win the golden boot means he is predictably greedy with the ball in the box and reluctant to pass.